By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - In Your Opinion, What is the Better Book Series? LOTR, Potter, or Twilight?

What is the better book series in your opinion of these?

The Lord of the Rings 120 68.57%

Harry Potter 49 28.00%

Twilight 6 3.43%

Total:175

I love Harry ^^

Around the Network

Harry Potter obviously. Twilight is truly awful. LOTR is a single book so doesn't qualify as a series. Anyway A Song of Ice and Fire is the kickassest series.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

This is the nerd version of 360 vs PS3 vs Wii

wait.........

:P

LOTR is my favorite of the three.

Harry Potter is a great series but LOTR's quality of writing and storytelling takes the cake.

Twilight? I don't have much to say about it. I've never read them and I don't plan to.

Whilst Harry Potter probably impacted me more since I was the same age as Harry was throughout most of the books and growing up with Harry was awesome, I have got to give it to Lord of the Rings. Amazing setting, great characters, hugely innovative and influential. Not much else to say really.

Around the Network
pezus said:
non-gravity said:
pezus said:
jonager said:
ive read both LOTR and HP. and the last book of twilight.
i think LOTR is the best out of the three. then hp. i don´t like twilight.

a song of ice and fire is better than all of them though.

The truest statement in this thread :D

It's ending is far worse though

Eh what ending? It isn't finished

I agree with jonagar it is so why did he decide to stop telling the story from different sides, i know he said it would take to long to continue that way but 3 future  books telling it that way is still the same as three books each concentrating mainly on one particular side of the story ,plus it is jarring after the earlier works told the entwined stories so well.

Ps. I have just ordered the last book been busy

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Having read every book in all three series, and watched every movie from two (only the first two Twilight ones)...

For books, Harry Potter is much easier to get into and enjoy. I grew up with the series, so I'm biased, but I think they're very entertaining. The Lord of the Rings books are excellent, but much harder to get into. I didn't really read them until after I saw the movies. That's partly because as a kid, they were just too boring for me. The Twilight books are either horrendous, or some of the worst comedies I've ever read. They really don't have any redeeming quality outside of the ending. When it ends.

For movies, The Lord of the Rings. The Harry Potter movies could have been on that level had they kept some consistency in the directors and composers. I think the quality of the movies generally declined from the beginning. Yes, I think that the first three are the best by far. That's not to say that the others suck, but I didn't find them nearly as good as they could have been. Also, the soundtracks for the last three were incredibly bland when compared to the first five. That really killed those movies for me. The Twilight movies... I have never felt more awkward and uncomfortable in my entire life. They're just that awful.

For me Harry Potter...read it when I was younger and it stirred something in me way back when. I like Lord of the Rings as well, however, not as much as Harry Potter. I was turned off from the over saturation of Twilight from 2 of my friends, who could not stop talking about the main male character.

binary solo said:

Harry Potter obviously. Twilight is truly awful. LOTR is a single book so doesn't qualify as a series. Anyway A Song of Ice and Fire is the kickassest series.

surely you jest 

The Lord of the Rings is a trillogy (The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, The Return of the King) with 2 prequels (The Hobbit, The Silmarillion (also contains many short stories)) 2 companion books made up of short stories (Unfinished Tales, The Adeventures of Tom Bombadil), there are also 12 history of middle earth books. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I'll be honest, I never read any of them, but if I want to I'll start with LOTR