By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official 2011 E3 Nintendo Thread

I'm taking the dayy off from work to watch it live :)

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Around the Network

I'm hoping for more motion plus software, to finally see what Cafe is, and for Trauma Team to come to Europe.

Acevil said:
If anyone has any DS titles that they think will appear at Nintendo's E3 please state it so I can add it in.

There are some, that new Kirby game (Atsumete! Kirby) and Solatorobo (already on its way to Europe).

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

megaman79 said:

Awesome movie^ !! I just saw it the other day! The 'spirit of the west' cameo was sheer brilliance!

TomaTito said:
I'm hoping for more motion plus software, to finally see what Cafe is, and for Trauma Team to come to Europe.

Also, Amen to this!!

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Yeah, we need more!

Shit, how could I forget, I'm sure everyone is excited about Zelda's 25th anniversary pack!

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Exciting stuff. Nintendo need dates for their big 3DS titles--Super Mario, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Starfox, Paper Mario and Kid Icarus should all be out by next April or May, really. Announce a couple more 3DS titles and some more third party titles to strengthen the long-term outlook for the device, and they may convince more customers to jump on board. I'm hoping for Advance Wars and (less likely) F Zero, but time will tell.

For Wii Skyward Sword will take centre stage again, but I'd also expect to see Last Story, Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower, Wii Play 2, Kirby and Rhythm Heaven make some kind of appearance. Possibly Dragon Quest X, though as others have said before, that will probably appear first at a Japanese event. I don't think there'll be a surprise Wii title from Nintendo, just localisation and dates for the titles above.

DS should feature with Kirby and one or two smaller titles or previously Japan only games, but other than that I'm not expecting much. Nintendo need to move to position the 3DS as their flagship machine and now is the time to do it.

As for Cafe... I'm thinking Smash Bros will make an appearance. What better way to showcase new Nintendo hardware? Smash gives them a chance to showcase a number of their most beloved characters in one trailer. I'd also expect footage of Retro's new project and a new Miyamoto IP designed to showcase the control system.

Then of course there's the Zelda 25th Anniversary project, which will be at E3 but I'm not sure what system it will be on. 3DS or Wii are most likely. It should be a good show, but Nintendo need to follow it up--they didn't follow up 3DS's amazing show last year with an amazing launch, and I think they need to do that with Cafe. Get it off to a great start, yes, but don't let that hype or momentum dissipate.

Around the Network
gumby_trucker said:
Conegamer said:
We so excited!!!

They'll be a fair few more Wii games though, just watch...

I hope you're right!! What did you have in mind?

I was thinking TLS, DQX (?), Pikmin 3, Zelda compalation, Pandora's Tower and some new game, as a nice place to start...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Just stopping by to leave this here ..... 

.... hehehe. 

Conegamer said:
gumby_trucker said:
Conegamer said:
We so excited!!!

I was thinking TLS, DQX (?), Pikmin 3, Zelda compalation, Pandora's Tower and some new game, as a nice place to start...

I think XB will definitely be at the show. TLS/DQX/PT may not as they will probably not be released this year anyway.
Pikmin 3 is also something I am wishing for Wii - hopefully along with NPC Pikmin 2 which has yet to see a release in the US (NOA leaving money on the table IMO).
Regarding Zelda, Iwata already said it wouldn't be a compilation like Mario had last year but rather something else. I'm not getting my hopes up on that one so as not to be disappointed.

That just leaves us with new games and I'm hoping at least for a new Wii Sports using motion plus (Wii Motor Sports perhaps?) as well as a new character based game also using Motion Plus - I have no idea what this could be but am hoping for something really awesome to send Wii out with a BANG!

Then there are of course the known titles: Skyward Sword, Kirby, Rhythm Heaven, Pokemon and maybe some localizations if we're really lucky (Zangeki no Reginliev, anyone?)... Also there is the insanely low chance that Nintendo could localize a Japanese 3rd party game or two...

(and an even insanely lower chance one of those localizations could be TOG... I'm just covering my ass so I can say "Called It" if it does happen)  

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

gumby_trucker said:
Conegamer said:
gumby_trucker said:
Conegamer said:
We so excited!!!

I think XB will definitely be at the show. TLS/DQX/PT may not as they will probably not be released this year anyway.
Pikmin 3 is also something I am wishing for Wii - hopefully along with NPC Pikmin 2 which has yet to see a release in the US (NOA leaving money on the table IMO).
Regarding Zelda, Iwata already said it wouldn't be a compilation like Mario had last year but rather something else. I'm not getting my hopes up on that one so as not to be disappointed.

That just leaves us with new games and I'm hoping at least for a new Wii Sports using motion plus (Wii Motor Sports perhaps?) as well as a new character based game also using Motion Plus - I have no idea what this could be but am hoping for something really awesome to send Wii out with a BANG!

Then there are of course the known titles: Skyward Sword, Kirby, Rhythm Heaven, Pokemon and maybe some localizations if we're really lucky (Zangeki no Reginliev, anyone?)... Also there is the insanely low chance that Nintendo could localize a Japanese 3rd party game or two...

(and an even insanely lower chance one of those localizations could be TOG... I'm just covering my ass so I can say "Called It" if it does happen)

If TOG comes over here for the Wii, along with TLS, Xenoblade and Pandora's Tower, the Wii will easily be the go-to place for tradtional and quality JRPG's this gen. Fingers crossed!

Should be a good E3 for Nintendo especially when you see what Microsoft have this year

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

What I learned about Nintendo, is the thing least likely to happen will happen.
E3 2008: It sucked, new Zelda and Pikmin in development in the aftershow.
E3 2009: Just 1 single Zelda artwork, 4 player Mario, a 2nd 3D Mario on Wii. Team Ninja Metroid.
E3 2010: Zelda Spotlight stolen, new DK, different Kirby than expeted, Goldeneye Remake.
E3 2011: ???