By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - THQ on WiiU: ''much more powerful than the other HD consoles''

Mr Khan said:
osamanobama said:
Wii U still needs a "real" controller if the want ps360 players to jump ship.
they need one with and ergonomic design, dual-analogs, and click-able analog sticks.
they still dont have this.
i just cant see many genres, like FPS's being very practical with the giant tablet controller (which has those non clickable slider pads like psp and 3DS)

If 3rd parties aren't incredibly stupid, they'll use the superior FPS setup that's already available for the Wii U without the tablet. Pointer sensitivity and all

But of course 3rd parties are incredibly stupid, so it's a moot point

well if you are talking about the wiimote and nunchuck.

well those still cant perfectly replicate most modern control schemes and functionality for FPS's.

for example, it still doesnt have a clickable stick.

also the d-pad is own the motion controller and not the nunchuck, making the button placement less than ideal. and also therefore making the other buttons hardly easily accessable. there are many buttons on the wiimote that either cant be reached are are hard to, while holding it verticly.

so no matter what, it seems that more ideal contoller input is on the ps3 and xbox. and obviously the ps3 has the move which is nearly the same and the wiimote but has clickable analog stick, and all buttons are easily accessible

Around the Network
osamanobama said:
Mr Khan said:
osamanobama said:
Wii U still needs a "real" controller if the want ps360 players to jump ship.
they need one with and ergonomic design, dual-analogs, and click-able analog sticks.
they still dont have this.
i just cant see many genres, like FPS's being very practical with the giant tablet controller (which has those non clickable slider pads like psp and 3DS)

If 3rd parties aren't incredibly stupid, they'll use the superior FPS setup that's already available for the Wii U without the tablet. Pointer sensitivity and all

But of course 3rd parties are incredibly stupid, so it's a moot point

well if you are talking about the wiimote and nunchuck.

well those still cant perfectly replicate most modern control schemes and functionality for FPS's.

for example, it still doesnt have a clickable stick.

also the d-pad is own the motion controller and not the nunchuck, making the button placement less than ideal. and also therefore making the other buttons hardly easily accessable. there are many buttons on the wiimote that either cant be reached are are hard to, while holding it verticly.

so no matter what, it seems that more ideal contoller input is on the ps3 and xbox. and obviously the ps3 has the move which is nearly the same and the wiimote but has clickable analog stick, and all buttons are easily accessible

I didn't even know there *were* clickable thumbsticks, anywhere, until people started complaining about them not being on the Wii U. Still only vaguely sure of how they work

And what does the d-pad being opposite from the analogue have to do with anything?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I can't even begin to imagine what the Mario Galaxy team could pull off on WiiU...

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Level1Death said:
So. Third parties still won't support WiiU no matter how powerful it is.

So.  You're an idiot?  Or have very poor use of sarcasm.

User has been moderated for this post - Kantor

Who?

TomaTito said:
JEMC said:

I really hope THQ is not trying to be like Ubisoft and treats us better (ie: less talk and more good games).

Regarding the successors of both the xbox360 and PS3; I agree that Microsoft will include Kinect (or an upgraded version) with their next console, but given that it can be bought for less than 100 € and that they aren't afraid of losing money the first years, it should not hinder them. And Sony will also include some form of motion controller as well (being the only ones without it would put them on a disadvantage), so move, navigator and camera or whatever substitutes them will come in the package.

Regarding the hardare of the nextbox and PS4 I agree that WiiU will determine how powerful they are as there is one thing we know for sure: the new consoles won't cost as mush as the PS360 at launch, which means that final specs and the price of WiiU will tell us what to expect. If WiiUs hardware is 4x the power of PS360 and launches at 350 €/$ (just an example), chances are that the nextbox and PS4 will launch for 400-450 €/$ and "only" be 2-3 time more powerfull than WiiU (about 8-12 the power of the HD consoles). Still a big leap not not as big as before.

Depending on how the Vita works for Sony they could aim for the same strategy, release later for the same price but higher specs. It'll be interesting to see how they will treat their motion and standard audiences.

Even if Vita works Sony can't launch much later than its competitors. Nintendo will launch WiiU between E3 2012 and November (Black Friday, pre-Xmas, etc.). Rumors say Microsoft will announce their new console at E3 2012, and last time they announced and launched their console the same year, so there is a chance that the nextbox will launch almost at the same time that WiiU.

Now, the thing is that both Nintendo and Microsoft are in a better position now than before, so if Sony gives them another year of advantage, it will be harder for them to recover, or even impossible.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
ninty_shareholder64 said:
Gamerace said:

It won't matter any. Look at the original Xbox. Sure it was a lot more powerful than the PS2 (so was GC) but except for MS exclusives how many games looked any better on Xbox? It got mostly straight ports. And why not? PS2 had 5x's the user base.

WiiU is in the same boat. PS3/360 have 100m between them while WiiU has 0 to start. Why make it's version prettier? What does a publisher have to gain?

1080p and a smooth framerate, combined with some better effects could easily be implemented.

And every next-gen console is in this boat, so videogameover or what?

PS3 and XB360 already get dumped down PC versions, deal with it.

Despite your name that screams fanboy, you're 100% correct. These concerns are a nonissue.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Cheebee said:
I can't even begin to imagine what the Mario Galaxy team could pull off on WiiU...

This! I don't think there's anything I'm looking forward to more than Mario HD. :D

Hmm

It better be more powerful than those consoles, since that's about the only thing it's gonna have going for it over them. I don't think a giant tablet controller is going to be a major selling point.

Cheebee said:

Oh yeah!  And Retro with a new Metroid Prime?  I can only imagine.

Not to mention Zelda, which will surely trump even the E3 demo.

dark_gh0st_b0y said:

for me, it important that the WiiU has nearly or the same if possible, power to Ps4/Xbox720

since Nintendo wants some hardcore and 3rd parties, too (like with the 3DS), it depends heavily on how the graphics of the WiiU compare to Sony's and MS's next home consoles, so that we don't havethe ''Ps3/Xbox360 games'' or ''Wii exclusives'' we are having this gen

Xbox360/Ps3 games made currently for WiiU are just for launch/start, It's common sense that they have to look better on WiiU, but it's future depends on how it holds up to it's competitors (which are not Xbox360 and Ps3)

this interview gives some hope, unlike the god knows if true, rumors about faulty WiiU hardware that developers couldn't work on

Nintendo always has the better 1st party games, but lacks online and graphics, hope WiiU is a step forward on online and graphics, and that the gap is smaller

I doubt the Wii U will have better graphics than the PS3.FACT:Killzone 3 is the best looking game on consoles ive never seen anything better then Killzone 3 on consoles.Plus if Nintendo or Microsoft wanted to have more disc space(Blu-Ray) they would have to pay Sony and I think Panasonic since they invented Blu-Ray.