By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - The Simpsons May Get Canceled!!! ...

Tagged games:

amp316 said:
While I'm thinking about it, they really need to cancel Family Guy too. That show was never funny.





Around the Network
Xen said:
amp316 said:
While I'm thinking about it, they really need to cancel Family Guy too. That show was never funny.




I didn't laugh.  Was I supposed to?



Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
Xen said:
amp316 said:
While I'm thinking about it, they really need to cancel Family Guy too. That show was never funny.




I didn't laugh.  Was I supposed to?

Liar!

It's mostly unfunny yes, but there are genious bits there and there.



Xen said:
amp316 said:
Xen said:
amp316 said:
While I'm thinking about it, they really need to cancel Family Guy too. That show was never funny.




I didn't laugh.  Was I supposed to?

Liar!

It's mostly unfunny yes, but there are genious bits there and there.

No lies!

The fire truck bit didn't make me laugh.

Wait, didn't I celebrate because Family Guy already was cancelled once?



Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
Xen said:
amp316 said:
While I'm thinking about it, they really need to cancel Family Guy too. That show was never funny.




I didn't laugh.  Was I supposed to?


I didn't either. Family Guy lives off of cut away jokes and is rarely funny on it's own. The only episode that comes to mind, without cut away jokes was 'Partiot Games', which is usually the epsiode people point out when claiming how funny Family Guy is.

OT: If Fox was smart they wouldn't have canceled King of the Hill or Futurama.



Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network


Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 
 


Yeah that show has lost most of its adult audience to family guy/south park and now that beavis and butthead are coming back don't need this show sorry some shows change and become better others just stick around way past their apex.



Slimebeast said:
sapphi_snake said:
Slimebeast said:
sapphi_snake said:
Slimebeast said:
If it's true like Rol says that the voice actors make $8 million per year I think they should cut that to a fraction of that amount or just close the show. I used to like Simpsions in the 90s but it's definitely not worth it to pay millions to a voice actor. -how can they be so greedy.

LOL, they're the greedy ones?

Yes, to demand $8 million for voice acting a dying cartoon.

'Dying'? It's by far the most popular cartoon in the world, and brings in hundreds of million $ in revenue. How is that qualified as 'dying'?

I meant struggling. It is still a big and succesful show but compared to its past I cant imagine they make anywhere near the same revenues as they did 8-10 years ago, therefore the actors should get severe paycuts or be laid off.

The revenues are as big as ever (what part of 'most popular animated show in the world' doesn't resonate with you?). As for the part in italics, if they do that they might as well cancel the show alltogether. You could call it suicide.



"I don't understand how someone could like Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky, but not like Twilight!!!"

"Last book I read was Brokeback Mountain, I just don't have the patience for them unless it's softcore porn."

                                                                               (The Voice of a Generation and Seece)

"If you cant stand the sound of your own voice than dont become a singer !!!!!"

                                                                               (pizzahut451)

Slimebeast said:
sapphi_snake said:
Slimebeast said:
Player1x3 said:
Meh, the show really wnt off in the last 3 years...its all the ''political corectness''bullshit I say !! Its no fun when they cant (they can, they're just affraid to) insult any group of people at all anymore. The SImpsons would have away with so much more funnier stuff back in the 90's when American media still had some balls left to screw with any group of people other than Eastern Europeans and Christians

I know it's gotten worse but Simspons always was politically correct and never was bold. It's left wing satire written by liberals.

It's quite well made though and I used to enjoy it despite the propaganda and the pure non-political comedy in it was solid.

I take it you've never actually seen it before, no?

I watched every show from early to mid 90's and from 1996 and forward a couple of shows here and there. Simpsons has never been controversial, not even close. 

But you have a left wing perspective, so you might think that critizising capitalism or the weapon industry is bold.

I think you may live in an alternate reality, where the world is different from the world where The Simpsons was created. And criticizing 'capitalism or the weapons industry' is bold (unless you're a right winger with a distorted view of the world). There's also the fact that The Simpsons is a cartoon, and for a cartoon to be broadcasted during prime time, and for it to be aimed towards more mature individuals, dealing with actual issues (as opposed to having a cat and mouse chase each other), was quite controversial at the time.



"I don't understand how someone could like Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky, but not like Twilight!!!"

"Last book I read was Brokeback Mountain, I just don't have the patience for them unless it's softcore porn."

                                                                               (The Voice of a Generation and Seece)

"If you cant stand the sound of your own voice than dont become a singer !!!!!"

                                                                               (pizzahut451)

sapphi_snake said:
Slimebeast said:
sapphi_snake said:
Slimebeast said:
Player1x3 said:
Meh, the show really wnt off in the last 3 years...its all the ''political corectness''bullshit I say !! Its no fun when they cant (they can, they're just affraid to) insult any group of people at all anymore. The SImpsons would have away with so much more funnier stuff back in the 90's when American media still had some balls left to screw with any group of people other than Eastern Europeans and Christians

I know it's gotten worse but Simspons always was politically correct and never was bold. It's left wing satire written by liberals.

It's quite well made though and I used to enjoy it despite the propaganda and the pure non-political comedy in it was solid.

I take it you've never actually seen it before, no?

I watched every show from early to mid 90's and from 1996 and forward a couple of shows here and there. Simpsons has never been controversial, not even close. 

But you have a left wing perspective, so you might think that critizising capitalism or the weapon industry is bold.

I think you may live in an alternate reality, where the world is different from the world where The Simpsons was created. And criticizing 'capitalism or the weapons industry' is bold (unless you're a right winger with a distorted view of the world). There's also the fact that The Simpsons is a cartoon, and for a cartoon to be broadcasted during prime time, and for it to be aimed towards more mature individuals, dealing with actual issues (as opposed to having a cat and mouse chase each other), was quite controversial at the time.

Not sure about the USA to be honest but it definately wasn't controversial in Sweden. It was considered mild political satire. Clever but mild.

Don't get me wrong though, I always liked Simpsons.

Criticizing the weapon industry is not bold man, where did you get that from lol? If a cartoon made propaganda for war and money, that would have been bold!