By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 3 best game of all time?? (Spoilerfree)

Gears 3 is easily the best Gears game and pretty much one of the best of it's genre, but the game suffers from a list of problems both story and pacing wise that do hurt the experience. I won't go into detail because it would be spoilerific, but it is far from being the best game of all time (from a campaign perspective).

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
Doobie_wop said:
Gears 3 is easily the best Gears game and pretty much one of the best of it's genre, but the game suffers from a list of problems both story and pacing wise that do hurt the experience. I won't go into detail because it would be spoilerific, but it is far from being the best game of all time (from a campaign perspective).

Thank you atleast someone understands.Gears is great but just not one of the best games of all time.Oh and thank you for not spoiling im currently playing through Gears of War 1 and so far so good nothing special I like the chainsaw gun though :P.

I wouldn't say its the best game ever but its defiantly somewhere in my top 10 and my favorite gears game so far.

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

I don't know how to respond, other than saying...how?

Now, from what I've played I like the game (played about 7 hours so far) but the best game ever? No. Better than past Gears games? No. (Something feels off about it, dunno what...).

GOTY? No. Xenoblade ATM, which may be beaten by Skyrim or Skyward Sword.

A good game? Yes. A great game? No.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Nsanity said:
EGG_OF_D00m said:
Nsanity said:
x_DMX_x said:
If you think Gears of War 3 is the best game of all time and is going to win GOTY keep dreaming...Gears is easily beaten by Uncharted because real gamers don't only care about Single player only which Gears only provides multi-player.
Batman,Uncharted,Skyrim,Dark Souls>>>Gears of War 3 Easily.

Can i borrow that time machine of yours?

if he ment uncharted 2 he's right

His opinion is not fact and judging by his sig i dont think he is going to around here much longer.

Opinions sure aren't facts.  But a quick look at Metacritics, and you see that the consensus agrees with him about Uncharted 2. ^_-

That being said, his mentions of Skyrim and Dark Souls are rather ridiculous.  Games that aren't even out are already better games that Gears of War 3?  Seems to me like this guy didn't even play the game, and is the kind that labels a game the best ever without even putting any objective thoughts in the equation.  Blindly buying into hype...

Of course, what matters is what you think.  I wouldn't have played and have had a blast with WKC if I had only listened to what critics think of it.

Around the Network

You know that a lot of players are having issues with the multiplayer right? it is for me simply impossible to play beast mode, I can only join some friends but starting a beast mode game with randoms doesn't work. The game use that stupid region filtering thing so if you are living in a region with no many Gears players you are going to be fucked.

srry man but i thought the campaign was just alright, graphics are great, gameplay's great, story is very weak, online is amazing, but not GOTY... My GOTY picks:

1. uncharted 3

2. SKyrim

3. Dark souls

4. Gears 3

5. LBP2

It's one of those games, no doubt. On the Xbox, that means it's a game i will see my friends play for weeks if not months.

Personally, i wouldn't even put Gears 3 in my top 20 best games ever. But that's me.

lol I thought the topic creator is Selnor until I looked at the username. The whole writing style just screams Selnor.

Looks like you got yourself a BFF, Selnor! ^_^

Hynad said:
Nsanity said:
EGG_OF_D00m said:
Nsanity said:
x_DMX_x said:
If you think Gears of War 3 is the best game of all time and is going to win GOTY keep dreaming...Gears is easily beaten by Uncharted because real gamers don't only care about Single player only which Gears only provides multi-player.
Batman,Uncharted,Skyrim,Dark Souls>>>Gears of War 3 Easily.

Can i borrow that time machine of yours?

if he ment uncharted 2 he's right

His opinion is not fact and judging by his sig i dont think he is going to around here much longer.

Opinions sure aren't facts.  But a quick look at Metacritics, and you see that the consensus agrees with him about Uncharted 2. ^_-

That being said, his mentions of Skyrim and Dark Souls are rather ridiculous.  Games that aren't even out are already better games that Gears of War 3?  Seems to me like this guy didn't even play the game, and is the kind that labels a game the best ever without even putting any objective thoughts in the equation.  Blindly buying into hype...

Of course, what matters is what you think.  I wouldn't have played and have had a blast with WKC if I had only listened to what critics think of it.

Nope, im not those type of people that judge a game before it comes out I make PREDICTIONS.Demon Soul's is easily better than Gears of War so saying Gears of War is the best game of all time is going to far.I dont like comparing random games but since Dark Soul's isnt out im just saying from what I see.Since you said games that arnt out.Games like Demon Soul's actually provide for a challenge.Also, based on the reviews of the prequals of each game its pretty much obvious that there better than the Gears(Series) but, Gears is most likely one of those type of games that keeps you coming back for more.