By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you do to lose weight?

TheEvilBanana said:
I lost about 100 pounds in 3 months. Only took working out 5 hours a day. >_>

well yeah, thats the way to go. if someone really wants to loose much weight in a small ammount of time, working out für 3+ hours, 4-5 times a week, that sure is the very best solution.

was thinking about it too, but i realized that i am indeed a very sadistic person, but THAT is just too much xD

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network

I never planned to lose weight, but that happened naturally as I moved out of my parents house to a place where I had 5-10 kilometers to university. Just get on the bicycle and go for it.

Now I just maintain status quo.

I replace a meal with fruits and vegetables,and do cardio workouts 6 days a week.

i just love to eat salad everyday.
when i wake up i watch the stuff posted on the internet most of the time its more than enough for me to watch while working out at the same time.

DDR Daily since 2008. Well almost daily, I try to get 4 eighty minute workouts in one week at least.

I was never really that fat (my height actually hid it well) but my intentions were to get rid of my spare tire at first. Nowadays I don't even watch what I eat because of the workouts I do.

Over the years, I've gotten so good at DDR that I could probably do most of the songs blind-folded. A few months ago, I started carry 10 lb dumbells while doing it just to challenge myself.

My life-learned lesson is people just need to move their lazy asses around at 30 minutes a day to lose weight.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:

I try to eat around 1500 calories per day (instead of 2000) and not eat after 6pm. I work out for about 10 minutes a day aswell, but that hardly loses weight, just keeps my strength up. In the last 3 months I've lost 15 pounds (just over 1 stone), so it's working, not quickly but still working.
What do you or have you done to lose weight? 

you have to work out for way more then 10 min a day. I don't worry about calories,that's just way 2 much work. Just do simple things like drink nothing but water and maybe add a salad and some veggies and fruit to your diet. It's all about portion control for me.

oldschoolfool said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

I try to eat around 1500 calories per day (instead of 2000) and not eat after 6pm. I work out for about 10 minutes a day aswell, but that hardly loses weight, just keeps my strength up. In the last 3 months I've lost 15 pounds (just over 1 stone), so it's working, not quickly but still working.
What do you or have you done to lose weight? 

you have to work out for way more then 10 min a day. I don't worry about calories,that's just way 2 much work. Just do simple things like drink nothing but water and maybe add a salad and some veggies and fruit to your diet. It's all about portion control for me.

What about diet soda? I'm too lazy to work out any more than that. What I'm doing now is working so I'll just stick with it :p I'm not exactly fat by the way, just a bit overweight, it's not even noticeable if I'm wearing the right clothes.

When I needed to Cardio is key. I ride my bike, I run and I hit the gym mostly concentrating on cardio. Persistence is key and do not expect to meet your goals overnight.

Weight lifting helps, but it is not essential. If you do enough cardio you can eat whatever you want and still lose weight.

Oh and that is me in my avatar.

Nothing.
I don't gain any thanks to fast metabolism. I've been at around 71kg+-2 for the last 4 years now.

All this talk about diet and exercise makes want a nice big pizza :(