By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your most time spend in a FPS game?

MAG: Over 300 hours :)

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

1) Modern Warfare 2
2) Black Ops
3) Killzone 3

Multiplayer(which obviously are played far more than single player)
1. Halo 3
2. Team Fortress 2
3. Halo 2

Single Player
1. Metroid Prime
2. Metroid Prime 2
3. Half Life 2

Baalzamon said:

No offense, but you should redo the math again.  Since 1996 would be be 15-16 years (15 if you count 96 and 11 as 1/2 years, 16, if both are counted as full years).  45,000/15 years = 3,000 hours per year.  3,000/365 days = 8.2 hours per day.

So you are telling me that for the last 15 years, you have averaged 8.2 hours per day, EVERY single day on Goldeneye 64?

He's an imposter!

Definitely Halo 3 with about 6,000 competitive games played, hours upon hours of forging/ watching theater videos and going through the campaign at least a dozen times.

Around the Network

I hate Treyarch Call of Duty's! Quantum of Solice was such a better game.

Most time I spent in a FPS...well since Gears of War an Lost Planet are Third Person Shooters, then my vote goes to

Counter-strike Source/Halo: Reach.

I put more hours into CSS, but I think I might top it with Halo: Reach. CSS was the reason I got a powerful computer (now garbage), and it was so addictive to play. However Halo tops it with a well made co-op campaign, a really addictive Firefight, and really balanced multiplayer.

That said, I have always played a lot of Infinity Ward CoD's and main series Halo games as well.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Baalzamon said:
spurgeonryan said:

Now that I do the math I will actually say closer to 45,000 hours on Goldeney 64. Still alot, and I plan on playing it tomorrow with the kids! So add two more hours!!!

No offense, but you should redo the math again.  Since 1996 would be be 15-16 years (15 if you count 96 and 11 as 1/2 years, 16, if both are counted as full years).  45,000/15 years = 3,000 hours per year.  3,000/365 days = 8.2 hours per day.

So you are telling me that for the last 15 years, you have averaged 8.2 hours per day, EVERY single day on Goldeneye 64?

Yea that's over the top. My most played game is Mario Kart 64, and I have a little over 1,000 hours in that. (5 hours a week for the first 2 years, then 2 hours a week for the next 8 or so)

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

KylieDog said:
Battlefield 1942 as well as the Desert Combat Mod.

What is an hour a day for 3 to 4 years? Some days many hours. Probably clocked in 1500 or more hours into that thing.

same here.

Recently there is only Team Fortress 2 that comes close. Though Im not even the biggest fan of that game, but I play it with my elder brother from time to time.

Halo CE would be next methinks.

Michael-5 said:
I hate Treyarch Call of Duty's! Quantum of Solice was such a better game.

Most time I spent in a FPS...well since Gears of War an Lost Planet are Third Person Shooters, then my vote goes to

Counter-strike Source/Halo: Reach.

I put more hours into CSS, but I think I might top it with Halo: Reach. CSS was the reason I got a powerful computer (now garbage), and it was so addictive to play. However Halo tops it with a well made co-op campaign, a really addictive Firefight, and really balanced multiplayer.

That said, I have always played a lot of Infinity Ward CoD's and main series Halo games as well.

What I've noticed is games like Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2 get hacked more on PS3 and World at War and Black Ops are hacked more on the 360.

The original UT, I still play it over LAN with friends.