By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Greatest Video Game Systems Elimination Thread - The Results

Michael-5 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Michael-5 said:

I said PS2 should have been #1, but only because SNES was eliminated. Go to IGN or other websites and see their results for best console and SNES or PS2 usually win (on IGN it's SNES).

Since you gave your top 10, I'll give my top 5 (after 5 It's too close to call)

1. SNES
2. PS2
3. PS360 (who are you kidding, 90% of the games are the same, the last 10% are a matter of preference, but both are excellent)
4. GBA
5. DS (but both handhelds are about equal)

well if yall must insist heres my top 5

1. N64

2. PS2

3. PS3

4. NES

5. Sega saturn

Sega Saturn, really? N64 was an awesome system, I spent more time playing that game multiplayer then any other console, even my 360 and PS3 combined. Why didn't SNES make your list?

the only games i ever play'd on the snes and the sega saturn where fighting and racing games.

hey i changed my mind the sega genises is number 5. i had way more fun on that system. to comment more on the snes i just got tierd of playing mario games or better put the usual suspects.

really though i loved every system i've gamed on so far. NES is there cause it was the first. the top 4 ps1 and the genises are the ones i gamed on the most.

Around the Network

Looking through the lists, it was mostly Company X fanboy vs Company Y fanboy. Also, judging by how PS3 won, probably mostly people 17 years old and younger with a lot of extra time on their hands. The PS3 has marked a considerable decline for Sony, it is Sony's least interesting console to date.

Anyway, my top 10

PSX
DS
SNES
Wii
NES
PS2
Megadrive
Gameboy
N64
Mastersystem

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

My top 10

1. PS1
2. Dreamcast
3. PS2
4. PS3
5. Gamecube
6. Sega Mega Drive
7. SNES
8. Sega Saturn
9. Wii
10. XBOX 360

Here's my list-

1. PS3 ( Uncharted, Infamous, R&C, MGS4)
2. PS1 (Final Fantasy VIII & Civilization 2 FTW!!!)
3. Mega Drive/Genesis (Sonic, Streets of Rage, Bubsy)
4. PS2 (God of war & DMC series)
5. PSP (Multitude of RPGs)
6. Sega Master System (Asterix and Alex the kid)
7. NES (Battle Toads, Double dragon, Super Mario Brothers)
8. SNES (Killer Instinct, Donkey kong country)
9. 360 (Halo 3, Kinnect Sports)
10. Wii (Wii Sports)

Was a tough decision but the PS3 was my favourite by virtue of the sheer amount of games and franchises I have greatly enjoyed although my favourite game is still FF VIII.

1. PS3
2. 360 (don't like it because I am admittedly a PS fanboy, but I do respect it, and if I weren't a fanboy I would definitely own one.)
3. PS2
4. Gameboy Colour
5. SNES
6. Dreamcast
7. PS1
8. PSP
9. Mega Drive (Genesis)
10. N64

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Michael-5 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

1. N64

2. PS2

3. PS3

4. NES

5. Sega saturn

Sega Saturn, really? N64 was an awesome system, I spent more time playing that game multiplayer then any other console, even my 360 and PS3 combined. Why didn't SNES make your list?

the only games i ever play'd on the snes and the sega saturn where fighting and racing games.

hey i changed my mind the sega genises is number 5. i had way more fun on that system. to comment more on the snes i just got tierd of playing mario games or better put the usual suspects.

really though i loved every system i've gamed on so far. NES is there cause it was the first. the top 4 ps1 and the genises are the ones i gamed on the most.

Well if you only played SNES for Mario, Zelda and the usual you missed out. I love the SNES for some really awesome JRPG's. Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, FFVI, Earthbound etc. Plus a lot of Nintendo's best were on the SNES. Super Mario Kart, DKC, Super Metroid, F-Zero, etc.

Genesis to me didn't have much that was unique. I really loved Ranger X, and Sonic was good too, but what else was there?

My most gamed are SNES, N64, and GBA.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Michael-5 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

1. N64

2. PS2

3. PS3

4. NES

5. Sega saturn

Well if you only played SNES for Mario, Zelda and the usual you missed out. I love the SNES for some really awesome JRPG's. Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, FFVI, Earthbound etc. Plus a lot of Nintendo's best were on the SNES. Super Mario Kart, DKC, Super Metroid, F-Zero, etc.

Genesis to me didn't have much that was unique. I really loved Ranger X, and Sonic was good too, but what else was there?

i admitedly missed more then i know. i missed alot of games from the NES to PS2. i was late to the party and literaly new nothing more then wht i had seen.

i never really had that many games. the main games i new about had mario, all the fighting games, and sonic on them at that time. so i'm limited but wht i play'd was well worth it.

now i know more and expect more. back then i new nothing and expected little.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Michael-5 said:

i admitedly missed more then i know. i missed alot of games from the NES to PS2. i was late to the party and literaly new nothing more then wht i had seen.

i never really had that many games. the main games i new about had mario, all the fighting games, and sonic on them at that time. so i'm limited but wht i play'd was well worth it.

You should go back and play some games. I beat Chrono trigger only 5 years ago or so and it's my favorite game of all time. Don't let graphics boarder your choices for games. I mean I'm playing FFVI for the first time now and I'm loving it.

I missed a lot of games too, but there is no reason not to go back now, especially since most great games get remakes on handhelds now (If You haven't played Ocarina of Time, do it NOW!).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Michael-5 said:

You should go back and play some games. I beat Chrono trigger only 5 years ago or so and it's my favorite game of all time. Don't let graphics boarder your choices for games. I mean I'm playing FFVI for the first time now and I'm loving it.

I missed a lot of games too, but there is no reason not to go back now, especially since most great games get remakes on handhelds now (If You haven't played Ocarina of Time, do it NOW!).

i will as soon as i can

Michael-5 said:

If you're playing on an emulator, you need to give Terranigma a shot. I know it never released in NA, but this game deserves more recognition - it's imo up there with  FFVI, Chrono Trigger, SoM, Lufia II, etc. in the club of awesome SNES-JRPGs.