By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Motorsport 4 Reviews

yo_john117 said:

You really don't seem to understand what I am getting at here. When a review reviews a game they take into consideration everything. Graphics, sound, interface, gameplay, features, length and sometimes even hype (which is unfortunate) A game can have amazing gameplay but if everything else isn't up to par than they will knock points off of the game. GT5 may have been a 10/10 racing sim but everything else about the game was a 5/10 which means the overall game score will get knocked some. 

Now I believe if GT5 would have been named a different game and hadn't been in developement for 5+ years it would have gotten better scores but still in this case it looks like Forza 4 is truly the better game as a whole package and there's nothing wrong with that because 1. It came out later than GT5 and 2. It's pushing GT to be an even better game series.

And BTW Gran Turismo's userbase is far far from just being extreme sim fans. It has in fact a huge casual userbase.

whatever man, when I play a racing sim I'm playing a racing sim I could care less about the cosmetic bullshit, all of that is a bonus

being better in all the areas that means shit to racing sims doesn't make it a better racing sim I don't care how consistant it is, Dynamic day and night, support of the many different areas of motorsport, Karting, Nascar, Super GT, FULL 24 hr Le mans, WRC etc. pushing the envolpe of what possible with the X1, FGT, testing yourself in a variety of dynamic weather conditions like Rain and Snow, these are the things Forza needed to do to be a better package than GT but most of that isn't even supported in Forza and it's a better package due to menus, visual consistancy, is more fun to people who don't know jack shit about racing sims??? ummm how bout no

Not saying Forza is a bad game but a better package than GT5 is just plain bullshit

anyway this is a Forza thread and I've ruied it my bad I'm out

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:

Gametrailers - 9.4

The quick glimpse of Nurburgring looked amazing.

About time Gametrailers came up with their review! Been waiting for it!

evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:
evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:

no they don't have an agenda, they're just fucking retarded

"Gran Turismo 5 simply isn't fun. It is too bogged down by precision and realism for the average gamer to embrace"

and I pity anyone who calls themselves fans of racing sims that trust anything these morons have to say

Finally a totally unbiased person to speak the truth

because what I posted was totally made up.....

here's another

"Gran Turismo 5 is a 10/10 simulator wrapped up in a 5/10 game" let's play a game of which moron reviewer said that dumb shit

yeah how dare PD make JUST a racing sim......

edit: it might seem like bias, but seriously if Forza4 matched GT5 feature for feature and did it better than GT5.....I say it's better than GT5, but currently it has half the content and people are calling it better based on reviews from the same people that knocked GT5 for being JUST a racing sim, whatever floats your boat , but whatever right as long as you enjoy it, but I will admit this it is more visually consistent (though falls short of GT at it's best), and damn sure sounds a fuck load better, which puzzles me as to why no one has mentioned this yet, the sound in Forza 4 beats GT5 ass

Heres the thing buddy......your playing a video game at the end of the day. Its a sim....but its also a video game. GT5 is a amazing sim.....but a bad video game. Forza 4 is a great sim AND a fantastic video game......hence a better overall package......hence the 90+ grade compared to a 84.

More in depth campaign, Better music, more detailed tracks, seamless menus, more online modes, more user generated options, more community oriented, Autovista, 500 premium cars as opposed to 200 in GT5, better car sounds.

Its more then just a sim....its a amazing video game. How dare PD just make a sim? How dare they get so lazy as to stop there. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:
evolution_1ne said:
yo_john117 said:

no they don't have an agenda, they're just fucking retarded

"Gran Turismo 5 simply isn't fun. It is too bogged down by precision and realism for the average gamer to embrace"

and I pity anyone who calls themselves fans of racing sims that trust anything these morons have to say

Finally a totally unbiased person to speak the truth

because what I posted was totally made up.....

here's another

"Gran Turismo 5 is a 10/10 simulator wrapped up in a 5/10 game" let's play a game of which moron reviewer said that dumb shit

yeah how dare PD make JUST a racing sim......

edit: it might seem like bias, but seriously if Forza4 matched GT5 feature for feature and did it better than GT5.....I say it's better than GT5, but currently it has half the content and people are calling it better based on reviews from the same people that knocked GT5 for being JUST a racing sim, whatever floats your boat , but whatever right as long as you enjoy it, but I will admit this it is more visually consistent (though falls short of GT at it's best), and damn sure sounds a fuck load better, which puzzles me as to why no one has mentioned this yet, the sound in Forza 4 beats GT5 ass

Heres the thing buddy......your playing a video game at the end of the day. Its a sim....but its also a video game. GT5 is a amazing sim.....but a bad video game. Forza 4 is a great sim AND a fantastic video game......hence a better overall package......hence the 90+ grade compared to a 84.

More in depth campaign, Better music, more detailed tracks, seamless menus, more online modes, more user generated options, more community oriented, Autovista, 500 premium cars as opposed to 200 in GT5, better car sounds.

Its more then just a sim....its a amazing video game. How dare PD just make a sim? How dare they get so lazy as to stop there. 

evolution_1ne said:

That gif is hilarious!  I sense your frustration, man.  Just let it go.  It's not worth it.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
evolution_1ne said:

That gif is hilarious!  I sense your frustration, man.  Just let it go.  It's not worth it.

Frustration? All the Sony and GT fans ever do on this site is insult instead of debating.

gametrailers review is up http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-forza-motorsport/722007?#new_comment

Nsanity said:
d21lewis said:
evolution_1ne said:

Frustration? All the Sony and GT fans ever do on this site is insult instead of debating.

so saying it doesn't provide the content and features to make it a better racing sim than GT5 because it doesn't, is an insult......... ok

ZaneWane said:
gametrailers review is up http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-forza-motorsport/722007?#new_comment

Repost (see last page). :p

But what the heck, i'll watch it a second time.

kowenicki said:
evolution_1ne said:
Nsanity said:
d21lewis said:
evolution_1ne said:

so saying it doesn't provide the content and features to make it a better racing sim than GT5 because it doesn't, is an insult......... ok

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=135206&page=1#3

InsideSIm preview

hope that wasn't a response and more like a heads up, enjoyed it either way though