By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official 2011 E3 Nintendo Thread

I'm a little iffy about the lack of Wii games announced, but hopefully they will still come. I'd like to see XB and TLS just as much as anyone, but as much as there is the possibility that they won't be at E3 at all, there's also the possibility that both will be announced when we're least expecting it: remember what happned to Tales of Graces F and Dragon Quest VI? Neither were announced at E3, but we still got confirmation for both eventually. Maybe I'll just go by that thinking.

Around the Network
Rhonin the wizard said:
Dand said:
Hey people, there are trailers for Wii games here,

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/e3_2011/04/kirby_wii/index.html

Kirby Wii
Mario Party 9
Zelda
Rhythm Heaven
and others

Why didn't they show these during the presentation?

You do know New Super Mario Brothers Mii is for Wii, right?

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/new-super-mario-bros-mii/14992

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:
Rhonin the wizard said:
Dand said:
Hey people, there are trailers for Wii games here,

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/e3_2011/04/kirby_wii/index.html

Kirby Wii
Mario Party 9
Zelda
Rhythm Heaven
and others

Why didn't they show these during the presentation?

What does that have to do with what I said? Where has Nintendo stated that it's for the Wii? So far they've said it's a tech demo for the Wii U. Looking for Nintendo official sites nowhere it is listed for the Wii. And on their E3 Network site it is listed on the Wii U page. Gametrailers made a mistake, or they put it under Wii since, they don't have a Wii U category.

Rhonin the wizard said:
megaman79 said:

What does that have to do with what I said? Where has Nintendo stated that it's for the Wii? So far they've said it's a tech demo for the Wii U. Looking for Nintendo official sites nowhere it is listed for the Wii. And on their E3 Network site it is listed on the Wii U page. Gametrailers made a mistake, or they put it under Wii since, they don't have a Wii U category.

Hey sorry, Gametrailers are stupid. Its actually a demo isn't it?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

LOL has anyone seen these two gems of information?
Third parties are already trolling Wii U and it's got at least a year before launch!

Seriously, the SEGA thing especially is just f***in' hilarious!

edit: I'm not trying to diss the system, it may be awesome once it launches... but this reveal is so incompetent it's not even funny! I'm not even sure if this is better than announcing no games whatsoever for the platform, as this just has the potential to lead to disappointment.

Basically what they're saying is that the footage of 3rd party Wii U games was actually footage of games on competing platforms, which may or may not show up on Wii U (but will show up on competing platforms..). Not only does that make Nintendo's presentation lose points, it actually gives points to Sony and MS!!

It's like saying: "Since we haven't started making the new Smash Bros. yet, here are some games you can play on your ps360 while you wait!

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/08/wii-u-third-party-sizzle-reel-composed-of-360-ps3-pc-footage/

Wii U third party sizzle-reel composed of 360, ps3 and PC footage!

When Nintendo showed off a reel of major third-party games currently in development for its newly announced console, the Wii U, the footage wasn't actually playing on Wii U hardware. Nintendo of America prez Reggie Fils-Aime casually admitted as much in a post-presser interview with GameTrailers, excusing it by saying, "We're talking a year away from when the system's gonna launch" -- a hard to argue point, considering developers probably need some time to, ya know, actually make games for it.

We're hoping to see some actual third-party game footage soon, but aren't exactly expecting it in the upcoming weeks. Nintendo's Wii U is expected to launch at some point in 2012, with
Nikkei predicting the latter half of the year.

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=160130#comment-section

June 7, 2011 by Deux Michaels Filed Under: Wii U

LOCK AND LOAD! ALIENS: COLONIAL MARINES SHOWS OFF NINTENDO’S WII U

Gearbox Software and SEGA Support Announcement Presentation at Nintendo’s E3 Press Briefing

LOS ANGELES (June 7, 2011) – SEGA® of America, Inc., SEGA® Europe Ltd. and Gearbox Software today revealed that Aliens: Colonial Marines™, is being prototyped and considered for the Nintendo Wii U™. In partnership with Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products and developed by critically acclaimed studio Gearbox Software, Aliens: Colonial Marines for this new gaming console is currently under construction by a dedicated research and development branch within the studio.

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
Rhonin the wizard said:
megaman79 said:

Hey sorry, Gametrailers are stupid. Its actually a demo isn't it?

No problem, I get a little tense when I see misinformation. It was stated that all the software for the WiiU shown from Nintendo during the presentation are prototypes.

gumby_trucker said:

Third parties are already trolling Wii U and it's got at least a year before launch!

edit: I'm not trying to diss the system, it may be awesome once it launches... but this reveal is so incompetent it's not even funny! I'm not even sure if this is better than announcing no games whatsoever for the platform, as this just has the potential to lead to disappointment.

Basically what they're saying is that the footage of 3rd party Wii U games was actually footage of games on competing platforms, which may or may not show up on Wii U (but will show up on competing platforms..). Not only does that make Nintendo's presentation lose points, it actually gives points to Sony and MS!!

It's like saying: "Since we haven't started making the new Smash Bros. yet, here are some games you can play on your ps360 while you wait!

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/08/wii-u-third-party-sizzle-reel-composed-of-360-ps3-pc-footage/

When Nintendo showed off a reel of major third-party games currently in development for its newly announced console, the Wii U, the footage wasn't actually playing on Wii U hardware. Nintendo of America prez Reggie Fils-Aime casually admitted as much in a post-presser interview with GameTrailers, excusing it by saying, "We're talking a year away from when the system's gonna launch" -- a hard to argue point, considering developers probably need some time to, ya know, actually make games for it.

We're hoping to see some actual third-party game footage soon, but aren't exactly expecting it in the upcoming weeks. Nintendo's Wii U is expected to launch at some point in 2012, with

Gearbox Software and SEGA Support Announcement Presentation at Nintendo’s E3 Press Briefing

LOS ANGELES (June 7, 2011) – SEGA® of America, Inc., SEGA® Europe Ltd. and Gearbox Software today revealed that Aliens: Colonial Marines™, is being prototyped and considered for the Nintendo Wii U™. In partnership with Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products and developed by critically acclaimed studio Gearbox Software, Aliens: Colonial Marines for this new gaming console is currently under construction by a dedicated research and development branch within the studio.

The funniest part of all that would be when people reacted to that third party showreel by saying the graphics didn't look as good as their PS3/360 equivalents. And then we learn that it was PS3/360 footage, talk about egg on their faces....

I'm no psychologist, but I bet that would provide an interesting case study in how people view things.

VGChartz

Well done, perfect resume' of the E3!

Switch!!!

gumby_trucker said:

So, basically, did Ninty give 3rd parties permission to poop on its cereals? This is...  WEIRD!!!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

NJ5 said:
gumby_trucker said:

Just wanted to post a reminder to anyone who doesn't remember what happened last year with the 3DS.
I might do this again closer to the show if it doesn't seem too futile.

REMEMBER PEOPLE - NO ENTHUSIASM!

Less Hype for Cafe = Lower Launch Price

Put it on a sticky note above your monitor if you have to

Trying to stop hype? Might as well try to stop a 300 km/h train from moving over you.

Huh... either I'm Super Man or stopping that train is a lot easier than it looks...

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club