By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Deus Ex: So how are you playing it?

Tagged games:

wfz said:
I don't have this game, and I wasn't really planning on getting it, but if the stealth action turns out to be really good, I might consider it. I've always been a fan of MGS and Splinter Cell.

If you like MGS and Splinter Cell, Deus Ex should be right up your alley. The stealth is mostly cover based, although there is a cloaking augment you can get. Plus you get stealthy takedowns and silent weapons. Fun!

"But I don't want to go among mad people!" said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat. "We're all mad here."

Follow me on Twitter! @stefaniefogel

Around the Network

Just got home not too long ago, so I'm waiting for it to install. Will do stealth killer for the first playthrough, and most likely stealth hacker next playthrough.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Fun game, not as good as the first. I'm a little past where the preview ended.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Have there been any comparisons on whether the game runs better on the PS3/360? I don't want it for PC. Load times also do not matter. I am just curious about frame rate/pop in and the such.

Wagram said:
Have there been any comparisons on whether the game runs better on the PS3/360? I don't want it for PC. Load times also do not matter. I am just curious about frame rate/pop in and the such.

The only comparisons I have seen have been load times.... (with 360 winning when it is installed to the console)

They say all the normal stuff about the game being built for all of them and not a port. As a PS360 owner, I have got it for Xbox, but not for any actual reason... I just felt like it

Around the Network
Wagram said:

The Xbox version looks a lot darker compared to PS3. This is, as usual, a matter of preference, and in this case I REALLY prefer Xbox. The lighting feels just perfect on Xbox while on PS3 it's a ittle off. I'm not sure if it can be fixed by messing around with the settings on your TV, but if I had both consoles, I would get 360 version, no question.

Of course it doesn't really matter for me since I intend to play on PC :D

Come join our video game music rumble! Everybody is welcome!

http://forums.ffshrine.org/f63/official-video-game-music-rumble-66118/

We vote on our favorite music from various categories we have created. Currently doing: "Best PS2 Soundtracks". More to come!

well i am playing a stealth/hacker, and i am thinking of quitting my constant quick save, quick load system of if i get spotted i quick load and try again because its taking all the risk out. I might start doing that and live with my consequences and see if i enjoy the game even more

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

I have only just started and it has been a case of trying to be stealthy, but failing...

I think some of the challenge was reduced due to Special Edition DLC and pre-order bonuses giving me a silenced sniper (though with only 10 bullets) and a sawn off shotgun, so ammo is not quite as much of an issue, but I don't exactly have much

I'm going smooth hacker myself, though just go for the kills when faced with enemies.

in the first mission I went mostly with stealth, but there was one section that I didn't have patience to go silently and just killed everyone lol

I'll try to go with stealth most of the times, but I don't think I'll improve much my hacking.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!