By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - John Lucas Style Super Smash Bros. Brawl Predictions!

bigjon said:
well so far you are 1 for 3... I am almost sure you will be correct in US(maybe even on launch day) think you are a bit high for Others... look at Melee's numbers. Others was the only territory it failed to sell 1 million. BUT I do beleive your total will be correct because Japan and NA will make up for a lower others.
The reason SSBM failed to sell 1 million in Others is because Others was the Gamecube's worst region. Now the Wii is the leading platform, take that into account

Around the Network

I am thinking 500k max for others... titles typically do not have huge opening there.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
well so far you are 1 for 3... I am almost sure you will be correct in US(maybe even on launch day) think you are a bit high for Others... look at Melee's numbers. Others was the only territory it failed to sell 1 million. BUT I do beleive your total will be correct because Japan and NA will make up for a lower others.

Like Joeron said Others was the gamecubes weakest region. Now Japan is the Wii's weakest region but Brawl was still able to sell a ton there. So imagine how much it will sell there.

I am really Xeo_842 but I can no longer log in under that name.

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from VGChartz for the loser. 

First Week Sales:
NA: 1.5 millions
Japan: 700k
Others: 900k

I'm hoping America can show Japan up with 1.4 million personally

Edit your signature or you will be banned. Aww :(

Around the Network
dtekdahl00 said:
I'm hoping America can show Japan up with 1.4 million personally

IMO its not a matter of if they can sell that many but if they can ship that many.  I might be overyhyped for the game and off base but thats how I see it right...time shall tell.

To Each Man, Responsibility
highwaystar101 said:
OT but sam fisher to go head to head with snake, seeing as some levels you play with 2 characters, we just need him to be confirmed.
Just imagine a co-op stealth game,

12m is not that hard, its at 7.2m now. GOW sold 1m in NA in its first full year and Halo is selling a lot better in Jan than GoW did. 1.5m+ looks like what it will get this year + 500k in others for over 9m at end of 2008 3m in 3 years before next gen is not that hard, realistically.

Those are some crazy predictions but lets hope they ring true. I think SSBB will sell 2 million in japan alone before it launches in america and will sell 13-16 million ww. Crazy predictions are fun.

well it seems your predictions have a shot of being true after the huge japan launch

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Yeah! My Japan prediction was correct. It did 850k in Japan first week! Who's laughing now?

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.