By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Greatest Video Game Systems Elimination Thread - The Results

I was on my phone when I posted the last one so I didn't know what the score was until I got home and turn on my computer. :)

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

Around the Network

Aparantly, according to the users on this site the Turbografx was a better console than the 360. Sure says something about the merit of threads like this.

Hahahahahahaha
lolololololololol

Epic man, just epic. Ps3 was going to be eliminated at one point I thought it actually lost lmao.

Thanks to everyone who played. Remember that it's an elimination thread made for fun, not a poll, in which case the results would have been very, very different. Personally I'm at least happy with all of the systems that made it to the top 10.

Someone said, objectively speaking, the PS2 should have taken first, but one could argue that that honor should go to the DS, or the Odyssey or 2600 for being the first, or the NES for single-handedly revitalizing the home video game market. There are a lot of factors involved when speaking to what is truly the greatest game system so in the end, voting for your favorites (the ones you had the most fun with) will at least always hold merit with you.

My personal top 10:

1. NES
2. SNES
3. DS
4. Gamecube
5. Sega Genesis
6. Game Boy Advance/SP/Micro
7. Playstation 3
8. Nintendo 64
9. Wii
10. Tie: Xbox 360/Playstation/Playstation 2

PS3 won? *facepalm*

I guess I won't complain, but I expected a classic console to win.

Around the Network
archbrix said:

Thanks to everyone who played. Remember that it's an elimination thread made for fun, not a poll, in which case the results would have been very, very different. Personally I'm at least happy with all of the systems that made it to the top 10.

Someone said, objectively speaking, the PS2 should have taken first, but one could argue that that honor should go to the DS, or the Odyssey or 2600 for being the first, or the NES for single-handedly revitalizing the home video game market. There are a lot of factors involved when speaking to what is truly the greatest game system so in the end, voting for your favorites (the ones you had the most fun with) will at least always hold merit with you.

My personal top 10:

1. NES
2. SNES
3. DS
4. Gamecube
5. Sega Genesis
7. Playstation 3
8. Nintendo 64
9. Wii

I said PS2 should have been #1, but only because SNES was eliminated. Go to IGN or other websites and see their results for best console and SNES or PS2 usually win (on IGN it's SNES).

Since you gave your top 10, I'll give my top 5 (after 5 It's too close to call)

1. SNES
2. PS2
3. PS360 (who are you kidding, 90% of the games are the same, the last 10% are a matter of preference, but both are excellent)
4. GBA
5. DS (but both handhelds are about equal)

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Lol what a fluke. What a horrible horrible ending to such a awesome well made thread.

still happy with the end result. there are few surprises but the top 10 i agree with

Michael-5 said:
archbrix said:

My personal top 10:

1. NES
2. SNES
3. DS
4. Gamecube
5. Sega Genesis
7. Playstation 3
8. Nintendo 64
9. Wii

I said PS2 should have been #1, but only because SNES was eliminated. Go to IGN or other websites and see their results for best console and SNES or PS2 usually win (on IGN it's SNES).

1. SNES
2. PS2
3. PS360 (who are you kidding, 90% of the games are the same, the last 10% are a matter of preference, but both are excellent)
4. GBA

well if yall must insist heres my top 5

1. N64

2. PS2

3. PS3

4. NES

5. Sega saturn

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Michael-5 said:

1. SNES
2. PS2
4. GBA

well if yall must insist heres my top 5

1. N64

2. PS2

3. PS3

4. NES

5. Sega saturn

Sega Saturn, really? N64 was an awesome system, I spent more time playing that game multiplayer then any other console, even my 360 and PS3 combined. Why didn't SNES make your list?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results