By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - THQ on WiiU: ''much more powerful than the other HD consoles''

spurgeonryan said:
Level1Death said:
So. Third parties still won't support WiiU no matter how powerful it is.

Lets hope that you are wrong! I would die if that were to happen again! AS long as people buy games, then they will.

3rd parties will support Ninty consoles like they have always done, now whether that is good support or as much as the others we will have to see

Around the Network
TripleMMM said:
I'm wondering if we'll ever get an F-Zero game on that beast and if it does, it'll be light-years (and I mean distance) off the bloody hook compared to the GC version! :D

Seriously, if this starts off at $400, it'll kill me!

you want the cutting edge technology, but you dont want to pay the price??

Monteblanco said:
I don't expect much difference between the ps3/360 and Wii U versions, except for the tablet support and better frame rates. The later will be implemented only because it will not cost anything to the developer. Still, considering TV sets are bounded to 1080p and 60 fps and textures are limited to the size of the memory, I think the Wii U will hold its ground nicely against the next consoles by Sony and Microsoft. Just look at the best looking PC games of the moment. The Witcher 2 and Battlefield 3 looks much better at the PC but not fundamentally different from their console counterparts

I agree, but I still want to believe that the difference Ps3/Xbox360 to WiiU wil be more noticable than Ps2 to Wii

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

oni-link said:
archbrix said:
HappySqurriel said:

Being that cheap Chinese manufactured LCD ebook and media players with a similar size and resolution display were selling with a MSRP of (around) $100 last Christmas, and (at worst) you could say that the components it doesn't have that the Wii U controller would need would be roughly the same cost as the components these devices have that the Wii U controller doesn't need. With this in mind, why would the Wii U controller be prohibitively expensive when the Wii U launches some-time next year?

To be clear, I'm not trying to imply that the Wii U controller would be as cheap as a conventional controller, but I also don't see why it would be $50 more expensive to manufacture than the Wiimote and Nunchuck; and (therefore) why it would require the Wii U to sell for more than $300.

I completely agree.

By the time Wii U launches, the PS3 will be able to sell at $199 without a loss.  Wii U may have an elaborate controller, but it's not a blu-ray player.

Even if it's sold at a minor loss (very minor, if at all), I can't imagine they'd price it at more than $300, particularly after the 3DS price debacle.

1.  3DS says hello!!! (though with ~$100 to manufacture it may not be losing money)
2.  POWER7 CPU and ATI R770 GPU says otherwise; so mosdef this is gonna be a beast!!!  THQ even went so far as saying it'll be like Blu-Ray vs DVD.

1.  Uh, I'm aware of 3DS... which is the very reason I cited it as an example of why Nintendo has learned (hopefully) not to price their systems too high.

2.  POWER7 and R770 don't say otherwise; where did I say the Wii U wasn't going to perform great?  The point you're missing is that they were smart with choosing components that will offer optimal performance without necessarily having an exceedingly high price tag come 2012.  

oniyide said:
TripleMMM said:
I'm wondering if we'll ever get an F-Zero game on that beast and if it does, it'll be light-years (and I mean distance) off the bloody hook compared to the GC version! :D

How about a cheap technology that can mimic cutting edge? lol

seriously, I meant that work will have to consume me (mind and body) to get that dough, 'cause the currency here at the carribean use, it's almost double the amount of the dollar and I won't be suprised that store clerks here would add a wopping $50 to $80 on the price tag just to get the winnings.

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Around the Network
TripleMMM said:
oniyide said:
TripleMMM said:

How about a cheap technology that can mimic cutting edge? lol

seriously, I meant that work will have to consume me (mind and body) to get that dough, 'cause the currency here at the carribean use, it's almost double the amount of the dollar and I won't be suprised that store clerks here would add a wopping $50 to $80 on the price tag just to get the winnings.

being of born of carribean parents myself, i know what its like down there. Sucks to be you, for your sake i hope it isnt 400, but everything in my being is telling me it will cost that much

padib said:
disolitude said:
Wouldn't it be in major trouble if it wasn't much more powerful?

Doomed if ya do, doomed if ya don't. erm I mean damned. Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't.

@issue. Whatever, it's the games that matter, and if more power = funner game, then all the power to ya. But I know for a fact that not all games require fancy AI and fancy graphics and what have you. I just finished Shadow of the Colossus last weekend and to be honest with you if they gave me more games like it I would have no problem at all. Some people just can't help begging for MOAR!*#@

But whatevs if some content can benefit from improved system performance then it's a good thing I guess. I'm not gonna die without it though.

um, SoC does have fancy graphics and some pretty good ai

spurgeonryan said:
oniyide said:
spurgeonryan said:
Level1Death said:

Lets hope that you are wrong! I would die if that were to happen again! AS long as people buy games, then they will.

3rd parties will support Ninty consoles like they have always done, now whether that is good support or as much as the others we will have to see

Well I am hoping it is as much as the others . Maybe Nintendo could give third parties a little more room for profit, or find another way to promote games like they did for teh 64 with the vhs videos that they would give a way if you called customer support.

It shouldn't be the new normal that the manufacturers have to coddle third parties. They've been spoiled by Sony and Microsoft, and thus can't compete in an environment where they aren't given a leg up

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
spurgeonryan said:
oniyide said:
spurgeonryan said:
Level1Death said:

Well I am hoping it is as much as the others . Maybe Nintendo could give third parties a little more room for profit, or find another way to promote games like they did for teh 64 with the vhs videos that they would give a way if you called customer support.

It shouldn't be the new normal that the manufacturers have to coddle third parties. They've been spoiled by Sony and Microsoft, and thus can't compete in an environment where they aren't given a leg up

but it is the new normal, nothing we can do about it now, and Ninty is learning and adapting to this.  Moneyhatting is just the way it is and if your not doing it too some extent, you wont get as good support and the company that is, thats just buisness

oniyide said:
Mr Khan said:
spurgeonryan said:

but it is the new normal, nothing we can do about it now, and Ninty is learning and adapting to this.  Moneyhatting is just the way it is and if your not doing it too some extent, you wont get as good support and the company that is, thats just buisness

There's a difference between moneyhatting to lock in exclusivity and having to provide all sorts of charity just to get them to publish on your platform at all. The former is a strategic business move, the latter is just creating a generation of whiny developers that bitch about not getting free advertising or having "only x amount of space to work in," and hasn't really benefitted anyone

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.