By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 3 best game of all time?? (Spoilerfree)

smroadkill15 said:
Marks said:
lol good joke. I hate Gears is so boring, all that happens online is you put 58 shots of lancer into a guy then he ducks behind a wall for 3.4 seconds and he's back to full health, then he rolls a couple times and shotguns you once and you're dead. BOOOOORING.

Gears online is worse than getting danger close noob tubed in Modern Warfare 2 or ghost camped by some bitch in Black Ops.

Every single person I know that says they hate Gears online are usually really bad. It might not be the case with you, but it's just an observation I've made over the time of playing gears of war.  It's a different type of game and a lot of my friends that hate Gears mainly play FPS's for there online needs. 

I could probably get good at it with time, but when I tried it for a while (I bought Gears 2 at launch) I was pretty bad. 

I've been good at other 3rd person shooters like Rainbow Six Vegas and Uncharted 2 online, so I'm sure I could get decent at Gears. 

I just hate games with high health like Halo/Gears. I prefer shooters with quick deaths like Rainbow Six, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc.  So I know its just personal opinion but I can't stand Gears. And its not just the high health I hate its all the rolling around, the cover system, etc. I like Halo better than Gears because there's no cover system and no camping. 

Around the Network
Marks said:
smroadkill15 said:
Marks said:
lol good joke. I hate Gears is so boring, all that happens online is you put 58 shots of lancer into a guy then he ducks behind a wall for 3.4 seconds and he's back to full health, then he rolls a couple times and shotguns you once and you're dead. BOOOOORING.

Gears online is worse than getting danger close noob tubed in Modern Warfare 2 or ghost camped by some bitch in Black Ops.

Every single person I know that says they hate Gears online are usually really bad. It might not be the case with you, but it's just an observation I've made over the time of playing gears of war.  It's a different type of game and a lot of my friends that hate Gears mainly play FPS's for there online needs. 

I could probably get good at it with time, but when I tried it for a while (I bought Gears 2 at launch) I was pretty bad. 

I've been good at other 3rd person shooters like Rainbow Six Vegas and Uncharted 2 online, so I'm sure I could get decent at Gears. 

I just hate games with high health like Halo/Gears. I prefer shooters with quick deaths like Rainbow Six, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc.  So I know its just personal opinion but I can't stand Gears. And its not just the high health I hate its all the rolling around, the cover system, etc. I like Halo better than Gears because there's no cover system and no camping. 

I'm the compete opposite. I don't really like realistic military shooters like BF, COD, Medal of Honor, Rainbow Six etc.(except COD4).  I perfer arcady shooters because I just find them a lot more interesting and fun. It seems there is just a lot more camping in the games I mentioned above, which makes it a lot less enjoyable.   

Nsanity said:

His opinion is not fact and judging by his sig i dont think he is going to around here much longer.

"Best TPS no doubt, but best game of all time..."

So you can at least acknowledge that this is an opinion too? I mean, I don't mind whatsoever if people choose Gears over Uncharted or vice versa, but when you start calling out other people...well, that's pretty hypocritical.

OT: I haven't played the campaign (no longer have an X360), but I played the online at a friend's. Smoothest console game using dedicated servers? Hell to the freaking no, as mantle said.

And there is no game this gen that makes it in my top ten either.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

I think FFX is the best game of all time si I guess Toasty is allowed to think G3ow is the best of all time, though with that said, it's the best gears ever.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

huaxiong90 said:
Nsanity said:

His opinion is not fact and judging by his sig i dont think he is going to around here much longer.

So you can at least acknowledge that this is an opinion too? I mean, I don't mind whatsoever if people choose Gears over Uncharted or vice versa, but when you start calling out other people...well, that's pretty hypocritical.

OT: I haven't played the campaign (no longer have an X360), but I played the online at a friend's. Smoothest game using dedicated servers? Hell to the freaking no, as mantle said.

Best TPS and best game of all time are two completely different so dont be spinning my words to make me look like im the bad guy.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
huaxiong90 said:
Nsanity said:

OT: I haven't played the campaign (no longer have an X360), but I played the online at a friend's. Smoothest game using dedicated servers? Hell to the freaking no, as mantle said.

Best TPS and best game of all time are two completely different so dont be spinning my words to make me look like im the bad guy.

You completely missed his point. ¬_¬

wouldn't the best 3rd person also be uncharted?

Nsanity said:
huaxiong90 said:

Please reread my post. That wasn't my point at all.

And I'm not trying to make anyone look like the bad guy.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Serious wtf @ people predicting that games that haven't even been reviewed, let alone released yet are going to be GOTY's.

Not my personal GOTY yet, will wait for BF3 to make up that decision.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

2 month from now Nobody will talk about gears so I don't think so

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.