Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rate this Gen's Market Leader: Wii

vlad321 said:
oniyide said:
vlad321 said:
oniyide said:
man i dont know why some of you are engaging Vlad, people like that spend hundreds of dollars every year or two, to play games console owners can already play just to say they have the better looking graphics. Whats even funnier is that sometimes they have to wait a whole damn year to play a game anyway. (Street Fighter4, Batman, AC, etc.) and there are a few genres that are not on PC or wholly underrepresented. fighting games, JRPGs, 3d platformers, those funky music games that were allthe rage, motion heavy games, sports games. Hell just about any japanese made game will not see PC release. Those people are bitter because they feel they are being neglected, so they lash out, dont take it too seriously

Considering my roommate and I have turned on our 360 a total of 3 times in the last year and a half (twice for poker smash once for turtles in time), while the Gamecube (you heard me) has been played countless of times (I won't even get into our PCs), I find your statement appalling ignorant and/or naive.


i love GC too, whats your point?? what does that have to do with PCs? What does your entire run-on sentence have to do with anything i said. Considering you didnt debunk anything i said, that means im right on the money.

Point being is that if any of us were bitter about games being on consoles, we'd probably be playing on the 360 a lot more. That was addressing just one of 4 surprisingly ignorant comments you managed to make in 3 sentences (I would make fun of that, but honestly, I have seen even worse).


So those games i mentioned were not put out later on PC?? And i suppose any game released on consoles has been released on PC?? Give me a break.



Around the Network
vlad321 said:
mantlepiecek said:
vlad321 said:


1) And yet the moment I pointed out everything that people bitch about the Wii also applies to the HD console, a whole bunch of people jumped up to whine bitch and complain? That's not a general butthurt behavior? News to me.

That is STILL a terrible analogy. ISPs sell a service, game consoles are not.

1) Probably because this thread wasn't for what you did. If this was rate the HD consoles then you would be facing less resistance for instance. Its like you think we don't believe it doesn't apply to the HD consoles or something.

2) ISP sells a service, and manufacturers sell consoles. The service that the ISP supplied can be criticized, just like the game console supplied by the manufacturer. I don't see how that's a bad analogy.

Edit: I have seen you point out stuff like "HD owners making fun of wii owners". How is that so? It definitely wasn't in this thread. Pointing out the negative in a particular product is not equal to making fun of its owners.

An HD owner clearly bashing the Wii in a thread about the Wii. I point out the hipocrisy in the bashing, and HD owners start getting butthurt.

If you can't see the difference between a service and a product, then we have deeper problems with your understanding than I thought. Your best bet is proably an analogy to cars, but even that is bad because there are clearly different purposes for different classes of car. Meanwhile consoles really are made to have games played on them.

Edit: That's in general, not specific to this thread.

i'd like to agree with you and say that pc gaming is better in every way but i'm not the kind of guy to spend 1000s on a gaming pc only to have to spend even more every few months on upgrades that at the end of the day are still comparable visually for the most part to what consoles provide... but whatever thats just me...



oniyide said:
vlad321 said:

Point being is that if any of us were bitter about games being on consoles, we'd probably be playing on the 360 a lot more. That was addressing just one of 4 surprisingly ignorant comments you managed to make in 3 sentences (I would make fun of that, but honestly, I have seen even worse).


So those games i mentioned were not put out later on PC?? And i suppose any game released on consoles has been released on PC?? Give me a break.


I think the worst part is that you don't even know which parts of your post were the ignorant ones....



Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

 

o_O.Q said:
vlad321 said:
mantlepiecek said:
vlad321 said:


1) And yet the moment I pointed out everything that people bitch about the Wii also applies to the HD console, a whole bunch of people jumped up to whine bitch and complain? That's not a general butthurt behavior? News to me.

That is STILL a terrible analogy. ISPs sell a service, game consoles are not.

1) Probably because this thread wasn't for what you did. If this was rate the HD consoles then you would be facing less resistance for instance. Its like you think we don't believe it doesn't apply to the HD consoles or something.

2) ISP sells a service, and manufacturers sell consoles. The service that the ISP supplied can be criticized, just like the game console supplied by the manufacturer. I don't see how that's a bad analogy.

Edit: I have seen you point out stuff like "HD owners making fun of wii owners". How is that so? It definitely wasn't in this thread. Pointing out the negative in a particular product is not equal to making fun of its owners.

An HD owner clearly bashing the Wii in a thread about the Wii. I point out the hipocrisy in the bashing, and HD owners start getting butthurt.

If you can't see the difference between a service and a product, then we have deeper problems with your understanding than I thought. Your best bet is proably an analogy to cars, but even that is bad because there are clearly different purposes for different classes of car. Meanwhile consoles really are made to have games played on them.

Edit: That's in general, not specific to this thread.

i'd like to agree with you and say that pc gaming is better in every way but i'm not the kind of guy to spend 1000s on a gaming pc only to have to spend even more every few months on upgrades that at the end of the day are still comparable visually for the most part to what consoles provide... but whatever thats just me...


The ignorance is strong with this one.



Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

 

vlad321 said:
mantlepiecek said:
vlad321 said:


1) And yet the moment I pointed out everything that people bitch about the Wii also applies to the HD console, a whole bunch of people jumped up to whine bitch and complain? That's not a general butthurt behavior? News to me.

That is STILL a terrible analogy. ISPs sell a service, game consoles are not.

1) Probably because this thread wasn't for what you did. If this was rate the HD consoles then you would be facing less resistance for instance. Its like you think we don't believe it doesn't apply to the HD consoles or something.

2) ISP sells a service, and manufacturers sell consoles. The service that the ISP supplied can be criticized, just like the game console supplied by the manufacturer. I don't see how that's a bad analogy.

Edit: I have seen you point out stuff like "HD owners making fun of wii owners". How is that so? It definitely wasn't in this thread. Pointing out the negative in a particular product is not equal to making fun of its owners.

1) An HD owner clearly bashing the Wii in a thread about the Wii. I point out the hipocrisy in the bashing, and HD owners start getting butthurt.

If you can't see the difference between a service and a product, then we have deeper problems with your understanding than I thought. Your best bet is proably an analogy to cars, but even that is bad because there are clearly different purposes for different classes of car. Meanwhile consoles really are made to have games played on them.

Edit: That's in general, not specific to this thread.

He owns a wii too. So he can bash it.

If you want to bash the HD consoles, why don't you make another thread for it? Oh that's right you already have, and that seems to be insufficient.

I can see the difference between a service and a product, but I don't see how that changes an analogy. I find it amusing that you are taking a general point that's not specific to this thread and applying it to this thread, and then trying to make a point out of it.

What my analogy proves is that you can criticize something without being hypocritical even if you don't have the best. You on the other hand seem to have problems understanding that. Not to mention that right now if you were to count, graphics or tech limitations would be the most infamous point about the wii, so its hardly one person doing it.

For the first point, it can be said the same to you as well. An HD owner pointing out a flaw in an SD console, and the SD owner getting "butthurt" < which btw is not really allowed to be used on this forums lmao.

In this thread about the wii, its actually allowed to bash it because it is asking for it. "Rate" means asking an opinion. That can be both negative and positive and if a person feels too negative about it he can bash it in the said thread.



Around the Network
vlad321 said:
o_O.Q said:
vlad321 said:
mantlepiecek said:
vlad321 said:


1) And yet the moment I pointed out everything that people bitch about the Wii also applies to the HD console, a whole bunch of people jumped up to whine bitch and complain? That's not a general butthurt behavior? News to me.

That is STILL a terrible analogy. ISPs sell a service, game consoles are not.

1) Probably because this thread wasn't for what you did. If this was rate the HD consoles then you would be facing less resistance for instance. Its like you think we don't believe it doesn't apply to the HD consoles or something.

2) ISP sells a service, and manufacturers sell consoles. The service that the ISP supplied can be criticized, just like the game console supplied by the manufacturer. I don't see how that's a bad analogy.

Edit: I have seen you point out stuff like "HD owners making fun of wii owners". How is that so? It definitely wasn't in this thread. Pointing out the negative in a particular product is not equal to making fun of its owners.

An HD owner clearly bashing the Wii in a thread about the Wii. I point out the hipocrisy in the bashing, and HD owners start getting butthurt.

If you can't see the difference between a service and a product, then we have deeper problems with your understanding than I thought. Your best bet is proably an analogy to cars, but even that is bad because there are clearly different purposes for different classes of car. Meanwhile consoles really are made to have games played on them.

Edit: That's in general, not specific to this thread.

i'd like to agree with you and say that pc gaming is better in every way but i'm not the kind of guy to spend 1000s on a gaming pc only to have to spend even more every few months on upgrades that at the end of the day are still comparable visually for the most part to what consoles provide... but whatever thats just me...


The ignorance is strong with this one.


lol i guess thats why games such as uncharted 3 and gears 3 get compared to pc visuals all the time...

i mean thats not to say that consoles can achieve what even a mid range pc can, but to imply as you have that the difference between wii visuals and HD visuals is the same as the difference between HD visuals and pc visuals is nonsensical imo... 



vlad321 said:
oniyide said:
vlad321 said:

Point being is that if any of us were bitter about games being on consoles, we'd probably be playing on the 360 a lot more. That was addressing just one of 4 surprisingly ignorant comments you managed to make in 3 sentences (I would make fun of that, but honestly, I have seen even worse).


So those games i mentioned were not put out later on PC?? And i suppose any game released on consoles has been released on PC?? Give me a break.


I think the worst part is that you don't even know which parts of your post were the ignorant ones....


nah, the worst part is that your dead wrong and you cant face it. You cant even answer basic questions



2/10

pros: cheap console

cons : too many kiddy and casual games ,
too much mario
no multiplatform games
bad graphics