By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No Trophy support for 'PSP Remaster' titles

Nsanity back with a vengence after losing the Sony 3.2 billion loss thread

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
Xxain said:

So pretty much  everybody in this threads has has started gaming this generation

ther is NO WAY somebody who has been gaming for 10 years pluswould find this in any sense a problem

You new age gamers have clue on  any real  values

I've been gaming since the original NES days get over it Xxain.  What's your deal lately?  Your usually a pretty balanced poster but lately you've been posting like an eliteist.  The fact is its modern days now and tech changes.  Things like achievements and trophies are to be expected.  10 years ago no it wouldn't have been a problem at all since they weren't an idustry standard.  Now things like that are on the PS3 and for them to not add them, defeats any purpose whatsoever of rebuying them.

Same thing with cars.  Sure 50 years ago buying a car with out power windows and locks wasn't a big deal and wasn't a problem because they weren't around.  Now they are and their pretty much standard, so its expected for most vehicles to have them.

You calling out everyone else in the thread like your so much better and more "hardcore" of a gamer just is rediculous.  And it sounds more and more like your haveing a real hard time copeing with the fact that the idustry has evolved and changed.

Trophies/Achievements...and pretty much  every other value taught this generation  are not a evolution they are a step backwards

What is a trophy? Why is it so important that it would for wose or  even positive effect your purchase of a game?

We come from a qge where a real trophy and achievment is one on a personal level... When you were able to speed run Super metroid without dying under  a few hours that was the achievement..( plus photos of suitles samus but ya know dosesnt eqaute to your new skill)

Why is it important for you to have a trophy that says" i beat Level 1"...are you that low in dumps that u need digital accomplishment...

its pathetic.. you cant argue its pathetic..espeacially if you have been  gaming for  since the Golden age

Xxain said:

So pretty much  everybody in this threads has has started gaming this generation and didnt get a PS3 till after 2009.

ther is NO WAY somebody who has been gaming for 10 years plus and who had a PS3 pre 2009 would find this in any sense a problem

Yea things have changed. Trophies if the main deal now. Game is just something one can amuse onself while waiting for the next trophy to unlock. 

wow do people only buy games for tropies ( -_-)

It is odd considering Sony's own mandate that all titles released on PS3 after the start of 2009 are required to have trophies.

Other than that, no big deal really. In the long haul these trophies mean absolutely nothing. I have broken away from them recently with my increase in smartphone gaming. That plus I never really replay any of my games just for trophies. I only replay my games if I actually enjoyed playing them.

However, even if they aren't my thing I am glad they are here since they bring in new types of gamers.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
green_sky said:
Xxain said:

So pretty much  everybody in this threads has has started gaming this generation and didnt get a PS3 till after 2009.

ther is NO WAY somebody who has been gaming for 10 years plus and who had a PS3 pre 2009 would find this in any sense a problem

Yea things have changed. Trophies if the main deal now. Game is just something one can amuse onself while waiting for the next trophy to unlock. 

I dont know you at all... so I cant tell if this  sarcasm..but even if i could I really believe this is the mindset of a large group of gamers.

Wow no trophy support damn i care about that more than a graphical upgrade. I mean its not like the ps2 hd remakes those games were pretty old so id buy them regardless to relive. But the psp games are pretty recent your gonna have to come with more like trophies lol for me to care.

trophies? LOL I hope they are gone next gen, most developers know how to make their game worse and repetaive with trophies, yay miningless goals.

@Xxain

Really what's the point of buying a port of a PSP game on the PS3? The only reason I could see to pick it up over the cheaper PSP version would be to unlock achievements. If I was remotely interested in this game this news would have made me buy it on the PSP instead of the PS3 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

i played MGS4 trophies and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had. I am currently playing valkyria chronicles without trophies and that is an excellent game as well. No trphy support will not keep me away from peace walker, monster hunter, kingdom hearts, and BBS. It is kind of pathetic people posting "Im not gonna buy this game because it has no trophies"