By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - In Your Opinion, What is the Better Book Series? LOTR, Potter, or Twilight?

What is the better book series in your opinion of these?

The Lord of the Rings 120 68.57%

Harry Potter 49 28.00%

Twilight 6 3.43%

Total:175

I've read The Hobbit, and LOTR I & II. HP never really caught my attention, watched the movies just for the sake of knowing what was all about, and even with low expectations they managed to disappoint me. I won't even start with Twilight.

So, as of the books, can't tell. Movies, LOTR is the best imo.

Around the Network

Twilight was trash, LOTR was incredibly boring, I barely made it through the first book.
Harry Potter is one of the greatest book series ever,
it destroys both.

Lord of the Rings but I havent read the others yet

LOTR>>>>Harry Potter>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Twilight

Simply put in terms of litterary work and quality of writing LOTR is far beyond the other two. Im still a pretty huge Harry Potter fan though cause its got some great story lines and characters.

Twilight is just pure and absolute shit that was written for girls to sit and dream about hunky "vampires" who aren't even vampires. I mean they can sit there and walk around in the sunlight and really the only thing remotley vampire at all about them is they bite people. Easily one of the worst "Big" series of books / films of all time.

BenVTrigger said:

Twilight is just pure and absolute shit that was written for girls to sit and dream about hunky "vampires" who aren't even vampires. I mean they can sit there and walk around in the sunlight and really the only thing remotley vampire at all about them is they bite people. Easily one of the worst "Big" series of books / films of all time.

So they're cannibals then?

Around the Network
badgenome said:
How dare you even make this comparison? One is an all-time classic that has inspired generations the world over, and the other two are some bullshit about wizards.

I see what you did there......

OT: Harry Potter is a more fun read, but LOTR has the best story and lore development in my opinion. LOTR gets boring at times though. They both have their merits and it's hard to choose between the two, so I gotta go with Twilight.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Harry Potter.

When I was younger, I read (and thoroughly enjoyed) The Hobbit. When I started reading the trilogy, however, I simply could not get myself to be interested in it.

The imagination behind Harry Potter is just so wonderful that I can't get over how much I enjoy it.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

The LOTR books are by far the best.

So I got back home and voted again for Twilight... lucky for me there is another Twilight fan... >_>

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Which would you rather eat ?
- shit
- real food...

Seriously stop comparing things that are not comparable.
LOTR is miles ahead of the other two...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !