By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Another Classic Pachter Quote [NY TIMES]

linkthe2nd said:
Everyday, he takes a step towards being considered a D bag.
you mean he already isn't =o 

Video Game Papercrafts

The only reason Sakurai allowed Snake is because he was already a clone

Wii Friend Code: 2854 9908 3926 2816

Around the Network
fkusumot said:
weezy said:
I know how we can turn this DS into a grown ups device!!

Make a game like Nintendogs but about breasteses. Cause as you all know grown ups love breasteses!

It could be called "Weezy's Boobie Bobble Fest!", million seller confirmed. But would Pachter buy it?

Nice ... I could see the sequel on the DS and Wii called 'Weezy's Tig-o-bitties: Making it rain.' On the DS, you could use the stylus to nanipulate the mipples, and on the Wii, you'd use the Nunchuk and Wii Remote to inspect them.

"The milks gone bad!" Rick James, Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories 

fkusumot said:
weezy said:
I know how we can turn this DS into a grown ups device!!

Make a game like Nintendogs but about breasteses. Cause as you all know grown ups love breasteses!

It could be called "Weezy's Boobie Bobble Fest!", million seller confirmed. But would Pachter buy it?

Don't be silly, he'd make his son buy it.

weezy said:
Ya.

All 65 million DS owners are children and the 20 million ppl who own PSP are grown men.

The quote is out of context.  Basically he is saying the DS is for everyone and the PSP is not for kids.

Yeah, it was probably taken out of context. Like, "There are games on both the DS and PSP to appeal to adults. However, the DS is still a kid's device."

There's no reason for people to post these things w/o a link to the original read, or C&P the full quote, so people can decide for themselves the meaning of the quote. If people did that a little more, Internetland would be a much better place.

Around the Network

I only know three people with a DS including myself. Ages: 34, 37, 60.

I only know one person with a PSP. Age: 15

"The DS has proven more popular with younger children than Sony’s PSP; 80 percent of DS owners are 8 to 16 years of age, while PSP players tend to be 16 to 24 years old, according to analysts at Wedbush Morgan."
For America only, since as the Japanese chart shows, that isn't true of the rest of the world.

But in the negative news can be seen as good news, this means that 4m DS are outside that range, say 1m below 8, and another 1 17-19. Leaving only 2 million for 20 and above. Brain Training at 2.2M for America shows that adults will buy this type of game on a 1.1 game per DS. Some have forgotten and bought it twice!

"But the DS’s" (note: generic term for PSP's) "movie capabilities have not been a hit with consumers, mostly because the price of the movies — $25 and higher — is limiting sales. “Content and price were two big issues,” Mr. Koller said. “Sixteen year olds were not interested in 1970s romantic dramas.” New lower prices starting at $5, and titles like SuperBad will change that equation, according to Mr. Koller."

16 year olds? SuperBad??? I thought 16 was the DS market target and PSP was going for adults? The older type that *like* 1970's romantic dramas??? I'm confused. Where's my second copy of BrainAge?

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

Played_Out said:
I hate myself for stoking the fire like this, but...

Just 'cos you don't like it, doesn't mean it's not true. When the PSP was launched I predicted it would never sell at the level of the DS for one blindingly obvious reason: outside of Japan, hardly any adults would use a handheld gaming device.
Sure, we could all give anecdotal evidence to the contrary, but the average age of handheld gamers is much lower than home console gamers.
Even though Nintendo has had some success capturing the 40+ market with the DS (and the wii), the overwhelming majority of players are small children. Why do you think the majority of games are really simple and usually based around colourful cartoon characters? How many adults do you think bought Nintendogs?

IN SUMMARY: Quit bashing Pachter. Like it or not, he's smarter than you are.

My wife love Nintendogs. (37 years old) 

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

Jetlogs said:
marioblazer said:
I think michael patcher is leo-j in disguise. for some reason he dislikes nintendo.....

maybe has stocks in sony and microsoft
when you think about, that actually makes some sense

It does.

“The DS is still a kid’s device,” said Michael Pachter, an analyst with Wedbush Morgan.

-NY TIMES,

With Wii and DS, Nintendo Has 2 Hit Game Devices

Brain Training says HI!