By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - In Your Opinion, What is the Better Book Series? LOTR, Potter, or Twilight?

What is the better book series in your opinion of these?

The Lord of the Rings 120 68.57%

Harry Potter 49 28.00%

Twilight 6 3.43%

Total:175
zarx said:
binary solo said:

Harry Potter obviously. Twilight is truly awful. LOTR is a single book so doesn't qualify as a series. Anyway A Song of Ice and Fire is the kickassest series.

surely you jest 

The Lord of the Rings is a trillogy (The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, The Return of the King) with 2 prequels (The Hobbit, The Silmarillion (also contains many short stories)) 2 companion books made up of short stories (Unfinished Tales, The Adeventures of Tom Bombadil), there are also 12 history of middle earth books. 

Tolkien finished the LOTR as a single book, which his publisher then wanted to release as three volumes.

Then again the LOTR is also 6 books, with 2 books per volume.

Also The Hobbit isn't a prequel, but LOTR is the sequel :), and Silmarillion wasn't finished by J.R.R.

Around the Network

LOTR is easily one of the best written works of all time.

Haven't read any of them but judging by setting alone, I can answer LotR. I couldn't care less about vampires or a British wizard boy which alone would pretty much kill the books for me.

I prefer Lord of the Rings, but the Potter series is great, too. If I had the option though, I'd totally pick the Wheel of Time series.

non-gravity said:
zarx said:
binary solo said:

Harry Potter obviously. Twilight is truly awful. LOTR is a single book so doesn't qualify as a series. Anyway A Song of Ice and Fire is the kickassest series.

surely you jest 

The Lord of the Rings is a trillogy (The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, The Return of the King) with 2 prequels (The Hobbit, The Silmarillion (also contains many short stories)) 2 companion books made up of short stories (Unfinished Tales, The Adeventures of Tom Bombadil), there are also 12 history of middle earth books. 

Tolkien finished the LOTR as a single book, which his publisher then wanted to release as three volumes.

Then again the LOTR is also 6 books, with 2 books per volume.

Also The Hobbit isn't a prequel, but LOTR is the sequel :), and Silmarillion wasn't finished by J.R.R.

True the Hobbit is not a prequel it's been a long time since I read up about the books I forgot it was written first. 

But the fact that LOTR was origonaly put forth as one manuscript doesnt change the fact that it was published as 3 seperate volumes (and the majority of the different edditions are published that way), It qulifies as a series. Tho it probably would be more accurate to refer to the LOTR as a part of the greater tales of middle earth or mythopoeia. 

Also the fact that the Silmarillion wasn't finnished by JRR doesn't really have any real importance, many series include works not from the original creator and JRR did write almost all the content (and some of it was clearly left unfinnished) so it's not like it's not his work even if he didn't get the chance to put it together himself. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

I'm sorry I'm sorry...But why the hell is Harry potter not first? HP FTW!...And twilight? Whoever said twilight please please leave? Leave the internet and never come back...NFGout!