By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGC Atheists,Whats your reason?

RolStoppable said:
snakenobi said:

so you fell into the trap that children are born with religion of their parents.i know that thinking,most people have it

anyways,pantheism and Buddhism isn't about somebody telling you about what is correct or not,it is about you deciding.

That "trap" really isn't about thinking, it's something that just goes on your birth certificate.

Not picking any religion is also all about me deciding, so I don't see why I should bother with what any religion has to offer when I already have what I want.

there are religion which don't offer anything

they are just like atheist thinking of life is a gift and do everything yourself thinking

most people who say they are atheist lack knowledge and think all religion are the same about heaven and hell.

Around the Network
zarx said:
Because I think society and the government impose more than enough rules and regulations, I see no need to seek out more.

thats what they want you to become weak and give up

all religons do not impose rules.

panthiesim is like athiesm but you don't feel weak

Rath said:
There is no real evidence of anything supernatural having ever happened. Therefore I don't believe in anything supernatural, which makes me an atheist.

religion isn't about supernatural things happening,not all are atleast

anything supernatural happening will disturb the perfectness of this world

pezus said:
snakenobi said:
pezus said:

What has the chase of knowledge made possible for us so far? With more knowledge, we can better help humanity.

i'm not against it,jst being against workaholic behaviour and economic slavery that it brings.

it should be done in moderation

its like if you are a scientist  and you have a dying son and you keep chasing a solution and you don't cherish the time left and then you find the solution but your son dies,what good is it for?

people trying to do what will naturally come in time in the future in current time frame is not the way to live

Do you know how medical sciences were a few hundred years ago compared to today? Why is that? 

and they will be better a few hundred years from now to

sure

That does not come naturally...you didn't answer my question though

i did,'sure' was a typo

look above it

forest-spirit said:
snakenobi said:
forest-spirit said:
I need a good reason to invest time and money into worshipping deities. An old book isn't enough...

did you even read the OP?

panthiesm and religions like buddhism aren't about deities

they are the same as the scientific knowledge

I'm more or less fine with the different schools of Buddhism. Now, I'm no expert on Buddhism but I get the impression that it's more about finding inner harmony, showing respect to life and searching for wisdom. I enjoy listening to Dalai Lama and while I don't look at him as my spiritual leader or something like that I do consider him a man of wisdom. He doesn't seem to be on a mission to oppress, convert or censor either, which is nice.

While I do like many of the ideas of Buddhism I still don't see the point of calling myself a buddhist, and I like the freedom of not belonging to any religious camp.

yeah that fine

but when you say that u are atheist

it sends the wrong signal and people who lack knowledge start calling themselves athiest and ignorance spreads

Around the Network
snakenobi said:
zarx said:
Because I think society and the government impose more than enough rules and regulations, I see no need to seek out more.

What? They who?

And I don't feel weak and I don't need to belong some religious group to make me feel better about myself, that is for weak people who can't stand on their own. Being an Athiest doesn't make you feel weak.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Because I´m not afraid of death, finitism and randomness of the Universe. The need to sofocate those fears are the major reason for the creation of the concept of gods, imo.

pwin´ every other villain since 1994

zarx said:
snakenobi said:
zarx said:

What? They who?

And I don't feel weak and I don't need to belong some religious group to make me feel better about myself, that is for weak people who can't stand on their own. Being an Athiest doesn't make you feel weak.

it will in the future

and panthiesm isn't about belonging to any group

Mr.Ashtear said:
Because I´m not afraid of death, finitism and randomness of the Universe. The need to sofocate those fears are the major reason for the creation of the concept of gods, imo.

so you think religious people are afraid of death?

Buddhism has no GOD's and atheism is about being pantheist which is the same as Buddhism

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours"

Stephen Roberts

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’