By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rate this Gen's Market Leader: Wii

vlad321 said:
mantlepiecek said:
vlad321 said:

You went half a sentence before contradicting yourself. Pray tell, what are "modern standards" set by? Possibly an HD console or another?

It's actually laughable that you think you weren't comparng the Wii to an HD console. You still sound super defensive, btw.

P.S. There is a thread, it's in my sig.

Read the thread title :

" Rate this gen's market leader: Wii"

PC is not competing at all, so you bringing PC up in this thread shows your insecurity.

It's as if you can't read or don't have any reading comprehension.....

If you decide to slam the Wii for things which are set by HD consoles, then I really can't help myself but point out the hypocirisy in statements like those. Now if a PC gamer was out and about and bashing the Wii with the mentioned cons he wouldn't be all that hypocritical at all. It's like the some HD console owners are bitter the Wii is the market leader and try to bash it with criticisms which they conveniently forget apply to their console of choice from the standpoint of another. If anything, I'm just calling some of those HD owners out on it, and as can be seen by you and doobie, I have hit a sore spot. As I said before, if you can't stand the fire, gtfo from the kitchen. If you are going to make fun of the Wii for graphics, bad online, etc. be prepared to be made fun of by the people with the platform which has superior ones to the HD console.

LOL

First of all, this is rate the market leader Wii. So you are supposed to be rating the wii. Not the HD consoles.

Second of all, you still haven't answered why you are bringing the PC in this when the question is "Rate the Market leader". You know which market the OP is talking about? Yeah the console market.

Its pretty obvious when you are talking about a particular market, you only compare it to stuff in that market.

If anything, I'm just calling some of those HD owners out on it, and as can be seen by you and doobie, I have hit a sore spot

Considering you were the one that quoted Doobie, it seems he was the one that hit a sensitive spot.

If you are going to make fun of the Wii for graphics, bad online, etc. be prepared to be made fun of by the people with the platform which has superior ones to the HD console.

So you are going to make fun of an HD console in the thread that says " Rate the market leader: Wii"?

Around the Network

As a market leader, 4/10
As a console, 6/10
Poor online, multiple outrageous droughts, terrible 3rd party support, and destroying my favorite thing about the wii, the virtual console. Not to mention wiiware is just awful.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

mantlepiecek said:
vlad321 said:
mantlepiecek said:
vlad321 said:

You went half a sentence before contradicting yourself. Pray tell, what are "modern standards" set by? Possibly an HD console or another?

It's actually laughable that you think you weren't comparng the Wii to an HD console. You still sound super defensive, btw.

Read the thread title :

PC is not competing at all, so you bringing PC up in this thread shows your insecurity.

If you decide to slam the Wii for things which are set by HD consoles, then I really can't help myself but point out the hypocirisy in statements like those. Now if a PC gamer was out and about and bashing the Wii with the mentioned cons he wouldn't be all that hypocritical at all. It's like the some HD console owners are bitter the Wii is the market leader and try to bash it with criticisms which they conveniently forget apply to their console of choice from the standpoint of another. If anything, I'm just calling some of those HD owners out on it, and as can be seen by you and doobie, I have hit a sore spot. As I said before, if you can't stand the fire, gtfo from the kitchen. If you are going to make fun of the Wii for graphics, bad online, etc. be prepared to be made fun of by the people with the platform which has superior ones to the HD console.

LOL

First of all, this is rate the market leader Wii. So you are supposed to be rating the wii. Not the HD consoles.

Second of all, you still haven't answered why you are bringing the PC in this when the question is "Rate the Market leader". You know which market the OP is talking about? Yeah the console market.

Its pretty obvious when you are talking about a particular market, you only compare it to stuff in that market.

If anything, I'm just calling some of those HD owners out on it, and as can be seen by you and doobie, I have hit a sore spot

Considering you were the one that quoted Doobie, it seems he was the one that hit a sensitive spot.

If you are going to make fun of the Wii for graphics, bad online, etc. be prepared to be made fun of by the people with the platform which has superior ones to the HD console.

So you are going to make fun of an HD console in the thread that says " Rate the market leader: Wii"?

So now that I know you can't read I will be more explicit. I did rate the Wii, then I replied to a post that rated the Wii hypocritically by pointing out the hypocrisy of said rating. For a not-butthurt-HD-owner, you seem very defensive about it and are grasping at straws at this point.

Edit: I forgot I will have to state this explicitly for you. This isn't about the PC, it's about the Wii and the hipocrisy of HD owners towards it. The PC comparison just serves to show that hypocrisy.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
mantlepiecek said:
vlad321 said:
mantlepiecek said:
vlad321 said:

Read the thread title :

LOL

So now that I know you can't read I will be more explicit. I did rate the Wii, then I replied to a post that rated the Wii hypocritically by pointing out the hypocrisy of said rating. For a not-butthurt-HD-owner, you seem very defensive about it and are grasping at straws at this point.

Edit: I forgot I will have to state this explicitly for you. This isn't about the PC, it's about the Wii and the hipocrisy of HD owners towards it. The PC comparison just serves to show that hypocrisy.

I know that you rated the wii.

Just because the HD consoles have bad graphics doesn't mean wii doesn't have worse graphics. And that's what Doobie wop pointed out.

Edit: I saw your edit back up there...what makes you think I don't game on a PC? I find it lolworthy.

For some outlandish reason I can't even comprehend I give it a 10. I never felt so much gratitude for a system that I initially would have flopped the moment that it came out (I guess word of mouth is still the greatest marketing tool.) Thank that godly force I never was a graphics whore otherwise I might have completely missed out on some of my new all time favorite games I have ever played. In so many categories have the games I played on the wii surpassed my previous favorite games catagories. New favorite co-op game : Kirby's Epic Yarn (prev. MW2 spec ops & World of illusion.) New favorite simulation game : Rune Factory: Frontier (prev. Harvest moon 64.) New favorite 2-d platformer : Donkey Kong Country Returns ( prev. Super Mario World.) New favorite Point and click game : SBCG4AP (prev. I hated point and click games.) Favorite Fucking game of all time : Super Mario Galaxy 2 ( prev. Shadow of the Colossus.) These games and more have made me more glad that I played the most impressive tech demo ever made in 2006. I don't even think I would have even played such great games like Monster Hunter Tri, No More Heroes, Punch-out!, World of Goo, Muramasa, and others that showed me how fucking awesome this console was if it wasn't for my friends talking about good games as we played endless matches of brawl. All in all, what a great surprise this console turned out to be. I was truly blown away.

p.s. Punch-out! plus wii balance board equals sweating by Bear Hugger.

p.p.s. NEED A HUG! :)

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Around the Network

Positives:
- Basically created the "casual" gaming segment i.e. old people, more women than before, etc. (good or bad depending on your view)
- Good 1st party games (SMG, SMG2, LoZ TP, NSMBW, MK Wii, SSBB, etc)
- Motion controls popularized by Wii (can also be seen as a negative depending on the person)
- Pretty much the only system of the big 3 that has fun split screen games (there are some good splitscreens on 360 and PS3 but not as many)

Negatives:
- 6th gen graphics
- No 3rd party support
- Terrible online service
- Had long ass periods of no good games (including currently, hasn't been a great game since Kirby's Epic Yarn in October 2010)
- Massive amount of shovelware games (party games and what-not)

Overall rating: 5/10 and it's only that high because of the good 1st party games

In comparison I probably give the 360 a 7.5 (would be higher w/o RRoD and lack of 1st party games) and the PS3 like a 7.5 as well or maybe an 8 (would be better if it wasn't pointless to own one before Fall 2007, it didn't have massive delays and long development times and it wasn't always so damn expensive until recently)

5.5 or 6 out of 10

dont really feel like explaining why because i think everyone else got if covered lol
only gave it above a 5 because of the few games that it does have are really good.

morenoingrato said:
As expected.
Non Nintendo Fans give it 1s to 5s
Nintendo Fans give it 8s to 10s
Other Posters Give it 6s to 7s

lmao i love this post! its so true

i gave it a 5.5 - 6....so i guess im between a none nintdy fan and other posters

i loved nintendo but as of late (meaning this current gen) i've really started to hate them. They really dont do anything new other then gimmcy stuff that i dont care much for. 

this is my opinion. nintendo fanboys please dont kill me or tell me about the wii sales.

8 out of 10 as it is true that the wii had graphical and online shortcommings but it had arguably the best 1 party library, also a great amount of exclusive, niche and original games and a new form of control unlike any other before it so it definitively deserves a great score. People that say the wii had no games are out of their minds, yeah sure the wii didnt get AAA games like assasins creed or batman aa, but it did get gems like little king story, muramasa, no more heroes, madworld and many others that never got the atention they deserved. In the end the wii is a great console marred by the fact that it was technicaly inferior to current consoles but nevertheless had some truly great games that only a few had a chance to experience.

mantlepiecek said:
vlad321 said:

I know that you rated the wii.

Just because the HD consoles have bad graphics doesn't mean wii doesn't have worse graphics. And that's what Doobie wop pointed out.

Edit: I saw your edit back up there...what makes you think I don't game on a PC? I find it lolworthy.

Since the HD consoels have bad graphics, then their owners should REALLY stfu and stop pretending they like graphics by bashing the Wii. Which is what I pointed out. It's as if a guy with a girlfried who is a 6 made fun of another who had a 4, when there are women that people fuck who are 10s. It's pathetic is what it is.

You almost had me there, then I noticed you had DA:O on PS3. If you are a PC gamer, you are the most lulworthy one I have seen.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835