By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rate this Gen's Market Leader: Wii

mantlepiecek said:
vlad321 said:
mantlepiecek said:

Graphical fidelity is not really an opinion. If the HD console has bad graphics, then the wii definitely has very bad graphics.

Its like a critic, he will criticize both the HD consoles and the SD console for bad graphics, but ultimately he will punish the SD console more for having worse graphics.

Lets take your village example then. If the question was "who was the hottest girl in the village" the answer would obviously be 6. You can't bring the rest of the world into consideration. The only person who is being ignorant is you who is failing to look at the thread title.

You are saying that you can't criticize either of the consoles for bad graphics because they are both not as good as a PC. If that's the case then there would be no criticism for any platform about anything, because there is always something that's worse and there is always something that's better.

@Bolded proves you don't know what a PC is. Or you don't know what a fact is. Fact is that all PCs are not the same. There is no standard for PCs.

Which is funny because game critics are just about always called retarded...

Except that the village is in the rest of the world....  You can do it, but it'd be like looking at retarded children fight, just sad and not even funny.

Did I not explicitly say exactly how what I did is directly connected to the Wii and the PC just happens to be a tool to do it? I want you to go back up the 3 or 4 posts that it has been and go over the words I say and tell me exactly where I lose you, because you seem to be having reading problems. I will do my best to clear away any confusion with words or understanding you may have.

It's one thing to criticize something, it's another thing criticizing it versus something that's pretty bad as well. I hope you realize this.

@@bolded, this shows just how ignorant you are, I suggest you edit it out before anyone else sees what you just said and I will be nice and edit it out of my quote. The PC graphics are measured by what the best game is out at the time. Currently, certian games will fry the HD consoles at their main menus  at the settings they have going for them.

@bolded I was talking about people who are the critics in this thread. Not the professional ones.

The PC graphics are measured by what's the best at the given time? What a retarded method of comparing graphics, since not all the PC owners can even run them.

Here a lot of people are not even comparing the wii's games to best HD games. They are comparing it to the worst ones and yet they come short.

That's the point you have been missing. But it should have been expected.

And if the question is about the village, only the ignorant brings the rest of the world into it. You are the one misunderstanding the question, I am not wasting my time on something I understand perfectly.

I really don't even know how to answer to such a level of ignorance (hopefully on purpose and not for real) and inability to read or understand written word (again, hopefully on purpose).

All I can say is that you really, REALLY should go back up 4 or 5 posts and CAREFULLY what I said about hypocrisy.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
oniyide said:
man i dont know why some of you are engaging Vlad, people like that spend hundreds of dollars every year or two, to play games console owners can already play just to say they have the better looking graphics. Whats even funnier is that sometimes they have to wait a whole damn year to play a game anyway. (Street Fighter4, Batman, AC, etc.) and there are a few genres that are not on PC or wholly underrepresented. fighting games, JRPGs, 3d platformers, those funky music games that were allthe rage, motion heavy games, sports games. Hell just about any japanese made game will not see PC release. Those people are bitter because they feel they are being neglected, so they lash out, dont take it too seriously

Considering my roommate and I have turned on our 360 a total of 3 times in the last year and a half (twice for poker smash once for turtles in time), while the Gamecube (you heard me) has been played countless of times (I won't even get into our PCs), I find your statement appalling ignorant and/or naive.

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
mantlepiecek said:
vlad321 said:
mantlepiecek said:

Graphical fidelity is not really an opinion. If the HD console has bad graphics, then the wii definitely has very bad graphics.

Its like a critic, he will criticize both the HD consoles and the SD console for bad graphics, but ultimately he will punish the SD console more for having worse graphics.

Lets take your village example then. If the question was "who was the hottest girl in the village" the answer would obviously be 6. You can't bring the rest of the world into consideration. The only person who is being ignorant is you who is failing to look at the thread title.

You are saying that you can't criticize either of the consoles for bad graphics because they are both not as good as a PC. If that's the case then there would be no criticism for any platform about anything, because there is always something that's worse and there is always something that's better.

@Bolded proves you don't know what a PC is. Or you don't know what a fact is. Fact is that all PCs are not the same. There is no standard for PCs.

Which is funny because game critics are just about always called retarded...

Except that the village is in the rest of the world....  You can do it, but it'd be like looking at retarded children fight, just sad and not even funny.

Did I not explicitly say exactly how what I did is directly connected to the Wii and the PC just happens to be a tool to do it? I want you to go back up the 3 or 4 posts that it has been and go over the words I say and tell me exactly where I lose you, because you seem to be having reading problems. I will do my best to clear away any confusion with words or understanding you may have.

It's one thing to criticize something, it's another thing criticizing it versus something that's pretty bad as well. I hope you realize this.

@@bolded, this shows just how ignorant you are, I suggest you edit it out before anyone else sees what you just said and I will be nice and edit it out of my quote. The PC graphics are measured by what the best game is out at the time. Currently, certian games will fry the HD consoles at their main menus  at the settings they have going for them.

@bolded I was talking about people who are the critics in this thread. Not the professional ones.

The PC graphics are measured by what's the best at the given time? What a retarded method of comparing graphics, since not all the PC owners can even run them.

Here a lot of people are not even comparing the wii's games to best HD games. They are comparing it to the worst ones and yet they come short.

That's the point you have been missing. But it should have been expected.

And if the question is about the village, only the ignorant brings the rest of the world into it. You are the one misunderstanding the question, I am not wasting my time on something I understand perfectly.

I really don't even know how to answer to such a level of ignorance (hopefully on purpose and not for real) and inability to read or understand written word (again, hopefully on purpose).

All I can say is that you really, REALLY should go back up 4 or 5 posts and CAREFULLY what I said about hypocrisy.

I don't see the hypocrisy. Its like saying a PC gamer shouldn't talk about graphics since the real world has better. Not exactly the perfect example, but similar.

Its like saying you shouldn't criticize a game for having frame rates of 15 fps when there are games with locked 30 fps. And PC games can do more than 60 fps. There's something called "good enough". And then there's something called too bad. Differs for different people. I can play at 30 fps on PC with little problem and on consoles with no problem. However 15 fps is almost impossible for me.

In case you didn't realize, the wii is last gen tech. The HD consoles were actually a step forward and were quite high-end when they were released in 2005-06. The PCs of that time were almost equal.

Point: You don't need to have the best experience to criticize the worst.

If you don't get this point, you are free to keep talking about ignorance.

0/10

I had one for 11 months before I traded it in.

9/10

Honestly, the only complaint I have is the lack of third-party support.

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:
vlad321 said:

I don't see the hypocrisy. Its like saying a PC gamer shouldn't talk about graphics since the real world has better. Not exactly the perfect example, but similar.

Its like saying you shouldn't criticize a game for having frame rates of 15 fps when there are games with locked 30 fps. And PC games can do more than 60 fps. There's something called "good enough". And then there's something called too bad. Differs for different people. I can play at 30 fps on PC with little problem and on consoles with no problem. However 15 fps is almost impossible for me.

In case you didn't realize, the wii is last gen tech. The HD consoles were actually a step forward and were quite high-end when they were released in 2005-06. The PCs of that time were almost equal.

No that example not only isn't perfect, it's absolutely terrible. In fact I can't draw any equalities between what is real life and what is a computer game, you are getting desperate here.

The hipocrisy extends to the "good enough" argument as well. The Wii is perfectly good enough for a LOT of people it seems like (sheer sales volume is still raping either of the other consoles) but the HD owners still go after it. Then the same people who have "good enough" on HD consoels and bash the wii get all ass hurt that a PC gamer comes in and tell them their "good enough" is actually a piece of crap. The whole point is about exactly what you jsut said, people who are settling for something, really, REALLY should stfu and not make fun of others who are settling for something else. That, or not get butthurt about being called out on what they have settled on.

Point: If you have a worse experience, don't bash other worse ones and pretend like you care about it that much.

It still seems like you don't get this point.

vlad321 said:
oniyide said:
man i dont know why some of you are engaging Vlad, people like that spend hundreds of dollars every year or two, to play games console owners can already play just to say they have the better looking graphics. Whats even funnier is that sometimes they have to wait a whole damn year to play a game anyway. (Street Fighter4, Batman, AC, etc.) and there are a few genres that are not on PC or wholly underrepresented. fighting games, JRPGs, 3d platformers, those funky music games that were allthe rage, motion heavy games, sports games. Hell just about any japanese made game will not see PC release. Those people are bitter because they feel they are being neglected, so they lash out, dont take it too seriously

Considering my roommate and I have turned on our 360 a total of 3 times in the last year and a half (twice for poker smash once for turtles in time), while the Gamecube (you heard me) has been played countless of times (I won't even get into our PCs), I find your statement appalling ignorant and/or naive.

i love GC too, whats your point?? what does that have to do with PCs? What does your entire run-on sentence have to do with anything i said. Considering you didnt debunk anything i said, that means im right on the money.

vlad321 said:
mantlepiecek said:
vlad321 said:

No that example not only isn't perfect, it's absolutely terrible. In fact I can't draw any equalities between what is real life and what is a computer game, you are getting desperate here.

The hipocrisy extends to the "good enough" argument as well. The Wii is perfectly good enough for a LOT of people it seems like (sheer sales volume is still raping either of the other consoles) but the HD owners still go after it. Then the same people who have "good enough" on HD consoels and bash the wii get all ass hurt that a PC gamer comes in and tell them their "good enough" is actually a piece of crap. The whole point is about exactly what you jsut said, people who are settling for something, really, REALLY should stfu and not make fun of others who are settling for something else. That, or not get butthurt about being called out on what they have settled on.

2)Point: If you have a worse experience, don't bash other worse ones and pretend like you care about it that much.

It still seems like you don't get this point.

@Bolded

And this is where you don't seem to understand. NO one in this thread got hurt that their HD console can't get as good graphics as a high end PC that's been assembled in the recent years. In fact, the only person who seems to have got hurt is you. If you took the time to read through the entire thread, you will realize that graphics are the main negative many people have pointed.

@2 Bolded

Really? So say, I have an internet connection from a bad ISP. I move on to the better ISP for a better internet connection and criticize my older ISP. According to your logic that would be "hypocritical" because there is a certain ISP who is selling better internet the one I have.

If that's the case then I can only lol.

Doobie_wop said:
3/10

Negatives
- 480p
- Graphically weak
- An abomination of an online service
- Horrible controller, it actually ruined one of their first party games (Brawl)
- Weak third party line-up
- No media capabilities
- Lack of great new first party IPs and even when a good game is developed it so badly distributed that it's nearly impossible to find.
- Large gaps between any good releases
- Needs a much larger hard drive
- Re-iterating on old IPs without introducing new ones
- Massive focus on one type of market for the majority of it's life-cycle
- Motion controls are implemented into nearly every game for no reason and it's never superior to an actual controller.

Positives
- Fully backwards compatible with Gamecube games.
- Home to some interesting niche games (most of them are pretty bad, but their uniqueness makes them interesting).
- It's sturdy.

This ^

ImJustBayuum said:
Mr Khan said:
chocoloco said:
Christian973 said:

Nice troll thread.

What is sad is you cannot take honest opinions.

Reading between the lines makes the OP's intent clear, i should say.

I ask for peoples opinion seeing how this gen or rather how the market leader is coming to its end. Are we not allowed to give our opinion on the Wii now??

not unless its something postive