By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Motorsport 4 Reviews

kowenicki said:
Skeeuk said:
@kowen, it wont let me quote, isnt that the pickup in the background that they demolished a building with it on top and it still started?

yes, the Toyota Hilux.

I think Forza may have captured the essense of what top gear is about in those aspects of the game where it is featured.

well they have the official licence so they can include TG features with ease, i just need to know whats the single player like wasnt a fan of the forza 3 version

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:
Skeeuk said:
does anyone know whats included in single player? so far the reviews havent touched on this mabey apart from cvg

I'm not totally sure what you mean by this but I'll answer as best I can.

The single player features a "World Tour" mode which sends you from track to track across the course of many racing seasons like in Forza 3. However, this time the AI scales in difficulty as you progress through your career. You can also opt to use the Event List to pick races from the single player and go about completing them all with more control on the level of AI and such, but the easier you make races, the less you earn.

I love that the AI will be dynamic in the SP mode!

yo_john117 said:
Griffin said:
yo_john117 said:
Griffin said:
sales2099 said:
Griffin said:

These reviwers have clearly lost their marbles. Best sim and best graphics, they must be playing a different game then me. GT5 uses a higher res then forza and due to that the cars and tracks look more crisp and less blurry. The Forza cars still don't have the same amount of detail that GT5 does and the higher res makes this much more clear. The lighting during racing is flat and still not on the same level as GT5.

Forza even with all options on simulation still uses "driving assist". You can hit the gas to max during a full corner and your car will not spin out or lose control at all. Try doing that in GT5 and your car is spinning 100% of the time.

No weather or night racing in Forza either.  But the game from what i can tell runs more smoothly then GT5 and has no screen tearing during heavy scenes like GT5.

Thats right....everybody is clearly brainwashed when your opinion suddenly isnt the winning one anymore lol

And I still find it funny GT fans still say the bolded statement when clearly....without question 800 cars or 4/5 of GT5 cars are upscaled Ps2 models. 

And lets not get into the ungodly amount of features that Forza has over GT.....making Forza the 90+ giant and GT5 the 84 it is. 

Its not my opinion its fact.  Side by side screenshots all over the net that show this and the fact i have been playing it aswell is just more proof.  Reviewers and fanboys can't be responsible to decide anything.  Just look at any other review, for example GTA4 and its oscar worthly writing and perfect game score.  Or everyone that said Forza3 was betting looking then it turns out they were passing off photoshop as ingame images and ingame most of it was unchaged since F2.  Its the same for F3, most of the side by side with F4 to F3 look the same or worse in some screens.

Those 800cars have been patched more then once from launch and when passing them fast in another car they look better then F4 just due to the lighting and other effects PD use.

"Ungodly amount of features"?  You mean like night driving, weather, dynamic weather and time of day racing, dirt, snow,  nascar, 24hour endurance racing, B-spec mode, nearly weekly events added to the game.  oh wait thats GT5.

Should we take the word of a random who is obviously biased towards GT5 or the words of every reviewer who has played both games? 

What I'm really waiting for is for is Inside Sim to do a head to head with Forza 4 and GT5

Oh you mean the reviewers that put in 8-12hours with all assists on then review it...  And the ones who have not touched another racing game in over a year and can't remember what they look like or play like.  The same reviewers which can't tell the difference between blops PS3 and KZ3 graphics.

Those are all assumptions. Even if they were true I would still trust them more than a very biased GT5 lover. You have a motive, they don't.

no they don't have an agenda, they're just fucking retarded

"Gran Turismo 5 simply isn't fun. It is too bogged down by precision and realism for the average gamer to embrace"

and I pity anyone who calls themselves fans of racing sims that trust anything these morons have to say

Reading some very laughable comments on youtube video reviews.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

kowenicki said:
Reasonable said:
Mordred11 said:
Reasonable said:

Dedicated racing sim site.  While since I looked at it.  They seemed to keep changing their review approach making it hard to compare titles.  Seemed to know their stuff though and give fairly in-depth reviews of sim games for PC and consoles as well as accessories like wheels.  TBH their view (and other similar sites) are probably more relevant than a lot of game review sites who I personally wouldn't necessarily trust to know more about how a race car should feel than me or be able to really judge driving physics, etc.

They should review Forza 4 soon - they don't normally bother with deadlines as they're producing in-depth reviews rather than rushing to match game release.  I'm hoping a few of the sim sites will review both Forza 4 and revist GT5 after the Spec 2.0 update as that should make for an interesting comparison.

In that case,I guess I agree with their review being more relevant than the others.

Like I said,I'm glad F4 turns out to be an amazing game.With the bar set even higher,it can only mean good news for GT fans like myself.

Forza 4 seems very good from my time with it so far.  I actually prefer aspects of GT 5 still, but Forza 4 is close in many respects, ahead in others and still behind in a few (the premium cars in GT5 still slightly nix the Froza 4 models from what I've seen and even reviews putting Forza 4 ahead overall mention this, the lighting still seems a little better on the cars and tracks in Gt 5 and the force feedback and track accuracy also seem better too).  But whereas Forza 3 felt like a pretender to the throne for the most part where it mattered Forza 4 really delivers.

So long as Turn 10 stop the silly slagging (which they seem to have done) I think it's great there are two similar titles pushing each other to match each release.

Next up - GT 5 Spec 2.0.

you have forza 4?

Not officially.  But I work in retail and was in a position to "borrow" a copy for an evening earlier this week.  Only risked a play of SP and didn't try and go online.  Was pretty impressed overall.  Had to return so it could go to its proper place (don't worry it wasn't someone's retail copy but one intended for in-store use after launch).

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:

"Gran Turismo 5 simply isn't fun. It is too bogged down by precision and realism for the average gamer to embrace"

and I pity anyone who calls themselves fans of racing sims that trust anything these morons have to say

Finally a totally unbiased person to speak the truth

yo_john117 said:
evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:

because what I posted was totally made up.....

here's another

"Gran Turismo 5 is a 10/10 simulator wrapped up in a 5/10 game" let's play a game of which moron reviewer said that dumb shit

yeah how dare PD make JUST a racing sim......

edit: it might seem like bias, but seriously if Forza4 matched GT5 feature for feature and did it better than GT5.....I say it's better than GT5, but currently it has half the content and people are calling it better based on reviews from the same people that knocked GT5 for being JUST a racing sim, whatever floats your boat , but whatever right as long as you enjoy it, but I will admit this it is more visually consistent (though falls short of GT at it's best), and damn sure sounds a fuck load better, which puzzles me as to why no one has mentioned this yet, the sound in Forza 4 beats GT5 ass

kowenicki said:
Reasonable said:
kowenicki said:
Reasonable said:
Mordred11 said:
Reasonable said:

Dedicated racing sim site.  While since I looked at it.  They seemed to keep changing their review approach making it hard to compare titles.  Seemed to know their stuff though and give fairly in-depth reviews of sim games for PC and consoles as well as accessories like wheels.  TBH their view (and other similar sites) are probably more relevant than a lot of game review sites who I personally wouldn't necessarily trust to know more about how a race car should feel than me or be able to really judge driving physics, etc.

They should review Forza 4 soon - they don't normally bother with deadlines as they're producing in-depth reviews rather than rushing to match game release.  I'm hoping a few of the sim sites will review both Forza 4 and revist GT5 after the Spec 2.0 update as that should make for an interesting comparison.

In that case,I guess I agree with their review being more relevant than the others.

Like I said,I'm glad F4 turns out to be an amazing game.With the bar set even higher,it can only mean good news for GT fans like myself.

Forza 4 seems very good from my time with it so far.  I actually prefer aspects of GT 5 still, but Forza 4 is close in many respects, ahead in others and still behind in a few (the premium cars in GT5 still slightly nix the Froza 4 models from what I've seen and even reviews putting Forza 4 ahead overall mention this, the lighting still seems a little better on the cars and tracks in Gt 5 and the force feedback and track accuracy also seem better too).  But whereas Forza 3 felt like a pretender to the throne for the most part where it mattered Forza 4 really delivers.

So long as Turn 10 stop the silly slagging (which they seem to have done) I think it's great there are two similar titles pushing each other to match each release.

Next up - GT 5 Spec 2.0.

you have forza 4?

Not officially.  But I work in retail and was in a position to "borrow" a copy for an evening earlier this week.  Only risked a play of SP and didn't try and go online.  Was pretty impressed overall.  Had to return so it could go to its proper place (don't worry it wasn't someone's retail copy but one intended for in-store use after launch).

nice.

It is.  You will be very happy - at least based on the 3 hours or so I got to play around with it.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:
evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:

here's another

"Gran Turismo 5 is a 10/10 simulator wrapped up in a 5/10 game" lets's play a game of which moron reviewer said that dumb shit

I know those are quotes from reviews but what you have to take into consideration is when reviewing a game you review the whole entire package not just part of it.

As of right now Forza 4 is a superior racing game than GT5..Every review that i've seen has said that. Sure GT5 may do some things better but as a whole F4 looks to be a step up.

And to be clear I believe GT5 may have slightly better simulation aspects but I am saving my final judgement for when Inside Sim Racer does a comparison between the two and you should too.

evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:
evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:

here's another

"Gran Turismo 5 is a 10/10 simulator wrapped up in a 5/10 game" let's play a game of which moron reviewer said that dumb shit

edit: it might seem like bias, but seriously if Forza4 matched GT5 feature for feature and did it better than GT5.....I say it's better than GT5, but currently it has half the content and people are calling it better based on reviews from the same people that knocked GT5 for being JUST a racing sim, whatever floats your boat , but whatever right as long as you enjoy it, but I will admit this it is more visually consistent (though falls short of GT at it's best), and damn sure sounds a fuck load better, which puzzles me as to why no one has mentioned this yet, the sound in Forza 4 beats GT5 ass

forza has been proven to be superior racer so let go and move on