By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - America's up 20th August.

Lostplanet22 said:
arcane_chaos said:
ethomaz said:
There are some things weird...

PS3 hardware: +40%
PS3 software: +2%

How can these 40% PS3 owners buying nothing?

well I bought a 160gb PS3 just to upgrade from my 60gb PS3...so that could be a factor if others are doing the same thing

OT: for just 4 days of sales recorded,(of the PS3 price cut) I think the PS3 did great.

good stuff from the 3DS as well!!!

Why didn't got just a new harddrive like 1 TB?

too lazy, and I think my PS3 is starting to show it's age, the fans are getting louder these days...

Around the Network

Software should start to pick up next week.
From there on there's pretty much a new decent title released every week.( Deus Ex, Disgeae 4, Madden, Warhammer space marine,...)
It seems a lot of publishers are trying to jump start the holydays early and stay away from the crowded November month.( Uncharted, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed, CoD MW3)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Now 3DS numbers are looking more accurate.

And as for the PS3 price cut its not going to elevate hardware all that much in NA honestly and we have for sure seen a rise but nothing comparable percentage wise to what 3DS accomplished with its price drop and Vgchartz numbers reflect pretty damn close to what I said in another thread on here from what we've seen. I reported we saw a roughly 33% rise as a retailer and Vgchartz is reporting 40% nation wide.

Again my predictions and observation prove to be accurate

BenVTrigger said:

And as for the PS3 price cut its not going to elevate hardware all that much in NA honestly and we have for sure seen a rise but nothing comparable percentage wise to what 3DS accomplished with its price drop and Vgchartz numbers reflect pretty damn close to what I said in another thread on here from what we've seen. I reported we saw a roughly 33% rise as a retailer and Vgchartz is reporting 40% nation wide.

Next week is full week price cut for PS3 (like 3DS in this week)... so I expect more boost.

ethomaz said:
BenVTrigger said:

Next week is full week price cut for PS3 (like 3DS in this week)... so I expect more boost.

Doubtful.  Our sales as the number 1 retailer in the country don't reflect that at all.  If anything it should stabalize right around the 40-45% margin for a couple weeks till Gears 3 release.

And to people wondering about the lack of a big software boost its 2 things.

1.  People upgrading consoles from the old fat models to newer better Slims

2.  People buying pre-owned.  Many who buy a new console buy pre-owned games with it to keep the overall cost as low as possible.

Around the Network

Wow pretty bad for the PS3 even with a price cut it didn't even outsell the Xbox 360. I honestly thought MS needed to cut the price for the Xbox 360 seeing how sony did. But seeing the numbers I really don't think they should I expected the ps3 to outsell the Xbox 360 by at least 20,000 units in NA with the price cut. Maybe next week we will see more accurate numbers. It's crazy to see how Sony dropped the ball this gen.

It's only been a few days with the price cut. Next week should be a lot higher since its a full week of price cut.

Ail said:
Software should start to pick up next week.
From there on there's pretty much a new decent title released every week.( Deus Ex, Disgeae 4, Madden, Warhammer space marine,...)
It seems a lot of publishers are trying to jump start the holydays early and stay away from the crowded November month.( Uncharted, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed, CoD MW3)

Yes, I think we hit the bottom last week, now things will get better.

However, there is no logical reson that a hardware price cut ,at this point of the generetion cicle, would push to much software. The same thing happened last year with 360S and this year with Wii. There are to many secondhand-games out there. So, PS3 games will sell more only if they are heavily advertised.

Seece said:
Dunno about America but I saw a big bus advert with PS3 at £199, maybe they only started advertising this weekend?

I thought they only cut it to 249? Or did they go further in the UK?

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
Seece said:
Dunno about America but I saw a big bus advert with PS3 at £199, maybe they only started advertising this weekend?

I thought they only cut it to 249? Or did they go further in the UK?

Erm ... $ isn't quite on par with the £ yet

It was £250, got dropped to $199, so £50 price cut which is 20% (It's also something like $300+ converted)