By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGC Atheists,Whats your reason?

I have been doing alot work on my religious beliefs,actually i didn't have any so it was alot of work

Most people who call themselves atheist or agnostics lack knowledge of science and confuse religion with GOD and the result is blind faith in science,the same thing on what they criticize the religious folks,their blind faith in religion]

science and religion work together.science itself only leads us to purely(economic slavery) and religion leads us to the same kind of thinking that GOD is bigger than us so we like slaves  pray to him.This creates an egoistic world where one religion is better than the other(religious wars)and economics govern who is the better person(financial war).

All religions have something or the other in common like ethics,principles,etc.And the meaning of a relgions teaching's change from time to time according to the problem and the situation faced by human beings.

Anyways,Pantheistic religions like Buddhism are very close to what you think about life.

So are you just ignorant or hate religions(if then where doesn't that hate come from?

Around the Network

No reason to believe I guess.

Jay520 said:
No reason to believe I guess.

believe in what?

God is a metaphor, nothing more. I don't believe in anything that doesn't have substantial evidence supporting it. God, as a collective theory, is just too convenient to believe. I go with science. I don't fill in the blanks with fictional omnipotent beings just so I can feel good and trick myself into believing there's more than this life.

I hate religion because not only does it HAVE these irrational beliefs, but history is littered with examples of people pushing these irrational beliefs without good reason.

I maintain that if people could PROVE god was real, prove THEIR god was real, and prove their interpretations of their God are accurate, I'd drop the whole issue.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

The phrase "blind faith in science" makes no sense. Science is based upon rationality and experimentation. Everything is assumed false until there is evidence of it. And if more evidence proves a theory wrong, the theory is modified or replaced by a new theory. Science's willingness to change is its greatest strength.

On the other hand, religion is a fixed "truth" which was somewhat believable 2000 years ago, with the meagre science that we had, but which quite often contradicts actual scientific evidence (creationism contradicts evolution; the Bible has no dinosaurs; the world is 3 billion rather than 600 years old, and so on) which has been more recently discovered. You are putting your faith in somebody who claims to have seen god (who has of course done no such thing), who hasn't really done any research, and who, to be honest, probably hasn't even read the Bible in any detail, judging by what the majority of Christians seem to preach.

I would gladly put my "faith" in the consensus of research scientists who analyze and question everything, but not in a pastor or imam or what have you who tells me that I am going to hell for believing in evolution or some such thing.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Runa & Snakeoboi in the same thread on opposing parties.

This is gonna be good.

I have the popcorn ready

Runa216 said:
God is a metaphor, nothing more. I don't believe in anything that doesn't have substantial evidence supporting it. God, as a collective theory, is just too convenient to believe. I go with science. I don't fill in the blanks with fictional omnipotent beings just so I can feel good and trick myself into believing there's more than this life.

I hate religion because not only does it HAVE these irrational beliefs, but history is littered with examples of people pushing these irrational beliefs without good reason.

I maintain that if people could PROVE god was real, prove THEIR god was real, and prove their interpretations of their God are accurate, I'd drop the whole issue.

Buddhism doesn't have a god and most scientist are panthiest

panthiesm is what brings logic(science) and art of life(joy and pain) together

pezus said:
Why would I believe really? I don't see the benefits in believing in something that I can't see or feel.

panthiesm isn't about believing

religion is'nt reality. It's just something put believe in to make themselves feel better,nothing more.