By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - THQ on WiiU: ''much more powerful than the other HD consoles''

PullusPardus said:
JEMC said:
Am I the only one who finds strange that THQ is the co. that has praised WiiU the most?

its to hype out their game Darksiders II , EA did the same thing as well

It's possible, but then it don't think it's a really good (or smart) way to hype your game.

Their message says something like "there will be 4 versions of our game: PC, WiiU, Xbox360 and PS3, but just buy the first two as the others won't be anywhere as good." Not a very smart idea given that their potential buyers will still be on those platforms.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

well, I hope it's not random that THQ and EA, even Crytek are excited about WiiU and its graphics performance

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

JEMC said:
PullusPardus said:
JEMC said:
Am I the only one who finds strange that THQ is the co. that has praised WiiU the most?

its to hype out their game Darksiders II , EA did the same thing as well

It's possible, but then it don't think it's a really good (or smart) way to hype your game.

Their message says something like "there will be 4 versions of our game: PC, WiiU, Xbox360 and PS3, but just buy the first two as the others won't be anywhere as good." Not a very smart idea given that their potential buyers will still be on those platforms.

really not smart, and Darksiders was a nice game

maybe they have pushed PC graphics more

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Joelcool7 said:
JEMC said:

I think this is because in all honesty THQ has seen a lot of success on Wii and DS. It would appear THQ is trying to be the UbiSoft of WiiU becoming Nintendo's big third party. THQ sees the profit in WiiU, also THQ said awhile back that the cost of developing on a true next generation console would be too much. So WiiU is just enough of an improvement without the drastic improvement THQ was afraid of. Don't forget also that WiiU could benefit a lot by being the cheapest platform to develop on again next generation.

To be perfectly honest I'm not sure Sony or Microsoft will increase graphic power drastically either. As THQ said software prices would need to rise and if Microsoft did so their hardware would be through the roof. Kinect alone will add a lot of costs to Nex-Box and if they were to also deliver a power house your looking at one of the most expensive hardware launches in recent history. Sony might increase power since it wouldn't cost them as much they don't have to worry about a WiiU controller or Kinect device. However Sony might choose to create a product with similar power to Nintendo so that they will turn more profit off of the hardware.

In the end I think Nintendo is determining how the next generation will play out. I think Microsoft and Sony are watching carefully and will adjust their products if they see it to their advantage. Obviously developers are not ready for a huge leap forward in graphics and consumers have shown that they are willing to buy a console with inferior graphics if their is quality content!

I really hope THQ is not trying to be like Ubisoft and treats us better (ie: less talk and more good games).

Regarding the successors of both the xbox360 and PS3; I agree that Microsoft will include Kinect (or an upgraded version) with their next console, but given that it can be bought for less than 100 € and that they aren't afraid of losing money the first years, it should not hinder them. And Sony will also include some form of motion controller as well (being the only ones without it would put them on a disadvantage), so move, navigator and camera or whatever substitutes them will come in the package.

Regarding the hardare of the nextbox and PS4 I agree that WiiU will determine how powerful they are as there is one thing we know for sure: the new consoles won't cost as mush as the PS360 at launch, which means that final specs and the price of WiiU will tell us what to expect. If WiiUs hardware is 4x the power of PS360 and launches at 350 €/$ (just an example), chances are that the nextbox and PS4 will launch for 400-450 €/$ and "only" be 2-3 time more powerfull than WiiU (about 8-12 the power of the HD consoles). Still a big leap not not as big as before.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Wii U still needs a "real" controller if the want ps360 players to jump ship.
they need one with and ergonomic design, dual-analogs, and click-able analog sticks.
they still dont have this.
i just cant see many genres, like FPS's being very practical with the giant tablet controller (which has those non clickable slider pads like psp and 3DS)

Around the Network

Obvious because it's released 6-7 years later? When the Wii U was announced there where many sceptics doubting the power of the console, calling it a Wii move, expecting the same power of the current HDready consoles. Next-gen will have the true HD consoles, 1080p-60fps; PS4, WiiU and Xbox1080. Maybe next-gen we can see the Pippin2 or the EA-IT?

JEMC said:

I really hope THQ is not trying to be like Ubisoft and treats us better (ie: less talk and more good games).

Regarding the successors of both the xbox360 and PS3; I agree that Microsoft will include Kinect (or an upgraded version) with their next console, but given that it can be bought for less than 100 € and that they aren't afraid of losing money the first years, it should not hinder them. And Sony will also include some form of motion controller as well (being the only ones without it would put them on a disadvantage), so move, navigator and camera or whatever substitutes them will come in the package.

Regarding the hardare of the nextbox and PS4 I agree that WiiU will determine how powerful they are as there is one thing we know for sure: the new consoles won't cost as mush as the PS360 at launch, which means that final specs and the price of WiiU will tell us what to expect. If WiiUs hardware is 4x the power of PS360 and launches at 350 €/$ (just an example), chances are that the nextbox and PS4 will launch for 400-450 €/$ and "only" be 2-3 time more powerfull than WiiU (about 8-12 the power of the HD consoles). Still a big leap not not as big as before.

Depending on how the Vita works for Sony they could aim for the same strategy, release later for the same price but higher specs. It'll be interesting to see how they will treat their motion and standard audiences.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

osamanobama said:
Wii U still needs a "real" controller if the want ps360 players to jump ship.
they need one with and ergonomic design, dual-analogs, and click-able analog sticks.
they still dont have this.
i just cant see many genres, like FPS's being very practical with the giant tablet controller (which has those non clickable slider pads like psp and 3DS)

If 3rd parties aren't incredibly stupid, they'll use the superior FPS setup that's already available for the Wii U without the tablet. Pointer sensitivity and all

But of course 3rd parties are incredibly stupid, so it's a moot point

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

If 3rd parties aren't incredibly stupid, they'll use the superior FPS setup that's already available for the Wii U without the tablet. Pointer sensitivity and all

But of course 3rd parties are incredibly stupid, so it's a moot point

Amen, hopefully they man up and actually try to take advantage of the system's features instead of doing barebones ports and then kicking and screaming when they're being called out on it.

Anyway, this is a good bit of news and it definitely gets me more interested in the console. Looks like 01.net isn't as reliable as some people like to think

I would expect the WiiU to certainly be more powerful than the PS3 and 360, but as the THQ employee said, its all potential at this point, we need to see the games running side by side to see if there is any noticeable difference

Who cares.....It will be weak when the Xbox3 and ps4 comes out! O_o