By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official 2011 E3 Nintendo Thread

Bloody hell, looking at the G4TV's E3 coverage right now, their doing Zelda SS and the sword-play looks wickedly awes...

HOLY MOTHER OF FREAKING OF GOD, HULK HOGAN IN E3?!?!?!? *faints*

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Around the Network

Good to see Nintendo at least has some info on Wii games on their website. Mario Party 9 actually looked decent, but I really really hope it's online this time. Kirby looks like a solid platformer.

Mario 3D looks like an interesting combo between Galaxy and NSMB, and Mario Kart should be awesome as always.

And I want to see some actual Wii U games dammit!

I still say it was a bad showing, but the website helps bring it together nicely, and shows a few new Wii games which is relieving

Nintendo has another game Fortune Street. Cosider it Monopoly with Mario and Dragon Quest charactes. It's for the Wii. I'm trying to get the assets from their press site, but downloading is slow. Nevermind someone posted it's trailer it on Youtube.

Here is info from the fact sheet

Players become familiar characters from the Nintendo and DRAGON QUEST universes in a board game that challenges them to play the real estate and stock markets wisely to win. Players race around the board trying to accumulate wealth and hit a target value while buying, selling and trading property with friends and family to see who can be the first to cash out. What appears at first to be a simple property-buying board game offers multiple evels of money-maximizing opportunity.

FEATURES:
• Players move around one of more than 15 boards, buying shops to build their portfolios and collecting symbols they can cash in at the bank to earn more gold to invest. It takes money to make money, so racing around the board may not be the best strategy.
• To capitalize on their monetary gains, players can make investments, play the stock market, purchase shops and collect shopping fees. Players with multiple shops adjacent to one another see them grow in value and their shops level up. Other players who land on those squares have to pay an increased shopping fee.
• Players can choose to play as a variety of Mushroom Kingdom characters, as DRAGON QUEST characters or even as their own Mii™ characters.
• More than 15 different game boards are available, providing endless replay value.
• The beginner setting helps newcomers learn the basics, while a more advanced mode introduces more challenges, deeper strategy options and the ability to play the stock market.
• The franchise has been a hit in Japan, and this marks its first appearance in North America.

I was quite pleased with the infomation that came out of this years E3 from the Big N. It's kicked the excitement meter up another notch for me for the rest of the year for 3DS and I'm looking forward to seeing more of WiiU. In terms of presentation though it seemed a bit rough. Overall I rate Nintendo's E3 as a 6/10 with my personal higlights being Luigi's Mansion 2 reveal and announcement of Super Smash Bros for 3DS/WiiU being in development.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Nintendo was the one who had a NEW console reveal....it was their E3 to lose and they lost! heck people are not even sure wth WIIu is even, ports of ps360 games way later etc etc...

I give it a 6 or 5/10. I would have given it a 5 but I do realize people love Super smash games so 6.10

sony>>>>>nintendo>ms

Yeah, how can we not trust M.U.G.E.N, the biggest Nintendo fan in the worlld!!

Around the Network

Also, really how come Nintendo fans aren't brutally over the top hyped about this?

morenoingrato said:

Also, really how come Nintendo fans aren't brutally over the top hyped about this?

Well, it's not an actual game for starters, it's just a tech demo.

Rainbird said:
morenoingrato said:

Well, it's not an actual game for starters, it's just a tech demo.

..... really????

But....but....but.........

morenoingrato said:

..... really????

But....but....but.........

I thought it was just a reimagining of the Armogohma fight from Twilight Princess with WiiU hardware. Still is beautiful though.

Fortune Street sounds wicked awesome. I'm so totally getting it.

Nintendo put on one hell of a show at this year's E3, and I hope Wii U's launch lineup is more solid than the N3DS's was. Honestly, everyone should deliver, from the 1st party to the 3rd party, even the 2nd party developers (autonomously run studios partially owned by a console manufacturer that answer only to themselves, like Camelot and, to a lesser extent and to give a competitor's example, Rare) owned by Nintendo should bring something to the table. I also hope that they get the upcoming Smash Brothers games out as soon as possible. I'm especially excited for the N3DS version of Super Smash Bros., as it's to be the first handheld version of the game ever to be released. To be quite honest, I believe the only barrier to a handheld release was a lack of analog control on Nintendo's handhelds. With the emergence of the Circle Pad, that has changed. As a result, we get to see what Smash Bros. looks like in Auto-Stereoscopic 3D.

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!