By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - In Your Opinion, What is the Better Book Series? LOTR, Potter, or Twilight?

What is the better book series in your opinion of these?

The Lord of the Rings 120 68.57%

Harry Potter 49 28.00%

Twilight 6 3.43%

Total:175

So, maybe you have read the books or seen the movies, but I want to know what is the better book series between these 3 in your opinion? I know we do have a lot of Harry Potter fans here on this site, and the books are very well written. One of the best IMO. I however, have always loved the Lord of the Rings series. The Lord of the Rings books by J.R.R. Tolkien are very detailed, and I really enjoy it when books give a lot of detail. The story is very well thought out, and its amazing that he created languages for the books. It also helps that i love the fantasy style in Lord of the Rings. As far as Twilight I never really got into the series at all. I like vampires, and warewolf stories, but that series did not get me interested.

So VGChartz members what is your opinion, and why?

Around the Network

I voted Twilight! just to annoy you! you know who you are!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

LOTR.
  It thrashes both in epicness, quality of characters, and quality of writing. And I don't even have to read Twlight to say that - I only managed to get through 10 mins of the first one (the film, which is easier to get into than a book)

As books I have no clue.

As movies Lord of the Rings is the best by far. Twilight is stupid as shit, and Harry Potter is okay if you're younger.

NiKKoM said:
I voted Twilight! just to annoy you! you know who you are!

... so everyone.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

LOTR by far .

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Marks said:
As books I have no clue.

As movies Lord of the Rings is the best by far. Twilight is stupid as shit, and Harry Potter is okay if you're younger.

ya. the only part about the Twilight movies I like is the fight scenes, which are still meh. IMO the story is meh,but still I have to give it credit for attracting a huge fan base.

LOTR by far. HP is also good, both the books and movies. Twilight is terrible in both medium.

How dare you even make this comparison? One is an all-time classic that has inspired generations the world over, and the other two are some bullshit about wizards.

Lord of the Rings, in terms of quality of the writing, plot, world and characters it's miles above Harry Potter (and I'm assuming Twilight).