By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - John Lucas Style Super Smash Bros. Brawl Predictions!

Final-Fan said:
Sri Lumpa said:
Third, "never" is a long time, and I would ask you if you expect Brawl to sell 30k a week in 10 or 20 years but I see you didn't precise a time frame for the 30k sales so as long as it sells more than 30k then that prediction is fulfilled as barring all buyers save 29,999 returning the game you will always have 30k worldwide sales. It is not a very John Lucas like prediction though.

Let's just interpret it as "never drop below 30k until it hits 20 million". [edit: Is that pretty close to what you meant, Xeo_842?]

What I ment was It will never drop below 30k WW until the next generation.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Xeo_842 said:
RolStoppable said:
Xeo_842 said:
RolStoppable said:
Xeo_842 said:
You all laugh now but I will be the one with the last laugh!

Exactly. Just like with your last crazy prediction that the next Brawl update would be something awesome or you would change your avatar.

Wow I didn't think anyone remembered that. You're just angry cause Sonic>Kim Possible.

Even though pretty much every Kim Possible videogame is crap, the number of bad Sonic games is still at least 4 times as high. Plus Kim Possible is a way better cartoon than any animated Sonic series.
Sonic X and the older Sonic shows are so much better than kim possible's show. Also sonic is known in a lot more places than that girl who can suposedly do anything and Sonic is more popular. Face it, Sonic owns all!

I won't buy Brawl, even though Sonic made me want the game more than ever before. But if Kim would be in the game, I would buy Brawl on its launch day. 

Btw, when did you change your signature? You were supposed to be the only hardcore Sega and Sonic fan on this site. Who else is one?

PDF pmed me that he too was a fan. So I'm not the only one.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

You expect smash to outsell kart?... well as i have yet to see how amazing either are i will give your prediction the benefit for now, but when MK:DD can = SSB:M in sales on a relatively hardcore system, I would put my money on Kart being the victor on Wii.

Otherwise i see nothing wrong with your lifetime number, it is are a tad high but i think possible, I think 20 million is an optimistic maximum for Brawl.

Twenty million for SSBB? LOLOLOLOL HAHAHAHAHA HEHEHEHE:)

I could see 20 million for brawl if the Wii continues its track and surpasses PS2 in lifetime sales, it would actually be very plausible, as this game will stand up to the test of time, has some of the best online features of any online game on a console and is the best on Wii, I would say at the very least 1 million on launch week, the hype behind it is as strong as Halo 3 was, and its NOT generated by ads and trailers its generated by one little site and by the people themselves, and then working at Game Stop I see people coming in all the time reserving it, my friend has it reserved and doesn't even own a Wii so yeah it could be a spectacular launch and one monster of a game.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
Legend11 said:

Didn't you once predict 15 million for Halo 3?

TWRoO said:
Legend11 said:

That was mrstickball i believe, regardless who it was, it doesn't matter because 20 min seems reasonable while 15 min for halo does not.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

and in 3 weeks ww 3,5 million

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

OT but sam fisher to go head to head with snake, seeing as some levels you play with 2 characters, we just need him to be confirmed.
Just imagine a co-op stealth game,

Neos said:
TWRoO said:
Legend11 said:

That was mrstickball i believe, regardless who it was, it doesn't matter because 20 min seems reasonable while 15 min for halo does not.

Yes I found that thread.... Legend predicted 12 million, which I believe is massively optimistic but possible.... 20mil for SSBB is also very optimistic but possible too.