By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Motorsport 4 Reviews

yo_john117 said:
evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:
evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:

no they don't have an agenda, they're just fucking retarded

"Gran Turismo 5 simply isn't fun. It is too bogged down by precision and realism for the average gamer to embrace"

and I pity anyone who calls themselves fans of racing sims that trust anything these morons have to say

Finally a totally unbiased person to speak the truth

because what I posted was totally made up.....

here's another

"Gran Turismo 5 is a 10/10 simulator wrapped up in a 5/10 game" lets's play a game of which moron reviewer said that dumb shit

yeah how dare PD make JUST a racing sim......

I know those are quotes from reviews but what you have to take into consideration is when reviewing a game you review the whole entire package not just part of it.

As of right now Forza 4 is a superior racing game than GT5..Every review that i've seen has said that. Sure GT5 may do some things better but as a whole F4 looks to be a step up.

And to be clear I believe GT5 may have slightly better simulation aspects but I am saving my final judgement for when Inside Sim Racer does a comparison between the two and you should too.

to repeat myself:

yeah how dare PD make JUST a racing simulator

Around the Network
evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:
evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:
evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:

"Gran Turismo 5 simply isn't fun. It is too bogged down by precision and realism for the average gamer to embrace"

and I pity anyone who calls themselves fans of racing sims that trust anything these morons have to say

here's another

"Gran Turismo 5 is a 10/10 simulator wrapped up in a 5/10 game" lets's play a game of which moron reviewer said that dumb shit

I know those are quotes from reviews but what you have to take into consideration is when reviewing a game you review the whole entire package not just part of it.

As of right now Forza 4 is a superior racing game than GT5..Every review that i've seen has said that. Sure GT5 may do some things better but as a whole F4 looks to be a step up.

And to be clear I believe GT5 may have slightly better simulation aspects but I am saving my final judgement for when Inside Sim Racer does a comparison between the two and you should too.

to repeat myself:

To repeat myself. You review a game based on EVERYTHING it contains not pieces of it just so you can appease angry fans.

ZaneWane said:

Forza has been proven to be superior racer so let go and move on

by whom......the same people that knocked GT5 for being and get this shit.....realistic, no no no.....TOO realistic

excuse me please:

yo_john117 said:
evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:
evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:
evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:

here's another

to repeat myself:

To repeat myself. You review a game based on EVERYTHING it contains not pieces of it just so you can appease angry fans.

ok because you don't get it;

they all said GT5 was a TEN OUT OF TEN RACING SIMULATOR

I'm saying that's all GT was EVER going to be, in short they knocked it for being something it was never going to be.

and GT5 has the biggest fanbase of any sim of all time, tell me why it would be bad to carter to just these people???

fucking lol it just hit me, maybe if Turn 10 spent it's time catering to the hardcore and only the hardcore like GT they would sell as much as GT and you Forza fans would have a leg to stand on, fucking irony man I tell ya, it can be a crazy sometmes

evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:
evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:
evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:
evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:

here's another

to repeat myself:

I'm saying that's all GT was EVER going to be, in short they knocked it for being something it was never going to be.

and GT5 has the biggest fanbase of any sim of all time, tell me why it would be bad to carter to just these people???

fucking lol it just hit me, maybe if Turn 10 spent it's time catering to the hardcore and only the hardcore like GT they would sell as much as GT and you Forza fans would have a leg to stand on, fucking irony man I tell ya, it can be a crazy sometmes

Forza 4 does cater to the hardcore more so than ever. I've played the demo with all assists off and simulation on and I can tell you it is by far the most realistic Forza game to date. All the cars have brand new tire physics so they all feel exactly how they should handle, added a simulation steering option, and tons of other new features to make it the most realistic Forza game. The game is a simulation if you want it to be, that is whats great about Forza 4. Anyone can sit down and play whether you want all the assists on, turned off,  or customized to your liking; you get a choose. 

Turn 10 knows what the hell they are doing. If anything they are gaining more racing fans. People don't become racing fans out of the blue, it takes time and you take it step by step just like for everything else. If you jump in a game at expect without playing before you will be turned off right away.

For example someone new to Forza 4 will start with all assists on, but several races later he/she decides to play of medium. Then a month later they are playing on expert with assists off and simulation on. Right there Turn 10 has turned one more person into a racing fan and a car fanatic. 

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:

Forza 4 does cater to the hardcore more so than ever. I've played the demo with all assists off and simulation on and I can tell you it is by far the most realistic Forza game to date. All the cars have brand new tire physics so they all feel exactly how they should handle, added a simulation steering option, and tons of other new features to make it the most realistic Forza game. The game is a simulation if you want it to be, that is whats great about Forza 4. Anyone can sit down and play whether you want all the assists on, turned off,  or customized to your liking; you get a choose. 

Turn 10 knows what the hell they are doing. If anything they are gaining more racing fans. People don't become racing fans out of the blue, it takes time and you take it step by step just like for everything else. If you jump in a game at expect without playing before you will be turned off right away.

For example someone new to Forza 4 will start with all assists on, but several races later he/she decides to play of medium. Then a month later they are playing on expert with assists off and simulation on. Right there Turn 10 has turned one more person into a racing fan and a car fanatic. 

wasn't the point, but duely noted

evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:
evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:
evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:
evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:

here's another

to repeat myself:

You really don't seem to understand what I am getting at here. When a review reviews a game they take into consideration everything. Graphics, sound, interface, gameplay, features, length and sometimes even hype (which is unfortunate) A game can have amazing gameplay but if everything else isn't up to par than they will knock points off of the game. GT5 may have been a 10/10 racing sim but everything else about the game was a 5/10 which means the overall game score will get knocked some. 

Now I believe if GT5 would have been named a different game and hadn't been in developement for 5+ years it would have gotten better scores but still in this case it looks like Forza 4 is truly the better game as a whole package and there's nothing wrong with that because 1. It came out later than GT5 and 2. It's pushing GT to be an even better game series.

And BTW Gran Turismo's userbase is far far from just being extreme sim fans. It has in fact a huge casual userbase.

It's back down to a 92 now.

yo_john117 said:

Still a 95 to come, but it should be a solid 92, won't likely fall lower.

Seece said:
yo_john117 said:

Still a 95 to come, but it should be a solid 92, won't likely fall lower.

I hope it goes back up to a 93...I sure could use the points in your meta league