By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you do to lose weight?

If anyone wants to lose weight, you must run, a lot add the cohesion of eating healthy and working out and BAM you should be fine.

What do I do to lose weight? Nothing. I don't need to lose weight.

Around the Network

I'm 1.78m tall and a stable 71kg up to recently, but after my gf has been feeding me for 2 years I went up to 74.8kg (just a bit above the ideal weight).

For a week I've drunk much more water and eaten much less fat and sugar. I walked for over an hour several days. I'm 72.6kg now and it goes down several hundred grams daily.

It wasn't that hard, though it may be due to a fast metabolism, I'm not sure. I also have to say I'm in Spain on holidays at the moment and the hot weather probably helped.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Andrespetmonkey said:
All this talk about diet and exercise makes want a nice big pizza :(

ate one today :D .. together with much coke and a Bag of Chips afterwards.... hurrdurr.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Andrespetmonkey said:

I try to eat around 1500 calories per day (instead of 2000) and not eat after 6pm. I work out for about 10 minutes a day aswell, but that hardly loses weight, just keeps my strength up. In the last 3 months I've lost 15 pounds (just over 1 stone), so it's working, not quickly but still working.
What do you or have you done to lose weight? 

15 pounds in 3 months is perfect.

Keep in mind that you should want to build muscle as well. A lot of fat guys think they have a decent amount of muscle underneath their weight, but often it isn't true.

Weight training makes you build muscle, which means that you will burn more calories per day simply by resting. In the long run, it will give you a much more aesthetic body than just mountains of cardio.

Weight training is also way more fun then running on a treadmill for half an hour over and over.

Not sure I've lost 6 pounds in a month at college while eating the college food still...

Former something....

Around the Network

I'm a marathon runner. On training i run 15 to 20 km everyday with a rest on sundays. I try not to go over 2000 calories.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Occupy yourself so you don't ever think of food.

I'm only ever hungry when I start to relax and think.

I'm probably going to get flamed for admitting this, but I actually do Weight Watchers. Y'know what though? That shit works! I'm down almost 20 lbs. and I'm about to do my second 5K this year in about an hour and a half.

I also swim a lot during the summer. It burns a ton of calories.

"But I don't want to go among mad people!" said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat. "We're all mad here."

Follow me on Twitter! @stefaniefogel

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

im_sneaky said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

I try to eat around 1500 calories per day (instead of 2000) and not eat after 6pm. I work out for about 10 minutes a day aswell, but that hardly loses weight, just keeps my strength up. In the last 3 months I've lost 15 pounds (just over 1 stone), so it's working, not quickly but still working.
What do you or have you done to lose weight? 

15 pounds in 3 months is perfect.

Keep in mind that you should want to build muscle as well. A lot of fat guys think they have a decent amount of muscle underneath their weight, but often it isn't true.

Weight training makes you build muscle, which means that you will burn more calories per day simply by resting. In the long run, it will give you a much more aesthetic body than just mountains of cardio.

Weight training is also way more fun then running on a treadmill for half an hour over and over.

Yup, when I say workout I mean sit ups/pull ups/push ups etc. Making sure I don't become a skeleton :p