By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - THQ on WiiU: ''much more powerful than the other HD consoles''

Ok if it's more powerful that than the PS3 and has a screen ot its controller, how much will the WII-U cost-400 Dollars?

Around the Network
germibobi said:

Ok if it's more powerful that than the PS3 and has a screen ot its controller, how much will the WII-U cost-400 Dollars?

who knows, and Nintendo probably wants to begin with an ok price, to prevent what happened with the 3DS

the point is that, most developers/3rd parties see the Wii as a Ps2 (graphically) and most 3rd party Wii games look like Ps2 titles, although Wii clearly has more power (SMG, Other M, RE: DC, MH3....)

now if developers can already see some noticable difference between WiiU and Ps3/Xbox360 graphics performace, it sounds really good

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Linkasf said:
Darc Requiem said:
x_DMX_x said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

for me, it important that the WiiU has nearly or the same if possible, power to Ps4/Xbox720

since Nintendo wants some hardcore and 3rd parties, too (like with the 3DS), it depends heavily on how the graphics of the WiiU compare to Sony's and MS's next home consoles, so that we don't havethe ''Ps3/Xbox360 games'' or ''Wii exclusives'' we are having this gen

Xbox360/Ps3 games made currently for WiiU are just for launch/start, It's common sense that they have to look better on WiiU, but it's future depends on how it holds up to it's competitors (which are not Xbox360 and Ps3)

this interview gives some hope, unlike the god knows if true, rumors about faulty WiiU hardware that developers couldn't work on

Nintendo always has the better 1st party games, but lacks online and graphics, hope WiiU is a step forward on online and graphics, and that the gap is smaller

I doubt the Wii U will have better graphics than the PS3.FACT:Killzone 3 is the best looking game on consoles ive never seen anything better then Killzone 3 on consoles.Plus if Nintendo or Microsoft wanted to have more disc space(Blu-Ray) they would have to pay Sony and I think Panasonic since they invented Blu-Ray.

You don't seem to have a grasp of the facts. The WiiU has a more powerful CPU, GPU, at least 3 times the RAM. I'm curious as to how you have come to such a conclusion.

He believes the Sony commercials.

LOL...or he gets his information from the guys at SDF. hehehehehehehe

On a serious note, why are people even questioning this?  The upcoming generation won't see a big diffrence in hardware capabilities between systems.  The Wii U has already been confirmed using IBM's POWER 7 architecture a beast in itself ( I thought they would go POWER6 or a suped up 5 which the 360 is based on).  In addition, the GPU is based on ATI's R770 chip which runs circles around both the PS3 and the 360.  I said it before, I love my 360 and think it provides the best hardware performance this generation.  I am not however blind to the fact that PS3 and 360 are aging consoles(aging beautifully but aging none the less) and that the Wii U is gonna be on a level on it's own; until MS and Sony releases their next generation consoles!!!

I don't think that Nintendo will make this cost more than 300$, if they have learned from the 3DS...i hope so.

ATI at the E3 as said that the WiiU was going to be 50% more powerful than PS3.

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

Araknie said:
I don't think that Nintendo will make this cost more than 300$, if they have learned from the 3DS...i hope so.

ATI never said that. An anonymous developer with the first WiiU-Kits said it was at least 50% more powerful than PS3, but the first WiiU-Kits were dramatically underpowered contrary to the current ones.

Around the Network
z101 said:
Araknie said:

ATI never said that. An anonymous developer with the first WiiU-Kits said it was at least 50% more powerful than PS3, but the first WiiU-Kits were dramatically underpowered contrary to the current ones.

LOL...yeah ATI never said anything like that lol...somebody be drinking SDF kool aide!!! (my opinion)

NightDragon83 said:

If the Wii U is truly the first leap into the "next generation" of consoles and not just some stop gap, you'll see alot of hardcore gamers picking up the Wii U just so they can brag about having the definitive looking console versions of the latest big titles.

DAMN STRAIGHT.

oni-link said:
z101 said:
Araknie said:

LOL...yeah ATI never said anything like that lol...somebody be drinking SDF kool aide!!! (my opinion)

Yeah, someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the "50% more powerful" thing was something that an analyst (Michael Pachter I think) claimed that some unnamed third party publisher told him. While you can assume that they analyst may be truthful, it is highly plausible that he was given false or inaccurate information (potentially second or third hand information channeled through non-technical people); and, even if the information is accurate, it is plausible that a non-technical analyst might misinterpret what he was told.

Hypothetically speaking, suppose someone told the analyst that they thought that the Wii U was somewhere around halfway between what the HD consoles are today and what they expected Sony and Microsoft to release as a system 12 to 24 months after the Wii U was released.  The person who made this claim may not be doing so based on what the final version of the Wii U hardware is, and they may not have any information about what Sony or Microsoft is releasing in the next generation, so the claim half-way between systems may not be accurate; and even then, the claim half-way between was misinterpreted to mean 50% more powerful by someone who doesn’t understand what he was told. Though a series of speculation, assumptions and misinterpretations like this a system could be substantially more powerful than existing hardware (and potentially as powerful as upcomming hardware) and you could still be told that it was only 50% more powerful.

No this thing will not sell for 300 bucks, i want what you guys are smoking, the damn tablet itself is gonna be an expensive SOB, and if we believe that it truly is going to be that much more powerful than PS3, then that adds even more expense. And this is freaking Ninty, they sell console at a profit. Im thinking 400 minimum, maybe even 5. The only way that it would be 300 is if they are selling at a loss or the system is not as powerful as some are saying. IMHO im expecting a modest update, like PS2 2 GC or even PS2 2 Xbox. I seriously doubt Ninty will do a Wii 2 PS360 in terms of power difference

oniyide said:
No this thing will not sell for 300 bucks, i want what you guys are smoking, the damn tablet itself is gonna be an expensive SOB, and if we believe that it truly is going to be that much more powerful than PS3, then that adds even more expense. And this is freaking Ninty, they sell console at a profit. Im thinking 400 minimum, maybe even 5. The only way that it would be 300 is if they are selling at a loss or the system is not as powerful as some are saying. IMHO im expecting a modest update, like PS2 2 GC or even PS2 2 Xbox. I seriously doubt Ninty will do a Wii 2 PS360 in terms of power difference

Being that cheap Chinese manufactured LCD ebook and media players with a similar size and resolution display were selling with a MSRP of (around) $100 last Christmas, and (at worst) you could say that the components it doesn't have that the Wii U controller would need would be roughly the same cost as the components these devices have that the Wii U controller doesn't need. With this in mind, why would the Wii U controller be prohibitively expensive when the Wii U launches some-time next year?

To be clear, I'm not trying to imply that the Wii U controller would be as cheap as a conventional controller, but I also don't see why it would be $50 more expensive to manufacture than the Wiimote and Nunchuck; and (therefore) why it would require the Wii U to sell for more than $300.