By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Simpsons May Get Canceled!!! ...

Tagged games:

About time!

Around the Network
sapphi_snake said:
Slimebeast said:
sapphi_snake said:
Slimebeast said:
If it's true like Rol says that the voice actors make $8 million per year I think they should cut that to a fraction of that amount or just close the show. I used to like Simpsions in the 90s but it's definitely not worth it to pay millions to a voice actor. -how can they be so greedy.

LOL, they're the greedy ones?

Yes, to demand $8 million for voice acting a dying cartoon.

'Dying'? It's by far the most popular cartoon in the world, and brings in hundreds of million $ in revenue. How is that qualified as 'dying'?

I meant struggling. It is still a big and succesful show but compared to its past I cant imagine they make anywhere near the same revenues as they did 8-10 years ago, therefore the actors should get severe paycuts or be laid off.

sapphi_snake said:
Slimebeast said:
Player1x3 said:
Meh, the show really wnt off in the last 3 years...its all the ''political corectness''bullshit I say !! Its no fun when they cant (they can, they're just affraid to) insult any group of people at all anymore. The SImpsons would have away with so much more funnier stuff back in the 90's when American media still had some balls left to screw with any group of people other than Eastern Europeans and Christians

I know it's gotten worse but Simspons always was politically correct and never was bold. It's left wing satire written by liberals.

It's quite well made though and I used to enjoy it despite the propaganda and the pure non-political comedy in it was solid.

I take it you've never actually seen it before, no?

I watched every show from early to mid 90's and from 1996 and forward a couple of shows here and there. Simpsons has never been controversial, not even close. 

But you have a left wing perspective, so you might think that critizising capitalism or the weapon industry is bold.

It stopped being funny about 7 years ago...but it is at a point where because of former glories, it is too iconic to cancel in such a way.

Plus money talks, so The Simpsons speaks volumes.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Slimebeast said:
RolStoppable said:
Slimebeast said:

What? $8 million just for recording your voice for a cartoon? I don't believe it.

When sitcom actors can cash $1 million per episode (which is $20-25m per season), then it isn't hard to believe that the voice actors for the Simpsons get paid that much. With a show that popular you want to avoid any changes that may upset the viewers and the actors of course want their fair share of the profits the show generates.

I still don't believe it. An A class Hollywood actor typically gets $8-10 million for a movie (if he is not Leonardo Dicaprio or Will Smith) and a movie including preparations takes a year for an actor to make.

It doesn't take a year for an actor to make a movie, it never does. Hollywood actors can easily make 3-5 movies a year if they want and still appear in television series and have plenty of free time. Movies can be prepared for several years but actors work only for few months for a movie at most. Actors are not involved during preproduction nor in postproduction. And, actually, preparing for theater show take more time than preparing for a movie from actor (every actor agrees with this). They are only involved while filming and filming only takes 2-3 months for even biggest movies.

For example, Jurassic Park had 25 month preproduction but filming only took 3 months (and a lot filming didn't even have humans). Smaller movies which have no special effects don't take more than 3-4 weeks to film.

Around the Network

futurama is better than the simpsons anyway, they should put more effort into that series.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Its no surprise since this is comming from the same corporation that canceled King of the Hill.

I think the real issue is that their costs to animate have to be pretty high. They use traditional animation techniques that are outsourced to South Korea. SK is not a low-income nation by any stretch of the imagination, and each episode takes months to produce... Versus a show like South Park which takes literally days.

Changing animation techniques would likely have a much larger impact on the bottom line than taking away money from the actors who are the huge driving force behind the show.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=simpsons.htm

It's not dying.... And yes I know ALL about Box Office, I know all the records it broke, how it stands, how impressive that REALLY is, etc. The Simpsons is an absolute beast. The simpsons Movie has made more than Saving Pvt Ryan, Monsters Inc, Toy Story 2, Shrek, Twister, and many, MANY others. it is, at t he time of writing, The Simpsons Movie is one of the 100 most successful movies OF ALL TIME, currently ranked at #80. for comparison's sake, the South Park movie, which was released at the height of that show's prime, made less than 1/6th what The Simpsons did, ranked past 1000 somewhere.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I think the Simpsons did become quite mediocre around 5 or 6 seasons ago but the last 2 or 3 have been almost as good as when the Simpsons was at its peak.