By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - John Lucas Style Super Smash Bros. Brawl Predictions!

RolStoppable said:
Xeo_842 said:
RolStoppable said:
Xeo_842 said:
You all laugh now but I will be the one with the last laugh!

Exactly. Just like with your last crazy prediction that the next Brawl update would be something awesome or you would change your avatar.

Wow I didn't think anyone remembered that. You're just angry cause Sonic>Kim Possible.

Even though pretty much every Kim Possible videogame is crap, the number of bad Sonic games is still at least 4 times as high. Plus Kim Possible is a way better cartoon than any animated Sonic series.
Sonic X and the older Sonic shows are so much better than kim possible's show. Also sonic is known in a lot more places than that girl who can suposedly do anything and Sonic is more popular. Face it, Sonic owns all!

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

Around the Network

I actually like Kim Possibe, however Avatar is the best cartoon by far.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Ok, first you seem to mix best with sells the most and while Smash has a shot at the latter it will be a tall order for it to be better (taking average opinions as some people will like fighters better and thus prefer it) than SMG.

Second, good job trying to take John's job, as your predictions are indeed rather nutty (20 millions worldwide is more than any GTA or GT game and more than twice as much as any previous smash game).

Third, "never" is a long time, and I would ask you if you expect Brawl to sell 30k a week in 10 or 20 years but I see you didn't precise a time frame for the 30k sales so as long as it sells more than 30k then that prediction is fulfilled as barring all buyers save 29,999 returning the game you will always have 30k worldwide sales. It is not a very John Lucas like prediction though.

EDIT: 100th post: watch out Soriku I am coming after you.  j/k 

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

Xeo_842 said:

I've come up with a few John Lucas style Super Smash Bros. Brawl Predictions.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl will probably be the Wii's best game ever! It has massive hype and it's the game quite a few Wii owners bought or will buy a Wii. That site, Smash Bros. Dojo, has been hyping the game every day for a long time. Also I'm sure almost every Wii owner knows about this game. This game will sell a ton out of the gate and have massive legs that will last forever! Right before the game releases I bet Nintendo will have ads everywhere and hype this game even more as if this game didn't have enough hype already. People will also be talking about it a lot and word will spread fast. This game will not only apeal to the core gamers but also the casual gamers and non-gamers alike. I will even put the predictions in my signature. Well, on with the predictions.

Predictions!

1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl will launch with a total of 2.5 million worldwide. In North America, it will launch with 1.2 million. In Japan, it will launch with 600k. In Others, it will launch with 700k. That's quite a lot isn't it. It will also have mega long legs that will last th entire generation. The sales of this game will never drop below 30k worldwide!

2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl will outsell the original Super Smash Bros. worldwide by August 2008. It will also outsell Super Smash Bros. Melee by December 31, 2008. That's right! I expect Brawl to outsell both it predecessors in one year. Crazy? Yes! Possible? Maybe!

3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl's lifetime sales will be.....20 million+! It will become the Wii's 4th best selling game behind Wii Sports, Wii Fit, and Wii play. I would say number one, but those three games will probably never stop selling aswell. #3 is possible though.

And there you have it. Feel free to discuss.

A special thanks to John Lucas for inspiration! Keep doin what your doin!

I like it, Xeo_842!

Very seeable. And I believe it. The fact that you lock yourself into specified figures and dates makes it very "JL style".

It will explode Wii's Wi-Fi play situation on the Wii. That has only warmed up so far with Strikers & the others. So that fact alone with push it into the 20 million you called. People may not believe Xeo_842 but he called a VERY good lifetime number for SSBB.

Wow. These ARE very JL style. I almost wanna defend the claims against the doubters as if it is was coming from me! I would say that the fact that its highly competitive online play nature with the vast improvements of a classic franchise will keep this thing monstrous on the charts. The more play it, the more WANT to play it so that they can play with the ones who play it. Yeah I got lost in that sentence too.

Thank YOU Xeo_842 for keeping my views in such high regard. I will keep on doin' make no doubt about it. You keep up the good work too.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

hahaha Yes Smash Bros Crazy Prediction

Mines Like this

sig
vvv

Around the Network

Smash will sell like this first week:

1.2 million US
350 K Japan
400 K Others

And will have tremendous legs

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Sri Lumpa said:
Third, "never" is a long time, and I would ask you if you expect Brawl to sell 30k a week in 10 or 20 years but I see you didn't precise a time frame for the 30k sales so as long as it sells more than 30k then that prediction is fulfilled as barring all buyers save 29,999 returning the game you will always have 30k worldwide sales. It is not a very John Lucas like prediction though.

Let's just interpret it as "never drop below 30k until it hits 20 million". [edit: Is that pretty close to what you meant, Xeo_842?]

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I don't think all Wii owners know about Brawl, in fact I'm 100% sure many don't since they never had a GC or N64 and don't pay attention to what's coming out, only what's currently available when they want a new game.

I also doubt it'll appeal to everyone. Seniors for example will not like the game.

Wii games also don't generally have the huge 1st day sales, but if any do this will be it, but I think your launch numbers may be too high.

As for legs, absolutely, as long as Wii is out on the market, SSBB will sell strongly. It'll likely never leave the top 50 and may be a regular in the top 20 for years. Without question it'll outsell it's previous versions and hitting 20 million is definately possible.

Nintendo does not advertise as much as the other ppl, why would they spend money advetising a game everyone is already gonna buy?

"Like you know"

johnlucas said:
Xeo_842 said:

I've come up with a few John Lucas style Super Smash Bros. Brawl Predictions.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl will probably be the Wii's best game ever! It has massive hype and it's the game quite a few Wii owners bought or will buy a Wii. That site, Smash Bros. Dojo, has been hyping the game every day for a long time. Also I'm sure almost every Wii owner knows about this game. This game will sell a ton out of the gate and have massive legs that will last forever! Right before the game releases I bet Nintendo will have ads everywhere and hype this game even more as if this game didn't have enough hype already. People will also be talking about it a lot and word will spread fast. This game will not only apeal to the core gamers but also the casual gamers and non-gamers alike. I will even put the predictions in my signature. Well, on with the predictions.

Predictions!

1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl will launch with a total of 2.5 million worldwide. In North America, it will launch with 1.2 million. In Japan, it will launch with 600k. In Others, it will launch with 700k. That's quite a lot isn't it. It will also have mega long legs that will last th entire generation. The sales of this game will never drop below 30k worldwide!

2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl will outsell the original Super Smash Bros. worldwide by August 2008. It will also outsell Super Smash Bros. Melee by December 31, 2008. That's right! I expect Brawl to outsell both it predecessors in one year. Crazy? Yes! Possible? Maybe!

3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl's lifetime sales will be.....20 million+! It will become the Wii's 4th best selling game behind Wii Sports, Wii Fit, and Wii play. I would say number one, but those three games will probably never stop selling aswell. #3 is possible though.

And there you have it. Feel free to discuss.

A special thanks to John Lucas for inspiration! Keep doin what your doin!

I like it, Xeo_842!

Very seeable. And I believe it. The fact that you lock yourself into specified figures and dates makes it very "JL style".

It will explode Wii's Wi-Fi play situation on the Wii. That has only warmed up so far with Strikers & the others. So that fact alone with push it into the 20 million you called. People may not believe Xeo_842 but he called a VERY good lifetime number for SSBB.

Wow. These ARE very JL style. I almost wanna defend the claims against the doubters as if it is was coming from me! I would say that the fact that its highly competitive online play nature with the vast improvements of a classic franchise will keep this thing monstrous on the charts. The more play it, the more WANT to play it so that they can play with the ones who play it. Yeah I got lost in that sentence too.

Thank YOU Xeo_842 for keeping my views in such high regard. I will keep on doin' make no doubt about it. You keep up the good work too.

John Lucas 

Thanks John!  Wow I completely forgot about how big an impact online will have. SSBB won't have too much online competition and the online features in this game are the best out of all online Wii games, and to think theres some stuff we still don't about the online. Also, the inclusion of third part characters will also help this game sell a ton. Just look at Mario & Sonic for example. People doubted it would break 4 million but now it looks like it will fly past it! Not to mention all the flaws of Melee have been covered. That 20 million is now even more possible!

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.