By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Deus Ex: So how are you playing it?

Tagged games:

salaminizer said:
vlad321 said:
Kasz216 said:
vlad321 said:

Anythign that has door strength means it can be blonw up. If you have high melee weapon damage and chose that augment for more melee damage, you can use a melee weapon to break things down with really high strength, and even security cameras.

I also agree that hacking is better now, however I think a lockpick would have also made sense on a lot of things. The hubs in DE1 were also fairly well populated with places to explore, especially the Hong Kong one. In HR I crossed the exact same hub like 3 or 4 times, and gone to places that I had gone through several times already but their lcoks were just disabled up until that point, or something. It's jsut smaller, and again, just fewer options than before.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, I just don't feel it's as awesome. Also, it is a nice touch to use names from DE1 in HR, but it really gives some of the story away in HR. I can probably safely lay down $100 on who the "Main" baddy is in HR towards the end of detroit (assuming this trend for DE1 people to show up in mails and stuff continues).

I meant in the knew one... I knew you could break doors in Dues EX, though I focues on Rifles and Multitools....

so my door opener was often Mr. Rocket Launcher.

Oh I was talking about the old one. In this one you can only break some walls if you look closely and there's a crack in them, or some other things like that. Quite restricting.

Another thing is that I'm getting closer to the end and I have just about any worthwhile augmentation. I sneak, hack, murder, run siletly, jump high, run fast, etc. etc. Sure I still die in 3-5 shots, but it's stupid easy at this point. There should have been a choice system like in the last one.

you can break doors. when you target one it says how strong it is (hard, fragile, firm, etc). there's also a "health" bar for it, I tried gunning a hard one down and after ~10 pistol bullets I literally blew the whole door. I don't know if every doors is like this though, maybe just wooden doors?

I jsut realized why I never bothered to look at whether a locked door could be broken. The tooltip with the health and stuff doesn't show up until after you have hacked it, so I think I just gave up after I wasted 2 and a half clips of pistol ammo on a "hard" door.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network

SO on the second playthrough I'm just going in guns hot. The game goes by MUCH faster this way. Also holy hell, I didn't notice it before, but making ammo take up actual inventory space is friken dumb, and to top it all off grenades don't stack (but mines do?) They take up so much space (after augment) that I don't even bother exploring anymore since I am constantly full of that stuff.

Also, bosses are mad easy. Throw a stun grenade, and if you have the recoil augment and a laser sight you can kill the first boss in 1 clip of a rifle before he even comes out of the stun.

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
Munkeh111 said:
vlad321 said:

There is plenty of ammo. I have played up to and including the first compound area, and I never had problems just walking in and shooting everyone in any place. I still had to be careful not to anger entire compounds, but it works out just fine. That's on "Give me Deus Ex" btw, with my reticule turned off (it actually fucks with exploration more than with gun fighting, believe it or not). Also, ME2 was worse than ME1, part of it being what you just said, so you just gave the developers a really good reason NOT to cater to scrubs (which it sounds like you should let your pride fall to the level of your abilities, instead of bitching about the game for insulting it) and dumb down and ruin the game.

Well I haven't yet found rifle ammo, so yeah, I just stick to opening fire on smaller groups and I can't imagine it on hard, it is nearly giving me a heart attack on medium cause I get so tense when ever doing anything remotely stealthy

The thing is, I don't really think that Deus Ex's gameplay is quite right for me, but the story does interest me. So in Dragon Age when I felt this way too (okay, that was probably because I was playing a PC game on console) I changed it down to easy, but I have only died in combat once so far. The only issue with diffuclty is the stres that it is causing me, not the actual difficulty

I was fine in ME 1 in terms of diffculty because I stuck to what I was good at, shooting people. ME 2 was better in terms of gameplay, I am convinced of that even if some other areas were lacking, but that is off topic

I don't think you are looking hard enough then. I ended the first mission with around 90 rifle ammo, 50 10mm, and 30 machine pistol. I had to start leaving ammo behind because I couldn't fit it all. By the way, turning off the reticule is an option, not a difficulty thing.

Well that is my problem, I basically run through because I am so scared of guards, in the first level I managed to totally miss the hostages, which I feel really guilty about

you can shoot down every door that it's not a transition door (eg. between districts). I don't know if they let it slip or it was intentional, but if the door is locked/is hackeable you'll only know the strength after you unlock it. when a door is put down it'll warn nearby characters, so you've gotta be careful. it's like crates, when you move your reticle over it to interact, it will show how hard it is to break it...

and yes, common ammo in the inventory is ridiculous, and also the stacking is also dumb. I understand they MIGHT want to limit grenades, but I could just cheat myself with mines if that's what they want

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

I try to play all steath but then someone see's me and I kill everyone in the room

And I don't like the ccontrol layout R3 to ironsight!? WTF! this isn't the 90's

Around the Network

lots of exploration, pacifist and essentially stealth (which is good if you consider that the AI is not the biggest strenght of the game)

actually, my stealth is so great that steam itself does not seem to notice when I'm playing I've put 10-12 hours in the game so far but steam only counted 3 mere hours

salaminizer said:

you can shoot down every door that it's not a transition door (eg. between districts). I don't know if they let it slip or it was intentional, but if the door is locked/is hackeable you'll only know the strength after you unlock it. when a door is put down it'll warn nearby characters, so you've gotta be careful. it's like crates, when you move your reticle over it to interact, it will show how hard it is to break it...

and yes, common ammo in the inventory is ridiculous, and also the stacking is also dumb. I understand they MIGHT want to limit grenades, but I could just cheat myself with mines if that's what they want

I'm fairly sure it's a bug that the strength isn't shown unless it's unlocked/hacked. It's another dumb mistake they made if it's supposed to work that way. I also got around the grenade thing by maing mines of out stuff. Not as useful, but you save 1 spot per stack. I keep having to leave behind so much ammo for the guns I use because of these damn restrictions. I mean, I have enough ammo, but it's annoying that I go through 1 weapon's ammo supply every 3 fights and I can''t use that one for the next 6 until I stock it up again.

The game does go by SUPER fast on a 2nd play through when just shooting at people.

-Newcloud- said:
I try to play all steath but then someone see's me and I kill everyone in the room

Same here!  Was trying to go stealth from scratch but first thing I know I'm in a FPS without ammo lol...  Now that I'm use to the controls, stealth it is, for real.

first time my aggressive play don't work in a game and am very bad in stealth. that's make the game difficult for me.

DareDareCaro said:
-Newcloud- said:

Same here!  Was trying to go stealth from scratch but first thing I know I'm in a FPS without ammo lol...  Now that I'm use to the controls, stealth it is, for real.

Ya sometimes im so determined to do it in stealth I kill myself only to keep failing lol