By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - THQ on WiiU: ''much more powerful than the other HD consoles''

i am even more excited for the wii u, will get it on launch day .

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Am I the only one who finds strange that THQ is the co. that has praised WiiU the most?

its to hype out their game Darksiders II , EA did the same thing as well

With the limited information we have been given and the rumors about what components that are supposedly in the Wii U, I think it is fairly safe to assume that the Wii U probably has between 4 and 8 times the theoretical processing power of the current HD consoles. On top of that, it would not be surprising to find out that Nintendo is using heavily modified components that are more efficient and/or easier to develop for resulting in comparatively higher performance than you’d expect from hardware with similar theoretical performance.

While I have no doubts that Sony and Microsoft could easily surpass this performance range (especially if they launch a system a year or more later and a $100 or more expensive), with the added cost and diminishing returns of improving graphics in games, I’m not certain that the increased performance would be used enough or be meaningful enough to make someone choose these consoles over the Wii U.

To use an example from PC hardware, while there is no doubt that a Radeon HD 6870 is significantly more powerful than the Radeon HD 5770 the added cost and limited real-world benefit make it difficult to recommend to anyone to buy the higher end card.

1. it damn well better be more powerful then the ps360 - it's coming out 6 years later.
2. it's real competition will be the ps4 and nexbox so how will it compare there??
3. the world's "graphic whores" by-and-large aren't nintendo fans so i don't foresee any jumping ship.

I don't like relying on other people's opinions with stuff like this cuz it's way too subjective. We need some sort of proof or comparison

Meh

Around the Network
kitler53 said:

1. it damn well better be more powerful then the ps360 - it's coming out 6 years later.
2. it's real competition will be the ps4 and nexbox so how will it compare there??
3. the world's "graphic whores" by-and-large aren't nintendo fans so i don't foresee any jumping ship.

While this could be true today, don't forget that many of the Sony / M$ fanboys of today were the Nintendo / SEGA fanboys of yesteryear, when the "bit wars" were in their heyday and arguing about a system's polygon prowess was common schoolyard banter among the gaming nerds.

If the Wii U is truly the first leap into the "next generation" of consoles and not just some stop gap, you'll see alot of hardcore gamers picking up the Wii U just so they can brag about having the definitive looking console versions of the latest big titles.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Even on paper it's more powerful. There was still some doubt?

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I'm sorry but "THQ Employee" is the interviewee? Ooooo names have been withheld to protect the innocent. Very cloak and dagger stuff. Come on, that interview has no credibility as an objective source of information on anything.

What's been said about Wii U there might be all entirely true. But this interview has no credibility as an authoritative.

An anonymous person posting an alleged interview with another anonymous person who may or may not really be a THQ employee is about as believable as when certain people said it was a slam dunk that there were WMD in Iraq because Saddam had some aluminium tubes in his basement.

Link to an interview with someone who is actually a known name as the interviewer with a known name from a developer, then we can oooo and ahhh about the greatness of the Wii U.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

kitler53 said:

"Graphic whores" are like guys who love a girl for her looks and the moment they see a hotter girl they leave the old and go for the new.

"Graphic whores" are only loyal to graphics :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

NightDragon83 said:
kitler53 said:

While this could be true today, don't forget that many of the Sony / M$ fanboys of today were the Nintendo / SEGA fanboys of yesteryear, when the "bit wars" were in their heyday and arguing about a system's polygon prowess was common schoolyard banter among the gaming nerds.

If the Wii U is truly the first leap into the "next generation" of consoles and not just some stop gap, you'll see alot of hardcore gamers picking up the Wii U just so they can brag about having the definitive looking console versions of the latest big titles.

only if the wii U is actually launched prior to any announcement of a ps4 or nexbox.  remember like a year back when everyone cheered that the 3DS was "finally going hardcore" with some "amazing graphics".  yeah, that lasted what, a few months and then the vita was announced?  i think the phrase goes something like "old hat".

i dunno, there is too much we don't know yet but i don't have a good feeling about the wii U's future.  it won't be any kind of a virtual boy bomb or anything mind you, just poor when compared to the wii's success.