By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Publisher Did The Best/Worst This Generation

D3 is clearly the best publisher as no one else has brought us one Earth Defense Force this generation, let alone two.

Square-Enix is easily the worst, and I hope they die.

Around the Network

im not gonna talk about sales, because they dont affect me as a gamer, i have not stock in any of these companies. For me the best was Sony, they worked there butts off to publish game online and off. Namco might be the worst. SE you sucked a bit too. Everyone else is meh. Ninty has been fine, recent events not withstanding

Mad55 said:
well i dont really think there are any bad publishers this gen their all trying their best. idk nintendo or capcom for best though.

Capcom?This gen's Capcom is nowhere near as good as last two gen's.Nowhere near the top as well.Heck I would even go as far as to say they disappointed.

I'll go with SE as for the worst publisher.When everyone is more hyped for their Eidos counterpart you know something is wrong.

As for the best.I honestly don't know.The only thing I know is that THQ is a serious contender for that spot next generation.Huge improvements quality wise with some pretty huge exclusivity deals (Turtle rock,itagaki and del toro to name a few).

Sony,MS and Nintendo were pretty good as well.All three of them.

RolStoppable said:
badgenome said:
D3 is clearly the best publisher as no one else has brought us one Earth Defense Force this generation, let alone two.

Square-Enix is easily the worst, and I hope they die.

D3 also brought Bikini Zombie Slayers to the Wii which is easily the best mature game on the system. Therefore, I vote for them too.

Worst is easily Nintendo, because I haven't enjoyed a single mature game from them this gen.

Not trying to start an argument or anything but Nintendo is not really a company that provides "Mature" games.

ThePS3News said:

I agree with your SE decision.  :)

And aren't Rockstar and TakeTwo the Same companys...

TakeTwo own Rockstar.

Anyway... A list of the things they've done/ are doing -

Agent (lol), BioShock, BioShock 2, BioShock Infinite, Borderlands, Civilization IV, Civilization V, GTA 4 and Episodes, LA Noire, Mafia 2, Manhunt 2, Midnight Club LA, 2k Sports series, Red Dead Redemption...

Around the Network

Best: Nintendo

Worst: Square Enix - all they've been good for are remakes of old games. The last good game from them was Dragon Quest IX and that ended up being published by Nintendo

Boutros said:
Sony is a very surprising publisher this gen. I can't tell if they are the best but they are easily the most surprising to me.

Square Enix on the other hand isn't exactly the worst publisher but they are the most disappointing.

If you run for president I vote you.

hellraider said:
Mad55 said:
well i dont really think there are any bad publishers this gen their all trying their best. idk nintendo or capcom for best though.

Capcom?This gen's Capcom is nowhere near as good as last two gen's.Nowhere near the top as well.Heck I would even go as far as to say they disappointed.

I'll go with SE as for the worst publisher.When everyone is more hyped for their Eidos counterpart you know something is wrong.

As for the best.I honestly don't know.The only thing I know is that THQ is a serious contender for that spot next generation.Huge improvements quality wise with some pretty huge exclusivity deals (Turtle rock,itagaki and del toro to name a few).

I've always liked eidos more than square anyways (Though I've always loved square). But I'm not the majority I guess.
I'd agree with boutros SE has been dissapointing though far from the worst, atleast on home consoles (They're my favorite portable game dev/publisher imo). But this is SE the developer most of you are considering. Not SE the publisher. SE the publisher counts eidos remakes and localizations.

Which, they've done quite well with since they aquired eidos so I can't say they're dissapointing as a publisher.

LCatGoL, FFXIII, Batman: AA are 3 of my top 10 favorite console games this gen so that's not too bad. Along with other surprises like Just Cause 2. and two huge ones coming up. Deus Ex, and Tomb raider.

My favorite publisher is Xseed. They're translations are far better than most square-enix barring(Tactics Ogre), nintendo, or sega localizations. IMO. On a way smaller budget and they bring over cool niche titles we wouldn't get otherwise.

hellraider said:
Mad55 said:

knaw'll capcom has put out some pretty good games this gen and more to come with drgons dogma and DMC. I just feel they are consistent. I would add namco bandai after we get abyss 3ds, graces, xillia and the possible hd remakes.

From my perspective, it's very close between Sony and Nintendo but Sony has the edge for me personally because first off, no one can deny the immense success and innovation Nintendo has brought in for this gen and producing quite a number of mega selling games, SMG, SSBB, DKCR, Mario Kart, etc. Not to mention the extreme success of the DS and soon to be 3DS.

But the reason why Sony had the edge for me was because their games appealed to me more. No they don't go selling mega busters like Nintendo's titles but Sony's IPs and the games they released during this gen provided me with as Sony would call it, 'first class entertainment I would expect from PlayStation'. And I got exactly that. Not to mention I got great joy out from playing the PSP and the awesome games on that as well. So that's why I chose Sony.

Close runner up to these two for me would be EA. With the exception of EA Sports, I pretty much loved most of their titles.