By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you do to lose weight?

Jay520 said:
oldschoolfool said:
Jay520 said:
Nothing. As a competetive cross-country & track runner, I'm always in shape

I can't stand runing. I have a gym membership and get on the treadmill,even that get's on my nerves. Running is the most pain in the ass excercise in my opinion.

You're body probably just isn't used to it. After running for a while, you're body becomes stronger & running begins to feel like a fast paced walk. You eventually become very light on your feet after enough training.

Yeah, tell these slowfags how us runners do it!!! Not that I run anymore but I used to all the time in the park by my house.

I once ran clear across town when I was on LSD. I was taking big fucking strides, I had no shoes or shirt on, and I had my arms waving around like a fag.

Twas a good day.

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:
oldschoolfool said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

I try to eat around 1500 calories per day (instead of 2000) and not eat after 6pm. I work out for about 10 minutes a day aswell, but that hardly loses weight, just keeps my strength up. In the last 3 months I've lost 15 pounds (just over 1 stone), so it's working, not quickly but still working.
What do you or have you done to lose weight? 

you have to work out for way more then 10 min a day. I don't worry about calories,that's just way 2 much work. Just do simple things like drink nothing but water and maybe add a salad and some veggies and fruit to your diet. It's all about portion control for me.

What about diet soda? I'm too lazy to work out any more than that. What I'm doing now is working so I'll just stick with it :p I'm not exactly fat by the way, just a bit overweight, it's not even noticeable if I'm wearing the right clothes.

Diet soda is funny.  It may not have calories but it tricks your body into thinking it does since it's still so sweet.  Try replacing soda with sparkling water or sparkling water with lemon (I prefer original La Croix sparkling water).  Also, I drink a lot of tea everyday.  Both green and black tea do wonders for your body and can, in general, burn about 90 extra calories a day.

I also count calories and it's an excellent slow and steady way to lose weight...until you eventually hit your plateau.  At that point you must exercise.  I started counting calories again and I've lost about 10 pounds in the last month and a half (I'm still doing a 2100 calorie per day diet so slower going) but I'm about at my plateau so I've started adding the Kinect game Your Shape which should hopefully help with that.

So in short-- stop drinking sodas and drink water all day.  That will do wonders for you.  Green tea is awesome for you and sparkling water does quite good at replacing sodas.

eat salads, fruits, and other green foods. also drink bear, or any other type of liquor(not necessary but it works well.

workout regularly but not everyday your body needs time to rest and recuperate.

trust me it works. its about clinsing your body.

i have a few others if your interested. i've helped many so its not new to me.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

eat salads, fruits, and other green foods. also drink bear, or any other type of liquor(not necessary but it works well.

Beer really doesn't have ANY nutritional value and liquor is better but still not great.

I have one of these that I keep at my desk at work and it's great. 

1) You're drinking tea which is pretty amazing for you.

2) You're drinking water which keeps you from getting hungry

3) It's a great looseleaf single cup tea maker.  You will get amazing quality tea every day.  I generally get 2-3 brews, depending on the tea, out of one helping.

When you don't feel like tea, you can drink black cofee which is still pretty good for you or sparkling water (which gives you same sensation as drinking a soda).

I'm not saying don't drink beer and liquor while on a diet, but it's not something you can really drink regularly, you can't drink a lot of it, and just be warned they are empty calories.  They have no nutritional value what-so-ever.

twesterm said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Beer really doesn't have ANY nutritional value and liquor is better but still not great.

I have one of these that I keep at my desk at work and it's great. 

1) You're drinking tea which is pretty amazing for you.

2) You're drinking water which keeps you from getting hungry

3) It's a great looseleaf single cup tea maker.  You will get amazing quality tea every day.  I generally get 2-3 brews, depending on the tea, out of one helping.

When you don't feel like tea, you can drink black cofee which is still pretty good for you or sparkling water (which gives you same sensation as drinking a soda).

I'm not saying don't drink beer and liquor while on a diet, but it's not something you can really drink regularly, you can't drink a lot of it, and just be warned they are empty calories.  They have no nutritional value what-so-ever.

dame i spelled beer wrong (stupid seizures). anyway the op did not ask about nutritional value and beer does have vitamin b6. or is it 12? not sure. well i didn't read the op either lol!

the rest of your post is spot on. i also recommend yoga.

now that i've read the op u should switch to 30 minutes a day. 2 days on 1 off working different sections of your body. work the top for 2 but not the same thing. rest for 1 day then work the legs. rest then do a full body workout.

Around the Network

Listen to Bon Jovi. It causes uncontrollable vomiting.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

try eating only when you're hungry....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

amp316 said:

If Bon Jovi makes you vomit,I can't imagine what the likes of JB do to you.May god have mercy on your soul.

Mordred11 said:
amp316 said:

If Bon Jovi makes you vomit,I can't imagine what the likes of JB do to you.May god have mercy on your soul.

I never put myself in a social situation where I would hear Justin Bieber. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Replace sweet drinks with water/green tea, eat at most 2000 calories a day, go on a 20-30 minute jog every day, and you instantly lose 10 lbs in a month.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia