By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - America's up 20th August.

CGI-Quality said:
I wonder how the inFAMOUS 2 bundles are doing. That too may not be fully understood for a week or two.

I imagine it'll perform similar to the Black Ops PS3 bundle. I remember on Amazon the buncle wasn't even in the Top 100 until a few weeks after release. I"m guessing people don't know about the Infamous 2 bundle since they're still buying the 320gig at $299.

Around the Network

Nice numbers all around.

And for comparison's sake.

Wii ( full week sales during price-cut week) sold 65K
Wii's 2nd post price-cut week sales was 95K
PS3 ( 3-4 days sales during price cut week) sold 64K

Why hasnt Mortal Kombat not been adjusted yet. Netherealm and WB Games have already released a press release saying its now "sold" not "shipped" close to 3 million copies. Its not even nearing 2 million on VGCHARTS.

realsubzero said:
Why hasnt Mortal Kombat not been adjusted yet. Netherealm and WB Games have already released a press release saying its now "sold" not "shipped" close to 3 million copies. Its not even nearing 2 million on VGCHARTS.

I guess "sold" to WB Games means "shipped" like every other company.

CGI-Quality said:
I wonder how the inFAMOUS 2 bundles are doing. That too may not be fully understood for a week or two.

Sony shipped my main store 2 Infamous bundles, neither of which has sold.  District wide the average is about 2-3 bundles per store and there aren't currently any of the 21 stores in the district sold out of the bundle.  In other words we should for sure see a slight boost to Infamous numbers but nothing too big.  Most people who have jumped on the price cut deal want a $50 cheaper console not to pay $299 still just to get a game many people know nothing about.

The price cut will help and like I said it should be up over the next couple weeks over where it was YTD in terms of NA sales but Gears 3 will pretty much counteract that on release and should help put 360 comfortably ahead in NA for the rest of the year along with the strong multi-plats and Kinect.

Like the bet I made with another poster on this site, the Xbox brand is simply more powerful than Playstation in NA now.

Around the Network

good 3ds numbers

40% seems reasonable to me for the ps3 and to leatherhat/seece i think you can get a ps3 160gb for £189 in uk now as regular price

Above & Beyond

about what i expected. i think ps3 will be about even with xbox next week.

Gotta be a bit depressing for sony though....they sold 40 million ps2s in america...dunno how they lost touch of the American consumer this genertaion

Seece said:
CGI-Quality said:
Seece said:
CGI-Quality said:
Seece said:
CGI-Quality said:
D-Joe said:

just 4 days(why,the hell peoples say it's 2 days?),will boost more next week i guess

The price dropped on Aug 17th. So not 2 or 4 days, but 3.

OT: Seems the PS3 boosted mdoerately considering the few days it had in the data. Next week should see it higher with an increase in sales throught holidays (albeit, not as big as it will be in EMEAA).

If it dropped on 17th then it's 17th + 18th + 19th + 20th ...

3 full days of sales. I can't imagine the increase on Day 1 was anything substantial (especially at retail).

It's still a day 0_o you can't discount it just to make the situation look better. It was announced on the 16th, so it had a full day on the 17th ...

Whenever there's a price cut, the first day hardly ever has any huge increase. It's always been that way with any device. Yes it counts, but not substantially.

As I said, next week should have a better reflection of what happened.

Fair enough, that's your opinion, it's not opinion that it had 4 full days however.

Couldn't have said it better myself seece.....4 days is 4 days. 

lol @ cgi trying to spin this already. 

PizzaFaceGamer said:
about what i expected. i think ps3 will be about even with xbox next week.

Gotta be a bit depressing for sony though....they sold 40 million ps2s in america...dunno how they lost touch of the American consumer this genertaion

Because Microsoft launched a whole year before them.  Gave them a huge advantage.

I predicted PS3's jump right, but damn 3DS! What the hell? I'm happy and all, but wow. Hope they announce a Fire Emblem as TGS.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results