By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Deus Ex: So how are you playing it?

Tagged games:

Munkeh111 said:
vlad321 said:
Munkeh111 said:
vlad321 said:

There is plenty of ammo. I have played up to and including the first compound area, and I never had problems just walking in and shooting everyone in any place. I still had to be careful not to anger entire compounds, but it works out just fine. That's on "Give me Deus Ex" btw, with my reticule turned off (it actually fucks with exploration more than with gun fighting, believe it or not). Also, ME2 was worse than ME1, part of it being what you just said, so you just gave the developers a really good reason NOT to cater to scrubs (which it sounds like you should let your pride fall to the level of your abilities, instead of bitching about the game for insulting it) and dumb down and ruin the game.

Well I haven't yet found rifle ammo, so yeah, I just stick to opening fire on smaller groups and I can't imagine it on hard, it is nearly giving me a heart attack on medium cause I get so tense when ever doing anything remotely stealthy

The thing is, I don't really think that Deus Ex's gameplay is quite right for me, but the story does interest me. So in Dragon Age when I felt this way too (okay, that was probably because I was playing a PC game on console) I changed it down to easy, but I have only died in combat once so far. The only issue with diffuclty is the stres that it is causing me, not the actual difficulty

I was fine in ME 1 in terms of diffculty because I stuck to what I was good at, shooting people. ME 2 was better in terms of gameplay, I am convinced of that even if some other areas were lacking, but that is off topic

I don't think you are looking hard enough then. I ended the first mission with around 90 rifle ammo, 50 10mm, and 30 machine pistol. I had to start leaving ammo behind because I couldn't fit it all. By the way, turning off the reticule is an option, not a difficulty thing.

Well that is my problem, I basically run through because I am so scared of guards, in the first level I managed to totally miss the hostages, which I feel really guilty about

lol my brother did too, he's pissed.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
adriane23 said:
Munkeh111 said:
vlad321 said:
Munkeh111 said:
vlad321 said:

There is plenty of ammo. I have played up to and including the first compound area, and I never had problems just walking in and shooting everyone in any place. I still had to be careful not to anger entire compounds, but it works out just fine. That's on "Give me Deus Ex" btw, with my reticule turned off (it actually fucks with exploration more than with gun fighting, believe it or not). Also, ME2 was worse than ME1, part of it being what you just said, so you just gave the developers a really good reason NOT to cater to scrubs (which it sounds like you should let your pride fall to the level of your abilities, instead of bitching about the game for insulting it) and dumb down and ruin the game.

Well I haven't yet found rifle ammo, so yeah, I just stick to opening fire on smaller groups and I can't imagine it on hard, it is nearly giving me a heart attack on medium cause I get so tense when ever doing anything remotely stealthy

The thing is, I don't really think that Deus Ex's gameplay is quite right for me, but the story does interest me. So in Dragon Age when I felt this way too (okay, that was probably because I was playing a PC game on console) I changed it down to easy, but I have only died in combat once so far. The only issue with diffuclty is the stres that it is causing me, not the actual difficulty

I was fine in ME 1 in terms of diffculty because I stuck to what I was good at, shooting people. ME 2 was better in terms of gameplay, I am convinced of that even if some other areas were lacking, but that is off topic

I don't think you are looking hard enough then. I ended the first mission with around 90 rifle ammo, 50 10mm, and 30 machine pistol. I had to start leaving ammo behind because I couldn't fit it all. By the way, turning off the reticule is an option, not a difficulty thing.

Well that is my problem, I basically run through because I am so scared of guards, in the first level I managed to totally miss the hostages, which I feel really guilty about

I did my best sneaking by everyone too, and also missed the hostages. I decided to reload just before zeke anders and back track all the way to the beginning, taking out every guard one by one with tranqualizer darts or knocking them out. If you search hard enough you find exactly enough tranq darts (assuming you never miss) and energy boosts to get the job done.

Much better xp that way and way more interesting to take your time hacking all the terminals and reading the emails and communications between the bad guys. Then I upped my hacking to lvl 4 and hacked all the doors and terminals in the office. Took me almost 4 hours before I set my first foot outside in Detroit.

I choose stealth gameplay although I had to kill everyone cuz I didn't have any augmentations yet. Before I got my augmentations fixed I went straight to the women's restroom (you are not a woman Adam o_0). I was running late becuz I had to speak with everyone. Since it's the first level I went for a stungun. After putting some guards to sleep, I ended up in a room that is impossible to sneak by. So I did a little backtracking killed one guard and got myself a pistol. Somehow I didn't equip my stungun. 3 alarmed guards are still in this room. 7 stun ammo, 2 machinepistol ammo, and 10mm 4 rounds left. I also forgot to grab weapons of sleeping guards at the start.

I'll be looking for backdoors if I can't find any I'll blast the front door. I'm playing on hard with all help functions off and a little slower aiming. I'll balance my augmentations, I'll add whatever I feel like. Social skills will be maxed and I already know I'll need a cloak.

I'm moving very slow I'm still in the first level for like 2 hours. o_0 Every time the guards notice me I run back to a loading room. Then I have to wait a while so they think I'm gone.

Edit: Hostages probably won't survive. I don't even now where they are but I'm not gonna bother.

SvennoJ said:
adriane23 said:
Munkeh111 said:
vlad321 said:
Munkeh111 said:
vlad321 said:

I did my best sneaking by everyone too, and also missed the hostages. I decided to reload just before zeke anders and back track all the way to the beginning, taking out every guard one by one with tranqualizer darts or knocking them out. If you search hard enough you find exactly enough tranq darts (assuming you never miss) and energy boosts to get the job done.

Much better xp that way and way more interesting to take your time hacking all the terminals and reading the emails and communications between the bad guys. Then I upped my hacking to lvl 4 and hacked all the doors and terminals in the office. Took me almost 4 hours before I set my first foot outside in Detroit.

I am doing that in some areas now I am half way through the game, but I still just kind of run through, especially as I have a fully upgraded cloak, and also use robot hacking if I can find the terminals

Just completed my first playthrough last night which was mainly as I said I would; stealthy assassin trying to take out as many people as possible whilst exploring every nook and cranny. Took me just under 30 hrs playing this way but utterly rewarding. If I enter one way, I'll look for an alternative exit to make sure I get the traveller XP.

Awesome game overall. Not as good as the original, but what is?! lol. Boss fights were dissappointing as they seemed pointless and started off insanely hard only to get easier as the game went on due to the augs. The bosses in general weren't built up that well. In the original I actually knew why and personally wanted to take out Anna Navarre, Gunther Herman and Walton Simons. Didn't have any of that here. Also, the ending was a little disappointing in the way the final choice was handled. Would have preffered a seperate objective for each choice.

Everything else though was done to perfection, storyline kept me intrigued and the gameplay was spot on. Really felt like a true Deus Ex game.

Around the Network

Oh, and I'm annoyed there was no reference to orange soda vs lemon lime!

I'm playing currently total stealth using only silent takedowns, stun guns, and tranquilizer darts so I can get the achievement for makeing it through the entire game without killing someone.

I gotta say its brutal hard playing like that but very rewarding.

Scoobes said:

There was. Its stock had just fallen 37%. At least the triflavor orange,lime, lemon sod. At leastthat's what I gathered.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
Scoobes said:

There was. Its stock had just fallen 37%. At least the triflavor orange,lime, lemon sod. At leastthat's what I gathered.

I missed this on my first playthrough.

I'm gonna keep replaying the game until I find this bit of info. Replay value ftw!

Scoobes said:
vlad321 said:
Scoobes said:

I missed this on my first playthrough.

I'm gonna keep replaying the game until I find this bit of info. Replay value ftw!

I haven't the slightest idea where I heard that, but it's something that came to mind the moment you brought it up.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835