By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Discs Will Be 25GB In Size

TomaTito said:
Ail said:
TomaTito said:
Xen said:
As expected, they made a bastard son of blu-ray.
Also, lol @ 8GB internal. That's hardly enough. Not everyone will be willing to expand further with USB drives.

But you have the option. When I heard about this yesterday, I thought it was good decisions for storage and media

Looks more like screwing the customer.

Here is this nice new console. Oh and by the way it might be priced cheap but you have to buy all those peripherics to use it...

Since I got my PS3  5 years ago I bought one extra peripheric that cost me a whooping 49.99$ ( 1 dualshock)

How much content does your 5 year old PS3 consists of PSN games + DLC? 

I delete game after I have finished them as i can redownload them if I want to play them again.

Right now I have about 12gig worth of PSN games on the PS3 without counting DLCs...( Infamous is 7Gig alone, ), if you add DLC it's a lot more ( Castlevania lord of shadows reverie DLC is over 900Mb).

6 months ago I had record of Agarest War which was 9Gig by itself...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
Ail said:
TomaTito said:
Ail said:
TomaTito said:
Xen said:
Also, lol @ 8GB internal. That's hardly enough. Not everyone will be willing to expand further with USB drives.

But you have the option. When I heard about this yesterday, I thought it was good decisions for storage and media

Here is this nice new console. Oh and by the way it might be priced cheap but you have to buy all those peripherics to use it...

Since I got my PS3  5 years ago I bought one extra peripheric that cost me a whooping 49.99$ ( 1 dualshock)

I delete game after I have finished them as i can redownload them if I want to play them again.

Right now I have about 12gig worth of PSN games on the PS3 without counting DLCs...( Infamous is 7Gig alone, ), if you add DLC it's a lot more ( Castlevania lord of shadows reverie DLC is over 900Mb).

But if you dont need extra space and the 8Gb is enough... why would you pay more for it? You pay for what you need.... that's the beauty of having options, you take the ona that suits better for you.... you dont take the only one, even if you wont need it. I think it's a wise decision

Maynard_Tool said:
Ail said:
TomaTito said:
Ail said:
TomaTito said:
Xen said:

But if you dont need extra space and the 8Gb is enough... why would you pay more for it? You pay for what you need.... that's the beauty of having options, you take the ona that suits better for you.... you dont take the only one, even if you wont need it. I think it's a wise decision

We're moving toward digital retail, it makes sense to me that more storage space will be needed not less ( which is why every 18 months PS3 and 360 come up with a new sku with more HDD space and kill the older SKUs..)

25 gigs is plenty, its not like devs were using all that space on PS3 anyway, and i could give a damn about it playing Bluray movies, not important to me. BUt the eight gigs is lame. 360 have 4 and 5 gigs, and those are even lamer. At least the USbs wont cost as much. IMHO if im a core gamer im gonna need at least 60 gigs. THe amount of money i would have to spend to get that much with USBs, NInty might as well just make another SKu with more memory, MS does it and Sony does it. It just makes more sense, i dont want to have to worry about which stick has what save and what game on it. THat is PS1 era crap

@dany612, what i mean is that u can expand the storage of the system through a external hdd's. i think lego stories online is being made for the wiiu system. that maybe nintendo will partner with a hdd maker and release a official licensed one with the game already on the hdd, like sony did with releasing a hdd with ff11 : online already on the hdd for the ps2. just a idea for them on getting ppl to buy a hdd to increase the storage capacity of the system, plus getting ppl to go online with the system as well.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
Ail said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Ail said:
TomaTito said:
Ail said:
TomaTito said:
Xen said:

We're moving toward digital retail, it makes sense to me that more storage space will be needed not less ( which is why every 18 months PS3 and 360 come up with a new sku with more HDD space and kill the older SKUs..)

you can move all you want into the future... still is not fair that I should be paying more than I need. If 8gb is enough for me, why would I pay for 160Gb Hard drive? Makes no sense

Maynard_Tool said:
Ail said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Ail said:
TomaTito said:
Ail said:
TomaTito said:
Xen said:

you can move all you want into the future... still is not fair that I should be paying more than I need. If 8gb is enough for me, why would I pay for 160Gb Hard drive? Makes no sense

People on HD consoles have issues with a lot more storage than that available to them this gen ( lets not get into the arcade, the arcade is good as long as you don't start going to xboxlive and buying stuff..)

And I thought the Wii U was next gen console.......

basically all that Nintendo is saying by providing such low storage space is that they have once again not thought that much of online and digital retail...

Ail said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Ail said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Ail said:
TomaTito said:
Ail said:
TomaTito said:
Xen said:

People on HD consoles have issues with a lot more storage than that available to them this gen ( lets not get into the arcade, the arcade is good as long as you don't start going to xboxlive and buying stuff..)

basically all that Nintendo is saying by providing such low storage space is that they have once again not thought that much of online and digital retail...

i think they have, but they are taking the cheap way out

Ail said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Ail said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Ail said:
TomaTito said:
Ail said:
TomaTito said:
Xen said:

ORRRR maybe they are saying "we'll not force you to pay more than you actually need" or at least, that's what they are telling me, as a consumer. I have an 80gb ps3 and the only thing that I have in there are saves from my games. Not everyone needs a 300Gb size HD you know....

Ail said:
TomaTito said:

That's a bit of content you got there! 7-9 GB of DLC? What do they stuff in there? I understand why you might feel the flash storage (it has some advantages) might be little , but DLC might be handled differently on the WiiU. It's obvious you would need more space, but for another it could be enough.

You buy the console, and if you need an HD you can buy 1TB usb 2.0 for 55 euros, or a 32 GB usb stick for 40, or an 32 GB SDHC for 40. You might have some of these additonal storage available at your house... for example, I have an extra 8GB usb stick that I dont use anymore, or an old 500 GB usb drive. It's giving you the options, which I think is nice.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"