By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official 2011 E3 Nintendo Thread

The new system didn't really look interesting to me. Looks like improvements to the specs to bring it up around current standards. The new controller, I'm not sure what to say. Need to see how things are actually implemented with it before I decide.

Glad a new Zelda is being released, the conference as a whole was average. Nothing too exciting or interesting for me.

Around the Network
TripleMMM said:
The editors of G4 got their hands-on with the WiiU and they said that it's really easy to control (minus for one demo, I forgot wich it was) and is as light, maybe even lighter than an I-pad...

It should be lighter basically because there isn't any hardware in it.. it just streams from the Wii so there is no processing hardware in the controller. 

We definitely know a Ninja Gaiden game is avialable for wii u.....

So Capcom announce Dragon's Dogma, a new IP!

I'm happy that Nintendo seems to have locked up some nice third party franchises, but I'm still bummed they didn't really show off their own games, and only announced Smash Bros, which we already pretty much knew was coming.. I want to be hyped for this Wii U, but I need to see some damn games in order to do so, dammit Nintendo!

You know what I just realized would be truly awesome on the new console? Freakin' MINECRAFT. That touch screen would be perfect for the game. I know MS has it locked up for now, but perhaps Ninty can lock it up for the future? One can only dream..

Also, I think Nintendo needs to get Dragon Age II and/or the next Dragon Age game assuming they make one, but one closer to the PC version with all the micromanaging.

I feel like this could be a great console for RTS/Strategy/RPGs, but then again I thought Wii would be a great FPS console, so I shouldn't jump the gun :/

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
milkyjoe said:
Viper1 said:
Smeags said:
JGarret said:

Wasn´t there a rumor where it´s said a new Kirby is headed to the Wii?

There was also a rumor that a new Epic Mickey was heading to 3DS... but yeah...

Curse you Viper!

Come on guys...think outside Nintendo for a minute.   epic.

You wouldn't possibly be talking about Epic Games tweeting that they have an announcement planned for smack bang in the middle of the Nintendo conference, would you?

*whistles*

I wouldn't know anything about that.

And I gotta run.   Time and all that.

What was this about?  Did I miss something?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
Viper1 said:
milkyjoe said:
Viper1 said:
Smeags said:
JGarret said:

Wasn´t there a rumor where it´s said a new Kirby is headed to the Wii?

There was also a rumor that a new Epic Mickey was heading to 3DS... but yeah...

Curse you Viper!

You wouldn't possibly be talking about Epic Games tweeting that they have an announcement planned for smack bang in the middle of the Nintendo conference, would you?

*whistles*

Rein was at Nintendo's conference for the first time ever and a few announced Wii U games are UE3 powered.   And it is believed that the Japanese pond demo was powered by UE3.  But there will be more to it than that later.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
theRepublic said:
Viper1 said:
milkyjoe said:
Viper1 said:

*whistles*

Rein was at Nintendo's conference for the first time ever and a few announced Wii U games are UE3 powered.   And it is believed that the Japanese pond demo was powered by UE3.  But there will be more to it than that later.

Awesome.  I just saw the pond demo rumor after I asked that question.  Thanks for the info.

Let us know if you see anything else about this "later".

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)