negatives:

- could be just a bit more powerful.  Would like HD / surround sound at least

- region coded

- Wii motion + should have been there at launch

- Third party trash bin

-  Nintendo of America

Positives

-  Not riddled with shooters and online mp like other consoles

-  Best first party lineup (if outside of North America).

-  Fun when drunk.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

7/10

- Not enough 1st party software support, especially at the end of Wii's lifetime.
- First Party games are all sequals or similar to older exclusives, No new IP's after launch with Wii ___ and not enough variation among old franchises.
- NOA refusing to localize quality JRPG games despite software deficit.
- Not 1 good Mario Party (yet)

+ Some franchises have seen their best, or among their best games. (Twilight Princess, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Mario Galaxy, Kirby, Donkey Kong, etc).
+ Old franchise reboots (Donkey Kong) are much appreciated.
+ Fun to play with others, not so much alone.

Overall I'm happy I bought it, it's fun playing Wii Sports, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros with friends, but since 2008 the system has remained relatively stagnant. Nintendo really could have made some new IP's to populate their library. I don't regret my purchase, but the console definatly hurt my image for console Nintendo's. Just not the same as they used to be.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

mantlepiecek said:
vlad321 said:
mantlepiecek said:
vlad321 said:

I really don't even know how to answer to such a level of ignorance (hopefully on purpose and not for real) and inability to read or understand written word (again, hopefully on purpose).

All I can say is that you really, REALLY should go back up 4 or 5 posts and CAREFULLY what I said about hypocrisy.

I don't see the hypocrisy. Its like saying a PC gamer shouldn't talk about graphics since the real world has better. Not exactly the perfect example, but similar.

Its like saying you shouldn't criticize a game for having frame rates of 15 fps when there are games with locked 30 fps. And PC games can do more than 60 fps. There's something called "good enough". And then there's something called too bad. Differs for different people. I can play at 30 fps on PC with little problem and on consoles with no problem. However 15 fps is almost impossible for me.

In case you didn't realize, the wii is last gen tech. The HD consoles were actually a step forward and were quite high-end when they were released in 2005-06. The PCs of that time were almost equal.

Point: You don't need to have the best experience to criticize the worst.

If you don't get this point, you are free to keep talking about ignorance.

No that example not only isn't perfect, it's absolutely terrible. In fact I can't draw any equalities between what is real life and what is a computer game, you are getting desperate here.

The hipocrisy extends to the "good enough" argument as well. The Wii is perfectly good enough for a LOT of people it seems like (sheer sales volume is still raping either of the other consoles) but the HD owners still go after it. Then the same people who have "good enough" on HD consoels and bash the wii get all ass hurt that a PC gamer comes in and tell them their "good enough" is actually a piece of crap. The whole point is about exactly what you jsut said, people who are settling for something, really, REALLY should stfu and not make fun of others who are settling for something else. That, or not get butthurt about being called out on what they have settled on.

2)Point: If you have a worse experience, don't bash other worse ones and pretend like you care about it that much.

It still seems like you don't get this point.

@Bolded

And this is where you don't seem to understand. NO one in this thread got hurt that their HD console can't get as good graphics as a high end PC that's been assembled in the recent years. In fact, the only person who seems to have got hurt is you. If you took the time to read through the entire thread, you will realize that graphics are the main negative many people have pointed.

@2 Bolded

Really? So say, I have an internet connection from a bad ISP. I move on to the better ISP for a better internet connection and criticize my older ISP. According to your logic that would be "hypocritical" because there is a certain ISP who is selling better internet the one I have.

If that's the case then I can only lol.

And yet the moment I pointed out everything that people bitch about the Wii also applies to the HD console, a whole bunch of people jumped up to whine bitch and complain? That's not a general butthurt behavior? News to me.

That is STILL a terrible analogy. ISPs sell a service, game consoles are not.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

oniyide said:
vlad321 said:
oniyide said:
man i dont know why some of you are engaging Vlad, people like that spend hundreds of dollars every year or two, to play games console owners can already play just to say they have the better looking graphics. Whats even funnier is that sometimes they have to wait a whole damn year to play a game anyway. (Street Fighter4, Batman, AC, etc.) and there are a few genres that are not on PC or wholly underrepresented. fighting games, JRPGs, 3d platformers, those funky music games that were allthe rage, motion heavy games, sports games. Hell just about any japanese made game will not see PC release. Those people are bitter because they feel they are being neglected, so they lash out, dont take it too seriously

Considering my roommate and I have turned on our 360 a total of 3 times in the last year and a half (twice for poker smash once for turtles in time), while the Gamecube (you heard me) has been played countless of times (I won't even get into our PCs), I find your statement appalling ignorant and/or naive.

i love GC too, whats your point?? what does that have to do with PCs? What does your entire run-on sentence have to do with anything i said. Considering you didnt debunk anything i said, that means im right on the money.

Point being is that if any of us were bitter about games being on consoles, we'd probably be playing on the 360 a lot more. That was addressing just one of 4 surprisingly ignorant comments you managed to make in 3 sentences (I would make fun of that, but honestly, I have seen even worse).

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
mantlepiecek said:
vlad321 said:
mantlepiecek said:
vlad321 said:

I really don't even know how to answer to such a level of ignorance (hopefully on purpose and not for real) and inability to read or understand written word (again, hopefully on purpose).

All I can say is that you really, REALLY should go back up 4 or 5 posts and CAREFULLY what I said about hypocrisy.

I don't see the hypocrisy. Its like saying a PC gamer shouldn't talk about graphics since the real world has better. Not exactly the perfect example, but similar.

Its like saying you shouldn't criticize a game for having frame rates of 15 fps when there are games with locked 30 fps. And PC games can do more than 60 fps. There's something called "good enough". And then there's something called too bad. Differs for different people. I can play at 30 fps on PC with little problem and on consoles with no problem. However 15 fps is almost impossible for me.

In case you didn't realize, the wii is last gen tech. The HD consoles were actually a step forward and were quite high-end when they were released in 2005-06. The PCs of that time were almost equal.

Point: You don't need to have the best experience to criticize the worst.

If you don't get this point, you are free to keep talking about ignorance.

No that example not only isn't perfect, it's absolutely terrible. In fact I can't draw any equalities between what is real life and what is a computer game, you are getting desperate here.

The hipocrisy extends to the "good enough" argument as well. The Wii is perfectly good enough for a LOT of people it seems like (sheer sales volume is still raping either of the other consoles) but the HD owners still go after it. Then the same people who have "good enough" on HD consoels and bash the wii get all ass hurt that a PC gamer comes in and tell them their "good enough" is actually a piece of crap. The whole point is about exactly what you jsut said, people who are settling for something, really, REALLY should stfu and not make fun of others who are settling for something else. That, or not get butthurt about being called out on what they have settled on.

2)Point: If you have a worse experience, don't bash other worse ones and pretend like you care about it that much.

It still seems like you don't get this point.

@Bolded

And this is where you don't seem to understand. NO one in this thread got hurt that their HD console can't get as good graphics as a high end PC that's been assembled in the recent years. In fact, the only person who seems to have got hurt is you. If you took the time to read through the entire thread, you will realize that graphics are the main negative many people have pointed.

@2 Bolded

Really? So say, I have an internet connection from a bad ISP. I move on to the better ISP for a better internet connection and criticize my older ISP. According to your logic that would be "hypocritical" because there is a certain ISP who is selling better internet the one I have.

If that's the case then I can only lol.

1) And yet the moment I pointed out everything that people bitch about the Wii also applies to the HD console, a whole bunch of people jumped up to whine bitch and complain? That's not a general butthurt behavior? News to me.

1) Probably because this thread wasn't for what you did. If this was rate the HD consoles then you would be facing less resistance for instance. Its like you think we don't believe it doesn't apply to the HD consoles or something.

2) ISP sells a service, and manufacturers sell consoles. The service that the ISP supplied can be criticized, just like the game console supplied by the manufacturer. I don't see how that's a bad analogy.

Edit: I have seen you point out stuff like "HD owners making fun of wii owners". How is that so? It definitely wasn't in this thread. Pointing out the negative in a particular product is not equal to making fun of its owners.

Around the Network

I'd give it a 7.

Possitives:
+It's concept, how unique and disruptive it has been.
+Excellent first party line up.
+Backwards compatibility.
+It's price.
+Free online service.
+A few interesting 3rd party efforts.
+It's family and party oriented titles.

Negatives:
-Technichal limitations in it's graphical and online capabilities.
-No AAA 3rd party multiplatforms.
-Nintendo was not generous enough to risk it and bring us many jrpgs.

mantlepiecek said:
vlad321 said:

1) And yet the moment I pointed out everything that people bitch about the Wii also applies to the HD console, a whole bunch of people jumped up to whine bitch and complain? That's not a general butthurt behavior? News to me.

1) Probably because this thread wasn't for what you did. If this was rate the HD consoles then you would be facing less resistance for instance. Its like you think we don't believe it doesn't apply to the HD consoles or something.

2) ISP sells a service, and manufacturers sell consoles. The service that the ISP supplied can be criticized, just like the game console supplied by the manufacturer. I don't see how that's a bad analogy.

Edit: I have seen you point out stuff like "HD owners making fun of wii owners". How is that so? It definitely wasn't in this thread. Pointing out the negative in a particular product is not equal to making fun of its owners.

An HD owner clearly bashing the Wii in a thread about the Wii. I point out the hipocrisy in the bashing, and HD owners start getting butthurt.

If you can't see the difference between a service and a product, then we have deeper problems with your understanding than I thought. Your best bet is proably an analogy to cars, but even that is bad because there are clearly different purposes for different classes of car. Meanwhile consoles really are made to have games played on them.

Edit: That's in general, not specific to this thread.

vlad321 said:
oniyide said:
vlad321 said:
oniyide said:
man i dont know why some of you are engaging Vlad, people like that spend hundreds of dollars every year or two, to play games console owners can already play just to say they have the better looking graphics. Whats even funnier is that sometimes they have to wait a whole damn year to play a game anyway. (Street Fighter4, Batman, AC, etc.) and there are a few genres that are not on PC or wholly underrepresented. fighting games, JRPGs, 3d platformers, those funky music games that were allthe rage, motion heavy games, sports games. Hell just about any japanese made game will not see PC release. Those people are bitter because they feel they are being neglected, so they lash out, dont take it too seriously

Considering my roommate and I have turned on our 360 a total of 3 times in the last year and a half (twice for poker smash once for turtles in time), while the Gamecube (you heard me) has been played countless of times (I won't even get into our PCs), I find your statement appalling ignorant and/or naive.

i love GC too, whats your point?? what does that have to do with PCs? What does your entire run-on sentence have to do with anything i said. Considering you didnt debunk anything i said, that means im right on the money.

Point being is that if any of us were bitter about games being on consoles, we'd probably be playing on the 360 a lot more. That was addressing just one of 4 surprisingly ignorant comments you managed to make in 3 sentences (I would make fun of that, but honestly, I have seen even worse).

So those games i mentioned were not put out later on PC?? And i suppose any game released on consoles has been released on PC?? Give me a break.

vlad321 said:
mantlepiecek said:
vlad321 said:

An HD owner clearly bashing the Wii in a thread about the Wii. I point out the hipocrisy in the bashing, and HD owners start getting butthurt.

If you can't see the difference between a service and a product, then we have deeper problems with your understanding than I thought. Your best bet is proably an analogy to cars, but even that is bad because there are clearly different purposes for different classes of car. Meanwhile consoles really are made to have games played on them.

Edit: That's in general, not specific to this thread.

i'd like to agree with you and say that pc gaming is better in every way but i'm not the kind of guy to spend 1000s on a gaming pc only to have to spend even more every few months on upgrades that at the end of the day are still comparable visually for the most part to what consoles provide... but whatever thats just me...

oniyide said:
vlad321 said:

So those games i mentioned were not put out later on PC?? And i suppose any game released on consoles has been released on PC?? Give me a break.

I think the worst part is that you don't even know which parts of your post were the ignorant ones....