By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Miyamoto on Wii U hardware capabilities

Seece said:
When asked about whether Wii U with its hardware capabilities has put Nintendo on equal footing with its competitors, he replied:

"Yes, we do feel that we’ve reached that,”

Nintendo doesn't even know what Sony and MS have coming up :-S

Yup, this.

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
BengaBenga said:
Quote: Nintendo’s new HD console marks company’s first attempt to cater to the more hardcore audience

People gaming since 2007 shouldn't write articles about gaming. Period.

So enlighten the non believers..When did Nintendo catered to the hardcore audience before?

?

GodOfWar_3ever said:
So it took them 4-5 years to come up with a machine which is only on par with PS360.. Is that supposed to be a big achievement ? Shouldn't they be pushing for more ? From a business standpoint, I guess it makes sense (and profit) but its terribly unexciting to me.

Just my 2 cents.

Well Nintendo is all about making a profit off of their hardware from the beginning so I do see how it would make sense to them. However as soon as Sony and MS release their new consoles it will be 2006 all over again. So prepare for the Wii U is 2 Wii's duct taped together or 4 gamecubes...

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

IamAwsome said:
Lostplanet22 said:
BengaBenga said:
Quote: Nintendo’s new HD console marks company’s first attempt to cater to the more hardcore audience

People gaming since 2007 shouldn't write articles about gaming. Period.

So enlighten the non believers..When did Nintendo catered to the hardcore audience before?

?

You know the Gamecube wasn't their 1st console right?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

M.U.G.E.N said:
I refuse to believe it! must be a lost in translation situation or something or I'm not understanding this right. Is he saying reached the competitions level as in ps360? wth? this is the 'next' gen and would be epic fail if true

I don't buy it, I'll wait for detailed specs and such

In the end, I know this won't be as sucessful as the Wii, but I do believe it will gain a decent market for the next 3-4 years. I personally buy games, so in the end, if Nintendo can back up what they are saying with games. It would make me sold. Having said that, after seeing the Zelda Tech Demo, I am pretty sold on the device's potiential. 

Around the Network
padib said:
Fab_GS, my first opinion, no offense, is that you should write an OT that comes from your opinion, and link to the article in contrast with copy pasting the whole thing.

No offense taken. I'll make sure that I will do so with my next threads.

"When asked about whether Wii U with its hardware capabilities has put Nintendo on equal footing with its competitors, he replied:
"Yes, we do feel that we’ve reached that,” he said. “Then it’s just a question of how much gamers understand the uniqueness that Nintendo offers."

I dont see where it is only on par with current consoles, we've reached that is not a firm state of anything, it could even mean that they are only reaching those levels... Which I would think is wrong, very wrong... I am sure everything is going to be reveal at the nintendo event in japan this year (probably the same event as last year with the 3ds).

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

1. The title is extremely misleading (not your fault Fab, but the author's). Never did Miyamoto mentioned PS3 and 360 and never did he say "on par". He says they are now on equal footing with Sony and Microsoft, which could mean anything, including on par with PS3 and 360 but also with the hardware direction Microsoft and Sony might take coming generation.

2. The article's author appearantly thinks Nintendo was founded in 2006 judging by the first sentence in the article. This renders the entire article moot.

I came in here ready to blast the holy living shit out of pretty much every person who isn't Seece

But then Chrizum says what I want to say anyway.

Curse you, Donut.

GodOfWar_3ever said:
So it took them 4-5 years to come up with a machine which is only on par with PS360.. Is that supposed to be a big achievement ? Shouldn't they be pushing for more ? From a business standpoint, I guess it makes sense (and profit) but its terribly unexciting to me.

Just my 2 cents.

He never said that they are on par with the 360 and PS3, just that they are on par with their competitors. For all we know, that could mean the PS4 and Nextbox. (How Nintendo knows the power in the PS4 and NextBox remains a mystery to me.). The tech demo shown at E3 looks better then some PS3 games, and the specs haven't been officialy confirmed yet. For all we know, it could be really strong, or weak. Miyamoto was probably saying that in general, probably not talking about a particular console.