By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - In Your Opinion, What is the Better Book Series? LOTR, Potter, or Twilight?

What is the better book series in your opinion of these?

The Lord of the Rings 120 68.57%

Harry Potter 49 28.00%

Twilight 6 3.43%

Total:175

LOTR, the books and movies are 2.5 million light years better than harry potter and twilight.

Around the Network

lord of the ring? you mean that movie about walking?naw fuck that harry potters better.

I voted Harry Potter but only because Twilight is terrible and the Tolkien books get way more credit than they deserve.

I'm not saying the Tolkien books are bad and they were definitely something different in their day, just Tolkien is a bad writer. He can make a fantastically detailed world, tell a good story, but can't write for shit.

Well this is not a great place for this kind of poll as Harry Potter appeals to the younger audience and Lord of the Rings is for older people and VgChartz is full of them.

twesterm said:
I voted Harry Potter but only because Twilight is terrible and the Tolkien books get way more credit than they deserve.

I'm not saying the Tolkien books are bad and they were definitely something different in their day, just Tolkien is a bad writer. He can make a fantastically detailed world, tell a good story, but can't write for shit.

Clarify that. You mean Tolkien's like George Lucas in that he's a good worldbuilder and comes up with excellent general plot, but then falters in core execution?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

LOTR by far.

Mad55 said:

lord of the ring? you mean that movie about walking?naw fuck that harry potters better.

lol

dany612 said:
Well this is not a great place for this kind of poll as Harry Potter appeals to the younger audience and Lord of the Rings is for older people and VgChartz is full of them.

Not necessarily... I read the hobbit when I was 15 and the trilogy at 16... still better than HP that I read around then... I beleive the 6th one just came out then.

How can you even compare Twilight with LotR!!
LotR>>>> Harry Potter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Twilight

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

Mr Khan said:
twesterm said:

Clarify that. You mean Tolkien's like George Lucas in that he's a good worldbuilder and comes up with excellent general plot, but then falters in core execution?

Yup, that.