By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - In Your Opinion, What is the Better Book Series? LOTR, Potter, or Twilight?

What is the better book series in your opinion of these?

The Lord of the Rings 120 68.57%

Harry Potter 49 28.00%

Twilight 6 3.43%

Total:175
pezus said:
Xen said:
non-gravity said:
I suppose Harry Potter could have been better had it been written as one book like LOTR. With books 6 and 7 some of the contents of 1-5 seems a bit random. That's not to say they're not great though.

I'm wondering though if Harry Potter would be as it is, had the Lord of the Rings (and the Hobbit) not been written.

4 and 5 are easily the best potter books, IMO.

With 6 and 7, it went all srs and just ended up pompous, boring, and far worse than 4 and 5.

My favorite is the 6th, but yeah...the 7th was disappointing.

It has merit. Some scenes are very well done, so well done that you kinda make a series of scenes in your imagination while you read it. Overall though, I didn't really dig it.

Around the Network

Looks like LOTR is killing.

Im not really surprised, but thought Potter would have gotten more votes due to the fan base on this site.

LOTR >> Harry Potter >>> [...] >>> Twilight

The Lord of the Rings by far.
And by far I mean very, very far.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Xen said:
non-gravity said:
I suppose Harry Potter could have been better had it been written as one book like LOTR. With books 6 and 7 some of the contents of 1-5 seems a bit random. That's not to say they're not great though.

I'm wondering though if Harry Potter would be as it is, had the Lord of the Rings (and the Hobbit) not been written.

With 6 and 7, it went all srs and just ended up pompous, boring, and far worse than 4 and 5.

4 and 5 are easily the worst in my opinion. Her attempts at writing her characters growing up were laughably bad. I found six and seven pretty enjoyable as long as I ignored the gaping plot holes (almost all of which were caused by her clearly having made shit up as she went along).

I think three is the strongest book.

Around the Network

Harry Potter. I just can't get into TLOTR.

Rath said:
Xen said:
non-gravity said:

4 and 5 are easily the worst in my opinion. Her attempts at writing her characters growing up were laughably bad. I found six and seven pretty enjoyable as long as I ignored the gaping plot holes (almost all of which were caused by her clearly having made shit up as she went along).

I think three is the strongest book.

Hahaha, interestingly enough, I consider 3 easily the worst of the worst.

LOTR. Read it twice (before the movies were announced when I was a kid, and in between the movies) and liked it.

I tried to read Harry Potter once to see what all the fuzz was about... just a regular story for kids for me, I had to stop after 100 pages. I didn't see the appeal.

I don't even know what Twilight is.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Books:
Harry Potter is the best series. LOTR didn't really captivate me the same way and Twilight is sometimes entertaining, but nothing more than average writing.

Movies:
LOTR is the best series for being cohesive and impressive all around. Harry Potter has ups and downs. Twilight is forgettable (only watched the first one).

For books I have read The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring and I really enjoyed them, but I'd have to give a slight advantage to Harry Potter with reading 1-3.

For Movies, definitely Lord of the Rings. I can't wait for the new Hobbit series too.