By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - September 2011.... Final Fantasy Versus XIII just now hitting Full Production...

Well..thats great i guess ;__;

Around the Network

They should rename it FFXV, it would bring in more sales and hold up the tradition of 3 numbered FFs per gen.

Well that's good to know, I loved the most recent trailer, I'm not too impressed by the atmosphere or the gameplay, but it still looks like an excellent game.

I agree with non-gravity, they should rename the game to FFXV, there are too many games linked to the "XIII" series, the games are barely related, Versus sounds a little silly and renaming the game should pull in more sales.

Bristow9091 said:
Does anyone else think they should rename this game? I mean, they did it with Agito to Type 0, and Final Fantasy Versus XIII sounds a bit dumb, lol... oh well, I just hope they hurry up with it now so I can play it, although it'll never meet fan expectations...

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=85411360

Square Enix recently renewed the trademark for Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

Around the Network

finally some good news about this game.

Wow, this should mean that there's at least not much more than two years to wait anymore!

More realistically speaking though, if the project is as far as it seems to be, I doubt it's going to take that long. I suppose we might even see at least one release next year.

VXIII said:
PullusPardus said:
honestly, why do people care about it anymore? the gameplay seems meh anyways, lots of action and shooting, its kinda like an open world Dirge Of Cerberus only that one didn't take million years to make, and was actually based on good backstory , this one is based on .... FFXIII's

That's so much fail in one post xD

I's an actionRPG with only few elements of shooting ( only one character can handle guns ), Nomura stated that the gameplay is the realistic version of Kingdom Heatrs series along with keeping it final Fantasy in the core. It's not an open world game , It's story-driven but with huge maps and areas to explore during a day-night cycle. Versus has a back story of its own and has NOTHING to do with XIII except the myth, it's going to focus on Etro the goddess of death that opens the gate to welcome the spirts of the dead, both protagonists of Versus been into a near-death experience and saw the light but they were brought back to life,but they can still see the light .

Yeah but is that even worth waiting all that time? , i mean there are millions of action rpgs released already that are great, i just don't see how an old unfinished game can be better , if it keeps getting stalled.

Not to mention INNOVATIVE action rpgs.... like Demon's Souls

the romance in this game is worth playing the game.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

PullusPardus said:
VXIII said:
PullusPardus said:
honestly, why do people care about it anymore? the gameplay seems meh anyways, lots of action and shooting, its kinda like an open world Dirge Of Cerberus only that one didn't take million years to make, and was actually based on good backstory , this one is based on .... FFXIII's

That's so much fail in one post xD

I's an actionRPG with only few elements of shooting ( only one character can handle guns ), Nomura stated that the gameplay is the realistic version of Kingdom Heatrs series along with keeping it final Fantasy in the core. It's not an open world game , It's story-driven but with huge maps and areas to explore during a day-night cycle. Versus has a back story of its own and has NOTHING to do with XIII except the myth, it's going to focus on Etro the goddess of death that opens the gate to welcome the spirts of the dead, both protagonists of Versus been into a near-death experience and saw the light but they were brought back to life,but they can still see the light .

Yeah but is that even worth waiting all that time? , i mean there are millions of action rpgs released already that are great, i just don't see how an old unfinished game can be better , if it keeps getting stalled.

None of which is on the same scale as Final Fantasy franchise. Also, Nomura is behind it, most if not all of his games are so loved and critically acclaimed( the world ends with you, Kingdom Hearts ) and Versus is his passion project not just another project. But yeah, it's been a long time, Crystal Tools (XIII engine) wasn't anywhere near being ready when they announced Versus, I have no idea why they announced it so soon, terrible management I guess .