By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No Trophy support for 'PSP Remaster' titles

Not really a big deal, but I prefer my games with trophies. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
Xxain said:

So pretty much  everybody in this threads has has started gaming this generation

ther is NO WAY somebody who has been gaming for 10 years pluswould find this in any sense a problem

You new age gamers have clue on  any real  values

I've been gaming since the original NES days get over it Xxain.  What's your deal lately?  Your usually a pretty balanced poster but lately you've been posting like an eliteist.  The fact is its modern days now and tech changes.  Things like achievements and trophies are to be expected.  10 years ago no it wouldn't have been a problem at all since they weren't an idustry standard.  Now things like that are on the PS3 and for them to not add them, defeats any purpose whatsoever of rebuying them.

Same thing with cars.  Sure 50 years ago buying a car with out power windows and locks wasn't a big deal and wasn't a problem because they weren't around.  Now they are and their pretty much standard, so its expected for most vehicles to have them.

You calling out everyone else in the thread like your so much better and more "hardcore" of a gamer just is rediculous.  And it sounds more and more like your haveing a real hard time copeing with the fact that the idustry has evolved and changed.

lol, my car doesn't have power windows, or locks, or cruise control.

Xxain said:

So pretty much  everybody in this threads has has started gaming this generation and didnt get a PS3 till after 2009.

ther is NO WAY somebody who has been gaming for 10 years plus and who had a PS3 pre 2009 would find this in any sense a problem

I already own Crisis Core, if for one second it comes on the ps3, there's no real incentive to get it on the ps3 when it's working fine on the psp. I've never been a fanboy of HD graphics so...apart from that, I can't think of anything that these ports will bring to me.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
Xxain said:

So pretty much  everybody in this threads has has started gaming this generation and didnt get a PS3 till after 2009.

ther is NO WAY somebody who has been gaming for 10 years plus and who had a PS3 pre 2009 would find this in any sense a problem

I already own Crisis Core, if for one second it comes on the ps3, there's no real incentive to get it on the ps3 when it's working fine on the psp. I've never been a fanboy of HD graphics so...apart from that, I can't think of anything that these ports will bring to me.

but you would rebuy it for  something that means nothing

*ping* You equip your first Materia.

Ajescent said:
Xxain said:

The jagged edges in CC can be a bit annoying tbh.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Ajescent said:
Xxain said:

You need to stop being so derogitory to others based on their opinion.

Its childish and rediculous, especially coming from someone who I usually find a respectful poster.  What the hell does it matter to you if people enjoy trophies?  Why does it mean ANYTHING to you if thats what people like to play games and buy them for.

We've all understood your point, you don't give a crap about trophies.  Well thats great for you, now stop trying to degrade others who do enjoy them.

BenVTrigger said:
Xxain said:
Ajescent said:
Xxain said:

Its childish and rediculous, especially coming from someone who I usually find a respectful poster.  What the hell does it matter to you if people enjoy trophies?  Why does it mean ANYTHING to you if thats what people like to play games and buy them for.

We've all understood your point, you don't give a crap about trophies.  Well thats great for you, now stop trying to degrade others who do enjoy them.

Your Wrong, I actually have no problem with trophies in it self...hell i just celebrated my 1st plat not to long ago.

I do have a problem with it being a deciding factor in a purchase.. I wont/will buy a game based off inclusion of trophies.

look at what he said.. i wont buy CC becuase a HD version would add nothing but i will buy it for trophies...which also ends in nothing...its literally nothing eirher way

you dont find that ridiculous!?

all I want to know is why are we getting to that level where something mudane as trophies..which means nothing is that high of a deciding factor.

Xxain said:
BenVTrigger said:
Xxain said:
Ajescent said:
Xxain said:

Your Wrong, I actually have no problem with trophies in it self...hell i just celebrated my 1st plat not to long ago.

I do have a problem with it being a deciding factor in a purchase.. I wont/will buy a game based off inclusion of trophies.

look at what he said.. i wont buy CC becuase a HD version would add nothing but i will buy it for trophies...which also ends in nothing...its literally nothing eirher way

you dont find that ridiculous!?

all I want to know is why are we getting to that level where something mudane as trophies..which means nothing is that high of a deciding factor.

Because we are talking about Re-makes of games that are already available, and many people already own them.  This isn't like Valkyria Chronicles, Heavy Sword, or Metal Gear Solid that are games without trophies that are just one available version.

For someone who owns Monster Hunter on their PSP an HD upgrade may not alone be worthy of a re-purchase, but if it has trophies AS WELL as an HD upgrade its more new stuff and added value.  Thus making the purchase more justifiable. 

Plus trophies are fun because you can compare them with friends.  Its one thing to be able to tell a story to a firend how you beat a badass monster using only limited resources, but with a trophy you can prove and compare it.  Like I said added value and reason to repurchase.

Xxain said:
Ajescent said:
Xxain said:

As Wotl is my favourite psp game ever, if I was offered a chance to earn an official platinum for it, I would gladly take it. Unless it offers me something new that I want, I'm not interested.

I like trophies because

1: It tells you what kind of gamer a person is.

2: What kind of games they play.

3:How far into a game a person is.

To me, earning a trophy, better yet, a platinum in your favourite game is like a badge of honour for you and a comment on the game, i.e it was good enough for you to go all out and 100% the thing.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

i like trophies, they give me an easy way to tell my friends "hey this is what im playing" and if i really like a game ill probably get pretty close to getting a platinum trophy, at the same time i can see what other people are playing, and when my friends list gets too full i go through and look at peoples trophies if we dont play the same type of games a majority of the time i can drop them knowing that i most likely wouldnt be loosing someone who i would later have been playing games with

i might buy a few psp remastered games, but im not going to buy like 20-30 of them like i was planning