By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - America's up 20th August.

CGI-Quality said:
Seece said:
CGI-Quality said:
Seece said:
CGI-Quality said:
D-Joe said:

just 4 days(why,the hell peoples say it's 2 days?),will boost more next week i guess

The price dropped on Aug 17th. So not 2 or 4 days, but 3.

OT: Seems the PS3 boosted mdoerately considering the few days it had in the data. Next week should see it higher with an increase in sales throught holidays (albeit, not as big as it will be in EMEAA).

If it dropped on 17th then it's 17th + 18th + 19th + 20th ...

3 full days of sales. I can't imagine the increase on Day 1 was anything substantial (especially at retail).

It's still a day 0_o you can't discount it just to make the situation look better. It was announced on the 16th, so it had a full day on the 17th ...

Whenever there's a price cut, the first day hardly ever has any huge increase. It's always been that way with any device. Yes it counts, but not substantially.

As I said, next week should have a better reflection of what happened.

Fair enough, that's your opinion, it's not opinion that it had 4 full days however.

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:
Am i the only one disappointed in El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron? Even though it was never gonna sale much, but i mean less than 10k on xbox and 14k on ps3 ? Come on?!?!

Hopefully Europe will see better sales figures :( il be doing my part and buying it day 1. This is exactly why the industry is going in the direction that its going. If its not a "triple A" game people generally dont buy it unless its dirt cheap. At the end of the day we gonna have 10 COD's and no more El Shaddai's.

Sorry but El Shaddai is a mediocre game.

Nintendogamer said:
pezus said:
Lol, Americas, 29th December 1899??

Least we know how well they sold 112 years ago.

The funny thing is Nintendo actually existed back then as well. XD

CGI-Quality said:
I wonder how the inFAMOUS 2 bundles are doing. That too may not be fully understood for a week or two.

Haven't seen them in shops in my area yet.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

GameStop is the biggest retailer nationally for PS3 HW, Walmart is biggest retailer in the USA overall for hardware.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network
TheSource said:

GameStop is the biggest retailer nationally for PS3 HW, Walmart is biggest retailer in the USA overall for hardware.

Yeah I figured it had to be WallMart as number 1 for hardware.

What I wonder is if overall Gamestop is second or third ( Best Buy must be doing decent for hardware, especially as they probably picked up most of what used to be sold at Circuit City, now that that chain is gone). Best Buy sucks however for software and I predict their market share is going for drop even more for software now that they got into the used games business ( new title selection is going down the drain since they started to do used games, thank god i can order online with in store pick up).

Right now I buy at Best Buy because the reward zone program ( with silver, gamer's club and mastercard reward zone they are the cheapest most of the time on new titles) but if I had to pick my prefered retailer for video games it would have to be Amazon as they are by far the most competiitve on old new games( games that are new but have been out for a while) and they don't suffer from sucky inventory like others retailers...

As for Gamestop well I can't stand them trying to shove used games on customers all the time so they aren't getting a penny from me..( and I fit more with the best Buy crowd than with the gamestop teenager crowd lol ;))

If the PS4 comes with terrabyte HDD and all major titles release on PSN at same time as retail I am going full digital though...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Rafux said:
Shinobi-san said:
Am i the only one disappointed in El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron? Even though it was never gonna sale much, but i mean less than 10k on xbox and 14k on ps3 ? Come on?!?!

Hopefully Europe will see better sales figures :( il be doing my part and buying it day 1. This is exactly why the industry is going in the direction that its going. If its not a "triple A" game people generally dont buy it unless its dirt cheap. At the end of the day we gonna have 10 COD's and no more El Shaddai's.

Sorry but El Shaddai is a mediocre game.

>.<

Edit: Firstly its your opinion if a game is mediocre or not.

Secondly I dont see why u felt it was necessary to say that? I didn't say it wasnt mediocre...in fact i implied that it was mediocre (whether it really is or isnt i dont know havnt played it), your viewpoint just further supports my argument. Why cant a mediocre game sell? I also said "It was never gonna sell much" but a combined Americas sales of 24k +- is quite low even for a "mediocre" game. 

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

PS3 is down YoY on Pricecut Week?

That's what you get for cutting with no substantial SW/Advertising, Sony!

nice boost for 3DS. sound like news of the price cut got out last week. 40% sale increase for PS3 with only a few days of a price cut is decent. I'm guessing like others that it will be up even more next week. Im guessing this week WW numbers for PS3 will be around 185,000 or a bit more. Next week Im guessing Americas will rise to around 75,000 (about x360 numbers if not a bit more.), and WW im guessing will be closer to around 200,000. All speculation.

PS3 will likely stay around same or slightly ahead of X360 in Americas IMO for a few weeks, but after Gears I don't think PS3 will get past X360 in sales for Americas for the rest of the year. I still think X360 needs a price cut soon to keep dominance in Amercias, and stay competative in EMEAA. IMO it would be their best move sometime soon.